Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Oh an official reprimand! Take that! Bet that goes right in his permanent record.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    That’s a high middle finger from Nutty Yahoo to the US Govt., WOrld Kitchen and decent people everywhere. It certainly figured in to our break with Israel and probably cost Israel Billions in aid.
    Nutty Yahoo at this point knows that pissing off the US doesn’t matter (to him) at this point. If Biden wins he’s out of office and likely in prison. He’s hoping Trump will save his bacon but Trump doesn’t give a shit about anything other than himself. Today he said Nutty Yahoo needs to wrap thing up. That though got him in hot water with Adelson’s widow who with 30B is one of the GOP’s largest donors. Trump cares about her cash so we’ll see how that plays out.

Frankly with a man who’s willing to sell himself, the ilk and the country to the highest bidder the range of possible outcomes is unknowable…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Just come out and say you hate Israel. We all see it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Just come out and say that you hate Palestinians. Because they are not white.

Yawn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I hate all terrorists, regardless of color. But I think everyone can see your hate for the Israelis. At least have the balls to admit it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Also, how come no one gives a shit about the 5 American hostages still held by Hamas? Why isn’t Biden making speeches demanding they be released?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    I know most on here aren’t, but if people were actually interested in historical
    Comparison of civilian deaths in Gaza vs past conflicts the data is available. Per the link above the Lebanon war in 1982 had 85% civilian casualty ratio. The Iraq war was 77%. Chechen wars were 85%+. Per the UN the average civilian casualty ratio in URBAN conflict is 85-90%. To those mathematically challenged that means for every 1 combatant killed, 9 Civilians are killed. Again those are the UN numbers for civilian deaths in Urban conflicts. Not mine. Yet Israel by every measurable standard mentioned above, and even quoting/linking the far right Maga Newsweek, the civilian casualty ratio in Gaza is actually demonstrably LOWER than previous Urban conflicts. Most on here won’t like that, but it is what it is. To rub salt in the wound, the tactics Used by the IDF will actually be studied and taught on how to wage future urban warfare. The challenge they face is the fight against the propaganda, as it seems Israel has no vocal ally

Israel Has Created a New Standard for Urban Warfare. No One Will Admit It).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Don’t bring facts to the Israeli hate session…

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sacrificial lamb. They had to do something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not that extreme and I want to make it clear that I do not agree with them, the rationale of the extreme Israeli right (both the religious right and secular extremists) is that biblical Israel including Judea and Samaria (the West Bank) should constitute the Jewish homeland and that the Arabs should relocate to the dozens of other countries with Arabic majorities. Even extremists like Ben Gvir do not advocate extermination of Palestinian Arabs but rather support expulsion or alternatively the equivalent of confining to Palestinians to the equivalent of Bantustans (what the White Apartheid South African government proposed as a Black homeland in South Africa, essentially small non economically viable territories). I want to make it clear that I support a 2-state solution. Unfortunately both Palestinian extremists as well as the Israeli right support a "River to the Sea" solution with the difference being that former define their vision as the eradication of Israel while the latter envision their version of the River to the Sea as Jewish state that includes the entirety of Palestine as it was defined prior to 1947.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You're basing this off the sorting of dead bodies you yourself did on the ground in Gaza? Who's data are you using? The IDF's? Surely you aren't expecting to have an objective conversation on this subject using the IDF's data. Mind you, even with their own data, they are still pissing off the entire world by their actions. It's like a man hitting a woman and everybody is begging him to stop and his response is "hey, I'm not beating her as badly as some of these other guys did in years past." Abuser goes on to site his own data to back up his claim as everybody continues to plead with him to stop the abuse.

And do you really believe you've outsmarted literally every country in the world? Based on the IDF's data? Everybody else is wrong, the IDF is right? Even our own government is wrong? Every country in the United Nations has called for an immediate ceasefire. You think they're all being hoodwinked by a bunch of scruffly guys hiding in various underground tunnels throughout Gaza? At some point you have to use your common sense and understand Israel is going to lie about this because everybody is on them 24/7 to stop. Netanyahu is not going to come right out and say "yeah, we know it's 95%+ civilian kill rate. Get over it."

13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
  14. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015

Your argument seems to be based on emotion. That’s fine. I’m not trying to change your mind. My contention is that Iran started this using Hamas. Iran doesn’t care about ‘Palestinians’. They knew Israel had 2 options. Counter in force with full ground invasion or counter with airstrikes alone which do little to nothing to tunnel network. Iran and Hamas both know Hamas cannot take on the IDF without the use of human shields so all of that was built into their plan for defending the ground assault. You sir are part of that plan. Job well done. And no. You don’t get to claim moral high ground about killing of civilians when the conflict was started with painstaking effort to purposely target almost all civilian targets and then retreat behind your own civilians in schools, churches and hospitals and then claim….but but the Civilians.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    When people don't use logic just laugh at them and move on. I do it with many posters on here who refuse to use common sense. It's like people yelling for a ceasefire. Well, the only ones who would actually honor a ceasefire are the Non-terrorists. Any ceasefire without the release of all hostages is a non-starter for Israel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    I have flushed a number of members who regularly post mindless, meaningless pablum over the past two months (including effectively ignoring two admins) and the relative quality of information on THFSG has increase tremendously. What a difference.

17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Not emotional at all. Practical is my approach and should be yours also. In fact, if you look back through my post history, you'll see I've been very critical of the Biden administration's approach to Iran and I've also called on Israel to divert their efforts in Gaza to Iran. You will get no disagreement from me whatsoever that Iran was behind the Oct 7th massacre. What drives me up the wall is that Israel will inflict all of this carnage on Gazans, but will do nothing to Iranians. Frankly, it's like they are being told what they can and can't do. An attack on Iran would lead to a major war in the middle east, we all know that. But picking on Gaza isn't going to fix the root issue. That's been a major beef of mine since all of this began.

You'll remember when Trump took out Soleimani, the establishment went on about WW3 etc etc. Iran are bullies and did essentially nothing over Soleimani. A few rockets lobbed into Iraq is not a response for taking out a nation's #2. Especially in light of what the Houthi proxies have done in the past few months. I don't care what anybody says, thawing $6 billion in oil assets for Iran was an idiotic thing to do. The U.S. leads on all of this. They tell Israel what they can and cannot do. They tell Ukraine what they can and cannot do. This disaster is at the feet of the Biden administration. That is not me on an election rant. That is me recognizing that Washington is calling all the shots in all of this. Including the mass murder of tens of thousands of Palestinians, which is why they are showing up at his rallies and protesting his every appearance.

18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So your contention is Israel should pull back, then what about the 5 US hostages still held by Hamas? Just write them off? How come we haven't gotten them back? Why hasn't Biden told Hamas release the US hostages or we will keep supplying Israel and won't support a ceasefire(Hamas has rejected every ceasefire offered anyways)?

19. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Because Hamas wants Israel to continue bombing. Hamas wins the PR war if Israel keeps bombing. As to your initial question, the US should do exactly what I propose Israel should do and that is to focus our effort on the source. The source is Iran. You can weed eat your flower beds, the weeds will simply grow back within days. Or you can pull the weeds and see much better results. Hitting Hamas is pretty useless. Iran will simply deploy a new proxy or replace the dead Hamas with new recruits. Also, hitting Hamas is setting Israel up for future terror. Do you think Palestinians care much at this stage if Israel bombs Iran, especially if that means ceasing fire in Gaza? Probably not.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1