Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    I'll admit I'm pretty naive to the whole situation. I've always wondered why we care so much about Israel or the Gaza area versus other atrocities that are going on currently in the world. I am also trying to figure out why some of the people that are against helping Ukraine are pro-israel

• Like Like x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    from everything I have perused, it appears that a rocket was launched and it was hit by Israeli defenses and it turned and hit the hospital. jmo

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    In short because Jesus was a Jew and we share a holy land. You know the whole “Judeo Christian Heritage” thing. Plus it’s hugely advantageous to have an extremely close ally in such a volatile part of the world.

5. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    So they both did it!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If that's what happened, I'd say Israel is blameless. Cant fault them for shooting down missiles aimed at them. But wouldn't the missile explode in the air if intercepted?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    [​IMG]

8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Hatikva means "the Hope." The Israeli national anthem expresses the hope, in the soul of every Jew, to be a free people in the land of Zion and Jerusalem.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  9. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Israel has said that its Iron Dome does not strike objects in Gaza.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I think the more likely explanation is that, when you build missiles out of your sewer system in a garage, things aren’t always going to work right.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Islamic Jihad has been firing rockets over that hospital.

Israel will have an announcement at 9AM Israel time, 2AM Eastern, explaining what happened

12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Day of Rage tomorrow. Does anyone wonder where the rage was when more than 1000 civilians were slaughtered 10-7?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    This is the Israeli national anthem w English subtitles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    At the end of the Passover Seder (when Jews are satiated from dinner celebrating and remembering our freedom) and Yom Kippur (when Jews have fasted, prayed and repented for 25 hours), jews sat "Next Year in Jerusalem."

Jews have done so for 2000 years.

This is another beautiful song about the dreams of Jews. The song is (translated to English) "Jerusalem of Gold."

In 1967, before the war or Israel even knew there would be a war, there was a contest for the Israeli Music festival.

Teddy Koleck, the Mayor asked Naomi Schemer to write a song for the contest.

Of course, it was the winner.

She tried it out on friends around the country, who all broke into tears. As the war approached, she sang it for the soldiers.

Jerusalem of Gold: the Unofficial Anthem of Israel

At the time, Jerusalem was torn apart by war. The Old City was entirely in Jordanian hands, and Jordanian soldiers walked Jerusalem’s ramparts, firing daily at the Israeli homes at the foot of the walls. So despite Israel’s independence, the longing for Jerusalem and its holy cites remained a painful dream for most Jews.

The song was first performed a few days before the music festival, when Naomi sang it for Israeli troops. Almost overnight, Jerusalem of Gold became the unofficial hymn of the Israel Defense Forces.

Three weeks after the debut of the song at the music festival, the Six Day war broke out. On June 7, IDF paratroopers liberated the Old City of Jerusalem and were the first Jews to approach the Western Wall – Judaism’s holiest place of worship – in 19 years. They prayed, they cried … they sang Yerushalayim Shel Zahav.

When Naomi Shemer heard the soldiers had sung her song at this historic moment, she wrote an additional verse, recalling the blasts of the shofar from the Temple Mount that heralded the liberation of Jerusalem.

This was the closing scene in Schindler's list, and when the Jews ask where they can go after the Holocaust, the point is made.

The scene cuts off before the Schindler survivor's offspring are shown.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

16. ElimiGator

ElimiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    Great video of the Apache killing Hamas. The best is at the 1:19 mark.

17. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Perhaps you can explain to me what the point of an Israeli invasion of northern Gaza is? I sincerely have this genuine question in my mind. I understand that Israel intends to depose Hamas leaders in northern Gaza by doing this. But won’t the financiers of Hamas, the bank rollers of Hamas, whom all seem to reside outside of Gaza, won’t they simply replace the officials that the Israelis are able to arrest or kill in northern Gaza? What is the point of an Israeli invasion, if not to occupy Gaza? Will not the same problem exist, only with new figure heads in place next time around?

18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The point is to eliminate Hamas in Gaza, to eliminate their terror capabilities.

If terrorists came across the US Southern border to drive "the Gringo" out of Texas and killed 1000 plus civilians, kidnapped hundreds more, what do you think the US would do.

Check with Afghanistan and Iraq and let me know.

Dealing with the leadership that resides outside of Gaza is another story. That has to be accomplished differently.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    They're essentially dead men walking. For an example of what will happen to the Hamas planners residing outside of Israel there is the model of what happened to the Palestinian terrorists responsible for murdering members of the 1972 Israeli Olympic team including those responsible for planning the terrorist attack.
    'Wrath of God': Israel's response to 1972 Munich massacre

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Not necessarily. I don’t know anything about the dynamics of how the ID intercepts rockets, but I know a Patriot, for instance, can successfully intercept an inbound missile but fail to detonate the warhead, which still falls to the ground and explodes. Such an event happened in 1991: a Patriot successfully hit a Scud, but the warhead fell on an Army Reserve barracks, resulting in 27 U.S. deaths, the largest single cause of American casualties in the Gulf War. I suppose something like that could have happened.

• Informative Informative x 4