Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alijah Martin story …

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by chris_harry, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:59 AM.

1. chris_harry

chris_harry VIP Member

Oct 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Great story on a great athlete. Alijah high school resume, great in all three major sports and a top track star. Bringing his experience from FAU and him being tough as nails, “dog in him” has us excited to watch him bring toughness to a sorely lacking team. We have had some great players every year, Pullen comes to mind, but to be a dog you hate, I mean hate to lose. As a die hard Gator basketball fan, Every game I want to win. No let downs on weaker teams and a fighter who delivers on tough teams. Welcome Alijah with open arms!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

Great article! Is it Basketball Season yet?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Yep. Basketball can turn on a dime. You might play hard for 4/5ths of the game against a lesser opponent, and then take your foot off the gas. Next thing you know, it's tied up and you're fighting to regain momentum. The great teams of Gator lore never took their foot off the gas. They'd beat you down, and then beat you down some more until you cried.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    "On game day, you have to kill the person in front of you and do whatever it takes — within the rules — to win"

THIS is what we've been lacking (don't get me started on the football team) on defense. Can't wait to see him and our new look D in action

Also, 5.5 rebounds per game as a 2 guard is pretty incredible

p.s my favorite line on his time as a dual-threat QB, "I could throw it over you, but also juke you or run your ass over." Gotta love that swag.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2024 at 3:37 PM
  6. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    He seems like a smaller version of Anthony Edwards; same type of athleticism , same swag, same no nonsense mentality.

7. GatorRider

GatorRider GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Great article. May he being out the “dog” in his teammates.

8. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Great article! Thanks. My favorite part:

"He's going to raise the level of defense for everybody," UF assistant coach and director of player development Taurean Green said. "Starting with that guy, right there!"

Green was pointing at Walter Clayton Jr.,

9. chris_harry

chris_harry VIP Member

Oct 24, 2023
    Alijah likens to think he plays like Damien Lilliard or Donovan Mitchell. He is a confident (and accomplished) player.