Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    The US never demilitarized from WWII, the "military industrial complex" and all that. The founding fathers didnt want a standing army at all lol, so we are a long ways from that. We have a very professional and well funded military, with bases around the world, including in countries we havent left since WWII like Germany and Japan.

2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    As long as that military is NOT turned inwards we have a chance to feel free... still.

3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Sure man, if you want the national guard to deal with stuff like protests, crime or people coming through the border you just mean you dont want it directed at you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Interesting. I have heard from reputable sources for over a decade that the command center was there. But even with advance notice, that could not be concealed. There would be hardened walls, etc. and infrastructure for secure communications that could not be concealed even if they did try to clean out.

Al-Shifa hospital has a few guns, but no Hamas command center - Kevin Drum

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Some of the same people who said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, weird

7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Drum said the same. But it is different in ways too long to explain. Still, I was certain it was true.

8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    At least you are keeping an open mind about this, I can appreciate that

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    At this juncture, absent additional evidence which would be surprising given that the IDF has full control, think the answer has to be no command center there. They should have engineers and intel there by now that could make the determination if there was something that required expertise to recognize. They certainly have a strong press office to put their best case out there (which is appropriate). But they haven't. So at this point, absent more, no command center at Al-Shifa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    entirely possible that the leadership had meeting rooms there and ran operations out of there without the need for tunnels or bunkers etc but this is sounding more and more like the WMD when Saddam wanted us to think something so we thought it. or they are still processing the bunker to make it safe?

11. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Possible, but what you describe is not a military command center like has long been stated to exist there.

12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    what is required to be considered a military command center?

13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I think people can just apply some critical thinking about why a guerilla outfit would a) have an elaborate command and control center anywhere that has any sort of capacity to cripple an organization if destroyed and b) and if they did, why they wouldn't they put in the elaborate tunnel system they made that cant be bombed. We've fought a number of counter insurgencies and I dont think we lost them because we didnt blow up enough fake or real "command centers." Its just such a bullshit target, but counterinsurgency is the ultimate fools game.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I think its pretty obvious two people meeting in an empty room can be called a command center

15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know there is a "minimum" requirement, but as the name suggests, it's for coordinating the war effort. So you would have maps, secure communications, or if you don't trust that you can communicate securely, easy tunnel access to operate via courier. You would have maximum available connectivity (understanding that Israel is blocking, but there are likely workarounds), to all open source like media and someway to communicate with leadership outside, who has been negotiating pauses, hostage releases, etc. And this one you would also expect to be hardened (thicker walls, etc.). This one was purportedly in the basement under the children's wing. There is an IDF Youtube out there, but it doesn't look like it could at all meet what would be necessary to be a command center

16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Unless you felt like you were in a place that couldn't/wouldn't be bombed or electricity and connectivity cut off for other reasons. Even here, Israel didn't bomb the Hospital or purported command center. That was supposedly why it was there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They have found tunnel entrances in the complex.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007

19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So you resurface after ignoring all the posts with real links about the use of civilian infrastructure. To discuss the results of the incomplete operation at Shifra. Btw: they have found weapons there, a dead hostage whose body is among 200 others that are going to have to be identified. Terrorist computers. Not to mention the terrorists who were eliminated operating in the hospital grounds. And the entry to one terror tunnel. But for someone like you— who considers the use of human shields legitimate when terrorists want to kill Jews— that is of little surprise. In the coming days, you will be hiding from what they discovered at Shifa too. So rush to judgment now so anyone who hasn’t figured out who and what you are can see it again.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I'm sure they will uncover the secret Hamas lair with the Hitler shrine any day now, along with all of Saddam's WMDs, and boy will I have egg on my face. It will only take like 10,000+ dead civilians to accomplish and engender hatred for the USA and Israel for generations that will inspire new acts of depravity. What a victory!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1