Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    There are only approximately 90,000 Jews still in Russia. The total population of Russian Federation is 143M. Thus, it can be inferred that Jews have little influence in Russian politics/affairs, unless you subscribe to the notion that select high echelon Cabal Jews in Russia's High Bank?

I don't think Russia had any direct involvement in this heinous attack on Israel. But, in the event of an attack upon Iran, they will let their allegiances be known as will China (possibly).

2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Russian language is spoken by approximately 17.5% of Israelis. It’s the third most commonly used language in Israel behind Hebrew and Arabic. Russia and Israel maintain a “no visa” policy which means neither country requires a visa upon entry. Putin has worked hard to foster relations with Israel. Yes, Russia supports Iran, but only due to Iran’s adversarial relationship with Saudi Arabia and the U.S. Has nothing to do with Israel.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gator connection. Forgive me for citing Donald’s idiocy. I suspect Alex’s parents will get home safely, but I understand his fear

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. GratefulGator

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    Agreed. However, let's separate the majority of innocent Palestinians from the few crazed jihadists that perpetuated this attack.
    I hope Israel does not throw the baby from the bathwater, or whatever that saying is.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree. That’s why I worded it the way I did. Most Palestinians are innocent, and I have never accepted the formulation that voting in Hamas creates mass culpability for events like this

Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Will they be able to differentiate between weapons the US left behind or US weapons that were given to Afghanistan?

7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Is Anzalone Jewish? I just assumed he was Italian/catholic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    The word loser was edited out of the thread.

apropos to nothing…

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

Yep. The terrorists are also subjecting their own people to the war to follow.

“When the Palestinian militant group Hamas launched an attack on Israel Saturday morning, Palestinians living in the besieged strip had mixed feelings.

Some celebrated, taking pride in what they perceived as a victory against Israel. Others, however, were afraid, dreading a deadly retaliation.

The militant group’s unprecedented incursion prompted vows of retribution from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who declared on Saturday that his country was at war, pledging a “mighty vengeance for this black day.”

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No idea. I suspect they are just on a pilgrimage visit, which is common. I have long aspired to such a trip. Suspect they part of a tour

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Details here. As suspected. Part of Baptist Church group. They will almost certainly get home safely, but Alex’s fear is certainly understandable

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s obvious you’re confused about asset forfeiture and substitution but I have neither the inclination nor patience to explain. Go get your law degree and work the DOJ then we can have an educated discussion.

13. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It takes more than a "few crazed jihadists" to plan, prepare, and carry out this attack. It was a massive coordinated effort.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s just a bunch of mindless criticism. I expect it from many on here but it seems to have wrapped up a couple of our more sensible posters too.

15. GratefulGator

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    What do you know about the Mossad? I'll enlighten you. The Mossad are considered the most elite intelligence and counter-intelligence service, even surpassing our own CIA on many levels.

How could such an elite group totally miss the intrusion of tens of thousands of missiles and munitions into Gaza, which was then ill-launched onto the heads of innocent Israelis?

Yes, it was a coordinated attack.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No different than out intelligence services missing the 9/11 attacks. It happens . So how many is a "few" in your opinion?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Mossad does external intelligence. Shin Bet does domestic intelligence, which includes Gaza, West Bank, and Golan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So I should be seriously considering that Netanyahu is working with Hamas and he coordinated the murder and kidnapping of hundreds of his own citizens, but no one in Israel had a clue he was doing that, then he turns around and bombs the hell out of Hamas?

I tend to dismiss what is implausible and illogical. This is along the same lines of ANTIFA or the FBI started 1/6, or George Bush instigated 9/11 because of some pipeline. Typically you don’t seriously entertain false flags unless there is evidence and it is plausible to implement.

They do happen. I have heard some speculation that Putin may have instigated the Chechen apartment bombings as a false flag. It is more plausible that an authoritarian government that has media control can pull this off.

“False flag” has become the go to tribal partisan argument to rationalize an action that otherwise conflicts with your desired belief system. Liberals will scoff at the ridiculousness of ANTIFA false flag claims, but cozy up to false flag theories when it comes to Israel, which they often tend not to favor in the Israel/Palestine issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Almost certainly. Every single weapon and other piece of serialized gear is accounted for down to the last person who signed for it. In 2001, we (the U.S., not some group I was a part of) found American night-vision goggles in Afghanistan that were traced back to where they were lost in Mogadishu in 1993.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. GratefulGator

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    I would bet shekels to sauerkraut that the majority of Palestinians were like "oh shit, this is not good for our survivability."

There are sure to be mass migrants from this event. I wonder which countries accept these refugees.

• Agree Agree x 1