Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I was satirizing the Biden position of “we have no direct evidence Iran was involved.”

2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Yes, just like afghanistan did. Israel cannot allow an organization like Hamas to exist in strength along their border and cross-border crossings that only served to benefit hamas. lots of their intelligence came from workers from Gaza that worked in Israel. they need to go in and physically remove the infrstructure underground and establish control to be handed over to an int'l. Gaza proved to be unable to govern itself and peacefully co-exist. Sad, not good for anyone, but hamas made this choice, not Israel.

is this big news or just expected. Israel has deployed all four of their subs, thought to be capable of carrying nuclear missiles. at times like these, those nukes in pakistan make me worry

Israel is deploying submarines. Something big is about to happen (msn.com)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    some good news, or so it would appear. Hopefully they do not let Hamas succeed and scuttle the KSA - Israeli agreements

Powerful Saudi prince breaks ranks to condemn Hamas (msn.com)

An influential Saudi prince has issued a strong condemnation of Hamas in a rare rebuke from one of the Middle East’s main power brokers. Prince Turki al-Faisal, a former Saudi ambassador to the UK and US, said he preferred “civil insurrection and disobedience” to the murderous tactics adopted by the Palestinian terror group.

“I categorically condemn Hamas’s targeting of civilian targets of any age or gender as it is accused of,” Prince al-Faisal said in a speech at the Baker Institute for Public Policy, a US think tank housed at Rice University in Texas.

“But equally, I condemn Israel’s indiscriminate bombing of Palestinian innocent civilians in Gaza and the attempt to forcibly drive them into Sinai,” he added, citing Israel’s recent bombardment of the enclave and order for its residents to flee south towards Egypt ahead of an expected ground offensive.

Prince al-Faisal’s remarks underline recent comments from Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and indicate Riyadh may still be amenable to a historic normalisation deal with Israel, despite having put on hold talks amid the current war.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Hopefully he means that he UNcategorically condemns Hamas’ actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    This one.

7. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
  8. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  10. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you deliberately equating support for Palestinians with support for Hamas?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Yes. Deliberately. A sharp one, you are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Surprised at your attitude but you do you. I have no issue with kids peacefully expressing support for Palestinians. Comparing that to supporting the Klan is disingenuous.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    I suppose you might be right. Like during WW2, I suppose it was possible for German-Americans (even family members of mine) to publicly support German war aims while disavowing Nazi war aims. But I don’t think I would have been any more sympathetic to their BS than I am to these wretched people who don’t have the good sense to STFU.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So first they support Hamas and now their war aims? Did you even read the article you posted? And these wretched people are high school kids. I do agree some people don’t have the good sense to STFU. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Do you not understand what Hamas’ strategy is? It was to provoke Israel into a situation where they would have no choice but to attack Gaza but then to use whatever means are available (including high school kids) to pressure Israel into a third-party brokered ceasefire. As soon as that ceasefire goes into effect, Hamas will declare military victory over Israel. So, no, zero sympathy for anyone who is, directly or indirectly, supporting Hamas’ strategy. They need to be called out for that BS on the spot. Israel needs to push the matter this time until Hamas surrenders. No face-saving deals that allow Hamas to declare victory.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    That type of behaivor by Jews just provides hamas and other radicals more support from Palestinians. If Israel expects Palestinians to control their radicals Israel needs to clean up its own radicals first

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I think we need to separate Palestinians from Hamas. Those west bank Palestinians grtting attacked by rogue settlers backed by IDF aren't hamas and they are being murdered by right wing jews trying to drive them from their lands. Can one support them without supporting hamas? The people sheltering in the greek orthodox church that Israel struck with a missile?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    No quarrel with that.

19. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    “From the River to the Sea, Palestine [sic] will be free” only means one thing. If you’re chanting that, you’re supporting Hamas one way or another. If you’re calling for a ceasefire, you’re calling for Hamas to have strategic victory.

I’ve said it before: the best way to save innocent Arab lives in Gaza, today and over the long-term, is for Hamas to surrender as quickly as possible. Hamas can do that today or it can do it after thousands more, the innocent and guilty alike, have died or had their lives ruined. Anyone who truly wants peace and innocent lives spared should be calling for Hamas to surrender immediately, not for Israel to quietly accept strategic defeat.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I cannot vouch for this feed, but it makes sense re: above

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2