Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

No Red Wave

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps960608, Nov 9, 2022.

1. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    George Bush gained seats in 2002.

2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm wondering if he changes his mind about running after this. I assume the Mid Nov. announcement he's been talking about was that he'll run. But I also think he foresaw a red wave, led by his endorsed candidates, and him being praised as the savior of the party ... then he'd swoop in a few days later and announce he's running. If there is anyone in his life that still brave enough to tell him the truth to his face, you'd think they'd be pointing out the obvious, here.

3. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    You hitched your wagon to Trump when it was politically expedient to do so and now that's its not you're desperately trying to unhitch. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    yeah I should have been more clear, it’s relative to the presidents approval rating.

BFF8DC42-C9E3-4E07-9BF7-00534A6C8DA6.jpg

5. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    20221109_125357.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Interesting was Michigan, which was required to draw nonpartisan maps. As a result, for the first time in decades, democrats are in power at all state levels.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    His other reason for running is his hope it will shield him from charges and indictments if they come. At this point I will be surprised if he does not put his hat in the ring for 24.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    It's a dilemma for the GOP.

Stay on the Trump bandwagon and go the rocky road of insane populism to pick up the uneducated, anti Gov't fanatics that are so attracted to his nonsense or go with a polished, refined, educated leader that sticks close to the mainstream.

I of course have no sympathy for the GOP. Trump should never have been allowed by the RNC to run the first time. Herschel numbskull Walker, was and is a more competent candidate and he can't string three coherent sentences together that make any sense.

What did Trump do other than sign a tax cut for the rich, deregulate everything, including the R.E. business, kiss Putins ass and hold rallys every week among his base to name call and insult any persons that would not bow down and kiss his ring?

Oh and I left out insulting every minority group in the country, the military and of course attempt an illegal coup so he and his cronies (Stone / Bannnon / Epstein) could go haul off the contents of Ft. Knox. (And a train load of high school girls).

9. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    History started in 2006. 2002 is basically the outlier since at least the end of WWII

10. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    People used to say that taller people win elections - an interesting theory I haven't researched. I do think an argument can be made for putting forward charismatic and/or likeable candidates at least since the age of tv. JFK, Ford, Regan, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Obama, and Trump all seemed to be more charismatic candidates than their opponents. Biden beating Trump is probably the exception to that rule since he's not more charismatic than Trump, but I think he was at least more likeable because enough people were tired of Trump's antics.

Candidate selection is important. That said, I'm not sure it matters as much in states that are solid blue or red. I think Obama could be president again if he were able to run, but I don't think even Obama could win Florida at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    You knew who Trump was when you first voted for him. You ignored all of the warning signs because you wanted to own the libs. Now all of a sudden you don't like him, but Trump has not changed. Trump only cares about himself and will do whatever he can to gain power and will step on every toe that gets in his way regardless of party affiliation. The Dems tried to tell you but you'd just claim that they have TDS. You should have been a proponent of the impeachment but you weren't. The GOP made their bed and now they have to lie in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Why would you not welcome those who have changed their minds on trump? Does it make you feel better to say I told you so?
    You sound more like trump does with this kind of rhetoric.
    Maybe some folks have now come to see what Trump looks like at a distance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But Obama remains the coolest. No possible credible disagreement on that.

14. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Wow, Fox News.

15. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Its okay when power shifts. I've no problem with the pubs gaining control of at least the House. I'm just pleased the voters have said enough of this Trump shit and the attack on democracy itself. Still, Trump showed us something ugly about oirselves....at lease some of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Yeah, I watched him live last night. Mark could barely contain himself, he was seething at trump candidates that under performed and cost the party millions.

17. thomadm

thomadm VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    A bit of a expected reaction, but I don't think he gets it. Most folks are done with both parties and want the craziness to stop. I will vote and alot of my friends and family have said this as well for a split government. Why? Because it's been proven by both parties over the last decade or so that their goal is to impose radical changes to the core of the government and rights. Guns, abortion, freedom of speech, etc has been attacked by the Pubs or Dems. Not on my watch, you will get stagnation from this voter until I can trust you again.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Any school that would employ you. Sucka

But just generally speaking. There are way too many people in this country that don't even understand simple stats and data and sourced material

19. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

20. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Agree that no party should control all. They always claim a mandate while winning 52-48 and suddenly think the 48% suddenly died.

Make 50% of each party needed to pass anything, we would all be safer.

• Agree Agree x 1