Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's like you didn't even watch the video. I can't help it if I don't support a group of people who openly want to kill another group simply because of their religion. You keep thinking that is ok. I don't see Hamas around this play holding a gun to everyone's head making them watch. If the Palestinian people are good with crap like this being taught to their kids then yes, I do think their lives are worth less. Like I said, says all I need to know about you and your support of terrorists.

2. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015

Here’s a new idea.

All lives matter.

3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While the deaths of Palestinian children in Gaza are truly tragic, keep in mind, were it no for the cross border terrorist attack and atrocities against Israeli civilians committed by Hamas every Palestinian in Gaza including Palestinian children killed after October 7 would be alive today.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Does anyone believe that the the missile that the Arrow system intercepted in pace that launched from Yemen was launched by Houthi's or IRG?

5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So can we.

6. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    if Hamas did not hide behind human shields, these children would not be dead.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Agreed. And they know that too. We tried to send a message and deter, because it does the US (or Israel) no good for the US to get dragged into a wider war. That doesn't mean it will not happen

8. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Tyler Rogoway with this afternoon's report. Four hour pauses in the north daily, at least for the time being. Hamas claims some successes, but still a bit skeptical of any significant success because they GoPro all and release anything that can remotely be characterized as a success for propaganda purposes. So far only a few videos with unclear results. There is a Hezbollah video in there which seems to show some success.

9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Telling.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. cron78

cron78 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2022
    Lotta folks didn’t like that phrase a couple years ago. Wondering if it might be more acceptable this time around.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Nope. Still a shitty and dismissive phrase.

12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Bro, come on.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Hamas are evil terrorist shits. Yet, their evil actions don't justify retaliatory bombings of innocent women and children. Killing Israeli children is unacceptable. Killing Palestinian children is also unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I had a very close friend who owned a jewelry store. One day she was there alone when someone came in and robbed her at knife point. She was able to trip an alarm and, when the robber heard law enforcement approaching, he decided to take her out of the store with a knife to her throat just as police were pulling into her parking lot.

I'm intentionally not going to finish this, just something to think about.

15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Palestinian children have died not because Israel is killing them as a form of retaliation, they died because Hamas is using Palestinian civilians as human shields. Hamas tunnels run beneath civilian buildings including schools and hospitals, they store munitions in civilian neighborhoods and fire rockets aimed at civilian areas in Israel from sites among civilian residential neighborhoods in Gaza.

By the way at this point I think that Israel should probably reduce the aerial bombardment of Gaza, should implement a humanitarian pause and should resume deliveries of medical supplies and fuel to Gaza provided that the fuel is delivered in such a way as to ensure Hamas doesn't end up controlling the fuel and that is used for generators powering hospitals, water treatment plants and civilian residential facilities.

16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    That is such bullshit. This is like Russia claiming that it is justifiable for it to carpet-bomb Ukrainian cities because the Ukrainian military is using the civilians as "human shields." Not a single one of you would believe that crap. Yet, you fall all over yourselves to believe it here. Israel's right-wing government is retaliating against the Palestinians in Gaza for what Hamas did.

I'm sure they do. Guerrilla tactics. Yet, nobody is forcing Israel to bomb hospitals and schools.

All of that would be progress. But let's also stop letting Israel off the hook for the choices it is making.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Lol….no. It’s the truth, and the appropriate phrase, in general. I do agree with you that under some of the context that it’s been used, especially in the beginnings of the BLM movement, it has absolutely been intended to be dismissive, and were racially motivated.

18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You're only proving my point. Of course it's true. But people use the phrase when they're trying to be dismissive of some group who is being harmed. How often do you hear people use the phrase "All lives matter" in a way that isn't dismissive?

19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    And? How many people just died because Israel has repeatedly agreed to cease fires when Hamas previously attacked in Israel or launched missile strikes. The difference lies in the act of an individual versus that of a government

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    I’m not proving your point, at all. Just because some bigoted group of people choose to use the phrase in a condescending/dismissive manner, doesn’t make the sentiment, in general, “shitty and dismissive”. As to your question, I’ve heard that phrase used by plenty of people in an appropriate manner. It’s just that the idiots are usually the one’s getting the attention for it. Their errors shouldn’t reflect on the truth of the phrase.
    Careful with your argument. You’re using the same rationale as the anti-woke morons of the world.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023