Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Whatever you say, Sport.

Keep parroting the sentiment of war criminals. You're advocating killing women and children. Why do you like killing women and children so much?

Now go get your shine box, skippy.

2. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Because you didn’t read what he said. He said it was tragic that civilians died, and that there would be a full investigation. As now roundly reported, the investigation demonstrates that the tragic deaths were caused by Hamas — Israel dropped a precision bomb in a target outside the civilian zone. That target, to everyone’s surprise, was filled to the rim with munitions and explosives (thus the unexpected secondary and tertiary explosions).

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m not sure how you can claim that “none of the international bodies and observers are questioning the numbers.” Here’s an article from 2 weeks ago that reports the numbers were grossly inflated. Since this (and many more like it) have reported this,I thought it was by now pretty widely known that Hamas was routinely inflating virtually every aspect of the casualties of war.

UN deaths in Gaza estimate cut in half for women and children

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m curious if you know what “ethnic cleaning” means? I know it was a term flippantly shouted by uninformed students, but do you know what it means?

Here’s some stats that are relevant to the discussion of “ethnic cleaning,” for the sake of intellectually honest discussions:

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I'm sorry, but that first tweet is downright false. Jewish people were not "ethnically cleansed" from Middle Eastern countries as a whole. As I pointed out the first time you posted that, a lot of that had to do with the formation of the state of Israel, in which many Jewish people voluntarily moved to Israel, as well as the process of decolonialization, when many people moved back to European countries from colonial possessions. It was not due to the violent displacement, either by expulsion or killing, of the Jewish populations across the entire Middle East.

The second tweet is also highly misleading. He tries to equate the population of Palestinian territories in 1948 with a worldwide population today. The population of Palestine has grown. But, for some reason, the person you linked to decided to try to make a dishonest comparison anyway.

I am in agreement that the notion of ethnic cleansing isn't just a term to throw around loosely. However, I don't think that the defense against that is to throw the term around even more loosely. I don't think either of those are examples of "intellectually honest" discussions.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    How do you define ethnic cleansing? It sure isn’t an increase in the population.

And I’m not sure how you come to the conclusion that Jews weren’t tossed from Arab countries. Sure, many Jews made Aliyah voluntarily. Many, however, were forced to leave.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I define it, as the dictionary does, as "the mass expulsion or killing of members of an unwanted ethnic or religious group in a society." A population can increase in the face of that, theoretically. That is especially true if you include people not currently facing the expulsion or killing due to not being in that country. I don't think Israel has, over the last 70 years, engaged in a consistent policy of ethnic cleansing, BTW. I am just pointing out that the argument was not even close to "intellectually honest."

Start with the first country that the tweet lists: Morocco. Show me evidence of the forced expulsion of Jewish people from Morocco.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ethnic cleansing? Show me where they are bragging about it. Lied to? You are parroting Hamas's death numbers. Wake up bud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    War criminals LOL. You can't make this shit up. Glad we have Hamas's spokesperson on TooHot. Way to go Terrorists!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Why do you love war criminals, sport? Do you just love it when women and children get killed? Sad.

11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’ll start by giving you this to read, which is a nice discussion on the topic. Amongst other things, you’ll get to read about how Iraq literally criminalized being a Jew, after years of making life excruciatingly difficult.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-expulsion-that-backfired-when-iraq-kicked-out-its-jews/

12. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    There is absolutely no data, no link, nothing at all that I can show you that will change your mind. You don’t want to change your mind. You don’t want to accept the fact that genocide and ethnic cleansing are occurring right now in Gaza. While you may find it entertaining to sit here for hours on end, going back-and-forth about mass murder, I don’t and it’s pointless. Are you truly so arrogant to believe that every country in the world, including many of our allies, along with the United Nations are all simply parroting Hamas talking points? Everybody else is wrong? Everybody else is stupid? The United States is the only country with the real answers? It’s like George W. Bush on steroids.

Last edited: May 28, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If this fits the definition of ethnic cleansing, then the Nakba certainly qualifies as such (and happened on a larger scale).

14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Are you talking about the “Nakia” caused by Arabs attacking the sole Jewish Nation in the entire World, the day it was born?

The “Nakba” where the Arab armies told the people to leave the land and not return until the Jewish State is annihilated (as mentioned in the Jordanian newspaper in 1949)?

Or, are you talking about the “Nakba’s” suffered by people under the Muslim shoe, like the Armenians, Kurds, Greeks, or Sudanese (in Darfu). Here’s a nice bit of that history summed up below.

Make no mistake, atrocities certainly were committed by all sides in Israel’s War of Independence. But the “nakba” you most likely reference is propagandized revisionism.

15. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Apparently people think mass murder is funny. What a great place.

16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It’s so cute that you think that is what the source of the laughter.

Let me disabuse you of your false premise— sometimes things are said that are so off, so wrong, and so disturbing, that there’s not an emoji to truly rate the level of absurdity of the post. I personally choose the laughter emoji because, well, laughter is often the best medicine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Well you are certainly illustrating the definition of whataboutism for us all here.

18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's see...

Hamas is a terrorist organization who viciously attacked Israel on Oct 7th. Israel has in no way committed war crimes. You are a puppet for Hamas. Congrats! Terrorist lover!

19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Mass murder? Your solution is akin to the US only killing about 3,500 Japanese to make it "even" for Pearl Harbor? What a joke.

20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You didn’t laugh at the post. I should have been more specific.