Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

No Red Wave

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorchamps960608, Nov 9, 2022.

1. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't disagree with you here but all I am saying is don't laugh off those 12 house seats as having not much meaning in the bigger picture. I suggest to you that taking control of the house is huge and will completely change the narrative for the next 2 years. Again, this was not a red wave but in my opinion winning the house turns the election more reddish than blueish. In 2018 the Dems actually lost Senate seats but because they won the house I would say that election was more blueish than reddish. Especially the way the Dems took advantage of that result.

2. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    How come every GOP win is because of unethical practices but every Dem win is because it's the will of the people. The Dems changed the way we vote for all time because of COVID and the GOP better figure out how to adjust by cultivating their voters the way the Dems have in order to take advantage of early voting or they will be in big trouble for many elections to come.

3. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sorry but I just disagree with you. Biden did a bigger QUID PRO QUO with Ukraine than Trump ever did. Of course that Trump impeachment was bogus. As far as the Hunter laptop investigation is concerned you are hiding your head in the sand if you think its going to be about Hunter. The investigations will expose just how corrupt the "BIG GUY" is and we all know who that is. I believe even the main stream media will turn on Biden and that's saying something.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    S
    So you are saying that by winning Georgia the Dems will be able to pack the court by adding seats to SCOTUS. Personally I doubt that happens but I guess we will see. It's interesting that the Dems have no problem with packing the court but criticize the GOP for supposed gerrymandering. That's rich. Dems seem to love extreme changes that help them but demonize the GOP at every turn. I bet you also think these open borders is because of all the love the Dem's have for immigrants. Just ask the good hearted people of Martha's Vinyard about that. Wait maybe it's because they want to give them a rapid path to citizenship because they think they are cultivating a whole new group of voters.

5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Court has already been packed and it had been done by the Republicans, specifically Mitch McConnell. First, Mitch held the seat on the Court left vacant by Antonin Scalia's passing open for 10 months after he passed away; secondly, McConnell eliminated the filibuster for confirmation of SCOTUS justices and no his decision was not equivalent to Harry Reid's decision to do so for lower court judges; and finally and directly contrary to the rationale for his refusal to confirm Merrick Garland i.e. that it was an election year, McConnell pushed through the confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett less the six weeks prior to the 2020 election. As far as the people of Martha's Vineyard are concerned they actually welcomed the immigrants despite having no advance notice of their arrival and the decision to relocate them was made by the state's Republican governor because their new location at a military base was better able to accommodate them not because they were unwanted at the Vineyard.
    Since you probably weren't aware or conveniently forgot.
    Donations poured in and volunteers rushed to help: Here's how Martha's Vineyard communities responded to the arrival of migrants | CNN

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    It’s not a “narrative” so much as “reality.” Roe v Wade was established law that prevented states from passing backwards/idiotic/draconian abortion laws. It was overturned and immediately certain states began passing backwards/idiotic/draconian abortion laws. Dems just pointed and said “hey look!”

And I’ve got bad news for you - this will continue to be a massive voter issue that favors Dems until balance is restored to the courts - decades - and the law can be fixed. In fact I suspect it will be an even bigger issue at the polls when we aren’t facing major economic issues like massive inflation or general discontent most are feeling coming out the back end of a global pandemic.

I guess you need to ask yourself how important abortion is to you as a Republican. Because Dobbs will undoubtedly cost you future elections.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I can definitely tell you've been watching/reading a lot of right-wing media. So of course you disagree with me. You are the base and you're going to vote Repub in 2024 no matter what. The investigations will appeal to you. They are tailor-made for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    And their house pickup was largely aided by maps in several states that courts have already ruled illegal. Still dont understand why those were allowed to stand for this election

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Your first sentence displays such an abject lack of reading comprehension on your part that I decided not to read the rest of your post

10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    repubs had one of the worst results for opposition party in midterms in last 100 yrs. repubs lead in house will be single digits (expected to be much more) which will limit maga. dems held senate and will continue to select fed judges. Dems are elated.
    and it was more than abortion that stopped the red wave. It was maga candidates that backed conspiracy theories and anti democracy/hateful rhetoric. This country literally doesn’t trust maga anymore. And for investigations, gop house will start with an investigation of Hunter. Hunter?! Really?!

House GOP pushes forward with Hunter Biden probe despite thin majority

11. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    I would say that it is one thing to have a few sent to MV but quite another to have thousands continually show up there.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The narrative was that the residents of Martha Vineyard didn't want the immigrants because they were relocated from MV to the military base on Cape Cod the following day when in fact the decision to relocate them was made by Charlie Baker, the Republican governor of Massachusetts and it because the base had housing and food services and was much better able to accommodate them than did the town of MV.
    Migrants Flown to Martha's Vineyard Moving to Military Base

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    At least be honest about the welcoming people of Martha's Vineyard. For one day they put on a show of tolerance and then they couldn't wait to get them the hell out of there. If you didn't see that then I don't think you were looking hard enough.

Since the posts are getting more nasty than fact driven I will bow out now and let you all pat yourselves on the back for your perceived great midterm election win.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Okay, then show us your evidence, since you looked harder than we did. Show me the residents of MV trying to get rid of them. Or interviews about how happy they are to be rid of them. Or anything to support your claim. If you want fact driven posts, then provide some evidence of your claims (i.e., facts).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OK MD if you can't trust your lying eyes there is nothing I am going to tell you to change your opinion and I don't want to get into another nasty back and forth with you so once again I say lets just agree to disagree. You heard my stance on the subject and I heard yours. I respect that you see things through a very blue lens and I see things through a red lens. Doesn't make either one of us right or wrong and I am never going to do your research for you ever again.

By the way hope you had a great Turkey day.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I simply called for an actual fact based analysis to back your opinion-based put down of people (both on here and in MV). For the record, it should be noted that you refused to provide it.

17. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just curious here but what exactly do you hate about the MAGA slogan. Does it really upset you to hear "Make America Great Again". Would you prefer MAHA. "Make America Horrible Again".
    By the way the Dems committed one of the worst sins a house with a thin majority could ever do. Create a Jan. 6 committee and not let any real Republicans on the panel just a couple of RHINO's. Having an investigation that important without a true bipartisan panel is sinful at best. Thanks Nancy and bye bye. I really hope the GOP investigates the Biden family syndicate but I also hope they do it in a true bipartisan way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Did you actually read my previous posts. It wasn't the people of Martha's Vineyard who made the decision to relocate the immigrants, it was the governor of Massachusetts and the decision was made in large part because the town did not have the facilities to house the immigrants whereas the military base did and by the way why did DeSantis fly them from Texas to Massachusetts at the expense of Florida taxpayers in the first place? If it was Gov. Abbott at least there would have had a logical basis to transport them from Texas or if they were located in Miami, Tampa or Orlando DeSantis would have had a rational basis to fly them to Massachusetts. What Ron did was nothing more than an absurd political stunt.

19. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There you go again being your nasty self. That's what you always do. Was your last line really necessary. I don't have to provide you anything. You get the extreme good fortune of getting my take on things. You should embrace that. Maybe you really are a paid poster since you never have any capacity to hear another point of view. By the way I didn't refuse to do anything I would just prefer you do your own research since the last time we went off on this tangent it didn't turn out well.

It sure makes me think about what was said about you. You have all your leftist talking points supported by all your leftists articles and turn every discussion into who has better articles. If you didn't see all those nice people from MV and the horrific shock they were in to have to deal with the immigrants than that's on you. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

20. travlingator

travlingator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    First of all you and I have a different take on how those immigrants were received. I accept that. Why aren't you upset about all the immigrants Biden put on a plane and sent to Florida in the dead of night with no warning whatsoever. What Biden did has been a criminal act more than a political act ever since he opened the border. He is responsible for the increase in Fentanyl deaths, human trafficking increase and immigrant deaths just to name a few. DeSantis is responsible for letting a sanctuary city welcome in some asylum seekers. Quite the difference and yet your ire is directed at DeSantis, hard to figure.