Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Nashville shooter to who I will or won't vote for

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jun 24, 2024.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Interesting. The poster in question has called Trump "a racist, rapist, lying dimwitted criminal," as well as a traitor. That sounds like a pretty good description to me. Has anyone here tried to refute it? Not that I've noticed. Gatorpa responded with "Whatever man." Now there is a refutation!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Im certainly not "proud" about it. Its why I abandoned the party completely.

I consider myself a social conservative and on a couple core issues I cant in good conscience vote for the liberal alternative.

It in no way means I am proud of my side or in my feeling I had to leave myside at the curb.

It all makes me sad. Far from proud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. tilly

So? Many of us feel that way about Trump. But we have sorta learned to ID these boomerang posters. If he isnt that, then I apologize, but I e mentioned it several times with no denial.

The MO is always the same. Come in hot and strong and very frequent. (Yeah yeah...thats what she said)

New posters tend to go in a toe at a time and test the waters. If he is new he dove in head first from the highest board.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Good. I wish more people would say what they feel, instead of things like Biden's too old.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Well, being sad about our choices in November is something we all have in common! So hooray for that... COMMON GROUND!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I don’t get your point at all.
    Why would you expect a con to vote Democrat just because we don’t like our current option?
    My choices are terrible…liberal or an asshole.
    It’s fairly cut and dry to see why someone like me could NEVER vote liberal, but still feel proud not to vote for an asshole.
    Open your mind. It should not annoy you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Wrong. Very wrong.

Your choices are Democrat or criminal. Actually make that "criminal traitor", who has already shown us that he'd accept election help from a foreign adversary, and would tear down our country for his own election benefit.

We've already seen these things happen. It's remarkable how many people don't care.

8. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Yeah, I dont really get it, Democrats have been more or less portraying Trump as a sort of ring leader, saying when he's gone the Republican party might be "normal" again. Then also its not enough to simply not vote for the guy, you have to basically become a Democrat until Trump is gone? There is a little inconsistency there. Are people's issues with Trump mostly style or substance? It's hard to tell sometimes. If the issue is style, then it shouldn't matter what people do in other races. If its substance (he sucks but holds basically orthodox Republican views which will attract Republican voters), instead of lecturing people who will never vote for a Democrat, go volunteer for some phone banking or canvasing and mobilize people who can be convinced to vote the right way. As I said before, if your only plan for this election is simply voting, then its all just wanking in the end.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. tilly

When Florida is sitting at like 8-0 on election day we will all be united. ;)

10. tilly

His point is that those are not the ONLY choices. Voting for a "non viable" candidate as an act of conscience is still a choice.and it has an impact.

Democrats should be celebrating that we are taking a vote from their primary opponent. But alas that isnt good enough. Some on the left as is the norm expect 100% compliance with their way of thinking, and anything short is something they will ridicule.

Ahhh.tolerance.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Metaphorically, sometimes literally …

12. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    In my view I don’t need everyone to think as i do ( a truly scary thought) but i do wish upon the 3rd party voters a double dose of pragmatism- one of two men will be our next President so hold your nose if need be and vote for the less odious one. In that view its not a close call.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. tilly

I dont vote "R down the ballot".

Voted for Mike McIntyre here in NC multiple times have stated that numerous times here. He represented our area very well and never seemed to be just hunting for the next level. Retired pretty young in fact.

I will vote in favor of many environmental/coastal issues that may cross over to blue for instance.

My goal is t to help Biden win. My goal is to send my own personal message that hopefully will be one of millions to my own side of the aisle.

I have zero interest in helping the anything goes agenda of the far left.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. tilly

But to some of us their is no conscionable way to vote for either. No amount of nose holding at this point, is good enough.

I simply can not do it. I feel that strongly about both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tilly

They/We are drinking because of our options! :D

16. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Is it hard to tell that he's a malignantly narcissistic, four-times-indicted convicted felon, as well as a traitor, his attempt to overthrow the government being nationally televised? And this creature could be voted the next president. I've pretty well given up on this country. To quote the Jim Garrison character in "JFK," "This is not the country I was born in."

17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I mean, in my view this is exactly the country I was born in lol. Trump is basically America in person form, big, racist and ignorant. Maybe idealistic boomers like Oliver Stone knew something different.

18. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll rephrase my statement. This is not the country I thought I was born in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Who can speak for everyone when there will always be a "some" ?

As for me? I don't say it all the time, but....."ridicule" doesn't go far enough in characterizing anyone who would vote for ANY Republican ANYwhere.

This is a group that has institutionalized LYING for their convicted felon. That actively tries to gaslight the public regarding his grotesquely Un-American crimes. Hell, they’re now debating legislation to go after the legal prosecutors of their felon!

So I have about as much respect for supporters of that as for, say, the OJ Simpson Was Framed Society.

And no, "Errrr, I'll vote for these people even though they lie for an Un-American criminal. They just might get better some day!"........is simply not good enough.

So boo hoo am I "intolerant" for holding supporters of a criminal organization in low regard? Yes, indeed. More should give it a shot.

20. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    FROM YOUR KEYBOARD TO GODS EYES

• Funny Funny x 2