Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Nashville shooter to who I will or won't vote for

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jun 24, 2024.

1. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Most reasonable people who have reservations about voting for Biden don’t have them because of his politics it’s his age.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    You're not selling any of that in this house, Mister.

Also; yeah, sure - that's why you all voted for a racist, rapist, lying dimwitted criminal both 4 and 8 years ago. And will do so again.*

* Or maybe you'll only vote for the criminal organization that defends, lies for and abets the criminal.......but you'll convince yourself that you're not supporting his criminality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Because maybe he wants to vote other races? Typically state and local races have more effect on our lives anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Whatever man.
    You’re so damn pompous and full of your opinions it’s ridiculous.

Go take that broad brush you’re always painting with and sod off, it’s getting worn out these days.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Sorry, I didn't mean to trigger you. I mean that sincerely. Really really sincerely.

You can now retreat back into your safe space, where the people you vote for show up outside the courthouse to lie for the traitor felon who leads their party. You can continue to vote for people who are complicit in lying to the public about the traitors (or are they "hostages") who attacked our government as part of a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election. You can vote for the "political party" that includes judges whose apparent single goal of jurisprudence is delaying more than one trial for a twice impeached, criminally indicted, already convicted felon.

Yup, you can go vote for that and......convince yourself that you're not voting for traitors.

I won't ask what someone who votes for traitors should be considered to be. Because I don't want to make you upset again. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    It’s not triggering to sit back and watch someone make a fool out of themselves over and over.

Carry on with one suggestion, get some new material your shtick is getting tiresome even to the left leaning posters.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If Republicans and Republican leaners want to vote third party, I'm down with it. Better than them voting for Trump.
    At the risk of convincing you to vote for him, Trump is very much a product of Reagan.

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That's why we should vote for a youngster like Trump, even though he's a juvenile delinquent.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

1. All good comes from God.
    2. Not sure what state you live in, but the one I live in has all kinds of things to vote for every single time. Especially important local issues.
    3. No ones vote is wasted if they use It as they see fit. Thats why we each get one.

Am I really going to have to endure another season of being told by certain folks how I SHOULD vote?

The left telling me that abandoning Trump is not enough and I now must get in line behind the ever sliding liberal agenda.

The right telling me that I am just a liberal who hates abortion and that abandoning the R party and Trump makes me a RINO?

Well screw all of that.

Vote as YOU wish. Thats what this country has always been about.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. tilly

My disdain for Trump is hardly political.
    I wont support a deplorable human being who panders with a fake faith and is the antithesis of it. A man that has less class than a school on Sunday during the summer. A man that thinks of his own daughter as "hot" and a "piece of ass". A man that "likes them young" and has committed acts to prove it. A man that fires up conspiracy theorists and lacks a single ounce of humility.

No. Reagan did not breed any of that.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. tilly

You're dealing with someone that probably cant even use his original name on this board because of being banned or being ridiculed.

That or the most fired up new poster I have ever seen by both animosity and frequency of posting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    1. Oh ok
    2. Fair
    3. It is wasted. I guess the reason this bothers me so much is people who vote third party try to absolve themselves of responsibility by saying “I didn’t vote for him” but were also unwilling to vote for the other guy that might beat him. Further, people like that then say I’m taking a stand against my party on prez and vote R or D down the rest of the ballot. But yeah of course you do you.

13. tilly

Robinson is a quack. I have no issue with his overall view on LGBTQ issues, but his wording about the issue is troublesome.

His statements about the Holocaust are beyond crazy.

I do not intend to vote for him.

On the other hand Roy Cooper is quite the divider himself. He is only governor because he continued the false narrative about the bathroom bill in Charlotte and caved in to the NBA etc on the matter.

He also started off well with Covid. He was proactive and I praised him...but caved to liberal pressure by keeping the state closed for far too long

Here in NC we have another case of two bad choices.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    With the electoral college, any one person's vote is either wasted, unequal or irrelevant, so who cares. Doesn't really make sense to stress out about any one vote for president.

15. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    I do not really care about that part. What’s annoying is those people who cast their votes that way tend to act like they are absolved of responsibility. Or somehow above the fray or somehow not responsible for the shitty things their preferred party does. That’s the part that bugs me. That and about trump specifically they say he’s literally the worst, a danger to democracy, etc. and still won’t vote for the guy who has the best chance of beating him. And then they’re proud about it lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    On the other hand a lot of the people who say that and mean it also just vote too. So what's the difference? I dont necessarily disagree with what you are saying, but I kind of roll my eyes when people say "democracy is on the ballot" and then just act like its a normal election and do nothing else too. I dont see much urgency by anyone given the hype people put on these elections (unless you count scolding people online).

• Like Like x 1
  17. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Cooper is term limited from running this time so none of us will be voting for him. But in the examples you provided indicate Robinson is rotten at his core while Cooper had policies you disagreed with.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    This exactly.

They say they can't bring themselves to vote for Trump.....but frequently vote for people who regularly lie for him. Whether it's calling J6ers "hostages", attacking our legal system, or even travelling to Manhattan to protest for the lying criminal, they are supporting criminality.

And then we get to see the hypocrisy plainly articulated here : "Oh my, I would NEVER vote for someone of Trump's character! Ever! But I WILL vote for people who publicly lie for him and enable his crime! "

"And also, I really really really hope it all gets magically better! I cast my vote in favor of supporting Trump's criminality, but I hope people see that I don’t support that, and they change what they do!"

It's downright hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.

Oh, also: "I'm really against abortion rights also. Ya see, I just have no port to sail into. So I'm going to vote for the people who lie for, enable, defend and support an outright criminal. "

Hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    That's the thing - I didn't say that. Republicans justifying not voting for trump are usually the ones that say it. It's just weird that some of them say that, and STILL won't vote for Biden who is the only other guy with a chance to win. And to be fair, this is strictly an online message board type thing. My friends that are pubs and i don't have these arguments because I just tell them to shut up and keep drinking.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. tilly

I think Robinson is just a black Trump without the sex scandal history.

And I know Coopers is term limited. Not sure what I was thinking. I guess I was just equating the two ideologies at play.

• Agree Agree x 1