Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

My cancer journey-update

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by DawgFanFromAlabam, Apr 28, 2024.

1. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    Prayers going your way Dawg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    Here’s to hoping a transplant comes soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatrfanzz

gatrfanzz GC Legend

Father, thank you for the ability to lift up our friend and brother. He needs your healing touch in his spirit and his body. thank you for bringing us together around him to lift him up to you. Let him know he is loved and that You are his Father. In the name of Jesus.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    Praying for you DawgFan. My cancer journey was a cake walk compared to yours.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    What a road! You are tough, no doubt! Prayers to you and hope for healing!

I had a friend go through that and he anchored his care in Miami Jackson Memorial because the formula they use would have been a bad result in our town. He would always be number 4 in line or something like that. He got one really quick. Prayers!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    I'm sorry to hear. Hope the best for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. thenazz

thenazz Senior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    All the best from a (former) hep c guy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    DawgFan, I thought of you a couple weeks ago and wondered how you were doing. Although we hate what you had to write, we thank you for the update. We are all praying and pulling for you.

I would like to pass on to you what Paul wrote to the Colossians:

Colossians 1:9–14 (ESV): And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. 13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

God bless you in this heroic fight!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. njgator

njgator GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    God is greater than any problem we will ever have. That statement brings me great comfort. As human beings we can come up with some bodacious problems. But the Lord God, who made the heavens and all the stars and galaxies, loves us all individually. He wants us to come to him with our problems. That’s why faith is so powerful. It comes directly from God. It can and it will heal those who call on the Holy and Heavenly name of the Lord. Amen

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. eastcoastgator

eastcoastgator Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Miami, Fl.
    We all wish you nothing but the best and may you live long and prosper (even for a Dawg) ;)

Have you considered alternative medicines until you receive your transplant to help with pain and weight loss.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hello DFA - Regret to hear your struggle is so severe.
    Wishes for relief and recovery.

Hang in there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Praying for you Dawg. May the Lord send you His angels to guide, strengthen and protect you--and God willing...to fix you.

(...and--I hope this doesn't come off wrong, but--props for the succinct and extraordinarily efficient summary. Most similar accounts come in novel length (hard to read) journal style with excruciating detail. fwiw).

Godspeed on your continued journey...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Pulling for you Dawg! Best wishes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Your words of encouragement have meant the world to me, some bringing me to tears at the depth of your humanity. I humbly thank you.

I forget a symptom. Sometimes uncontrollable itching on the abdomen and left back Doc says they’re from bile salts. Benn going on last 5 months.

However, I was able to get my y90 internal radiation last Thursday. Weakness and nausea is lessening this week. Here’s a pic of the t-shirt of “Radioactive Man” from “The Simpsons” my younger son bought me back in 2022. I think the treatment is going well.

Untitled-3.jpeg

• Like x 12
    • Funny x 4
    • Friendly x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  15. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Still praying four you and your family. Keep up the good fight. Glad the treatment is going well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Get better, bud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Keep in the good fight!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2016
    Thanks for the update Dawg. Glad to hear about the new treatment, hope it continues to go well. Still in our thoughts and prayers, hang in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    God Bless you, Dawgfan. Your mental strength in all of this has been quite extraordinary. Thanks for touching the lives of so many with your truth. We are not without empathy.

Once again, your strength offers us a glimpse of your personal resolve and invites us to be grateful for what we have in our lives. That also has us pulling even harder for you.

A big Gator hug to a Dawg. May the doctors skill and Gods love align and make miracles happen.

Fight on...we'll be cheering.

Go Gators.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. plantado

plantado Junior

Dec 28, 2023
    A year ago, my cousin’s 75 year old wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that metastasized to her liver. Stage 4 at diagnosis. She went on chemo and a scan in December showed no cancer. A repeat scan in April showed no cancer. Doctors say there is something in her blood (spike protein?) that will trigger recurrence if she goes off chemo. Now down to once a month treatment.

Jim Valvano said to never give up. It will not be a picnic but there are more and more new treatments coming forth each day. I pray that God will give you the strength to preserve, will give your doctors the wisdom to try new treatment plans and will give you healing.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1