Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mississippi Christian church leader arrested for child molestation & unnatural intercourse

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, May 5, 2023.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
  2. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Not sure who or what BEKS is or how that person is as a source, but here is the link to the Kaimen Center which he founded and runs at the Church. There is no reference to Christian at all: not saying your source it not true, I am just not finding where that is coming from.

Kaimen Center - Our Staff

Further, here is the link to Church Leaders and Elders at the church where the Kaimen Center operates. I do not see Daniel Harris.

About | Olive Branch church of Christ ~ Olive Branch MS USA ~ Keywords: Mississippi Memphis Christian Sermon Podcast iTunes

I see no evidence that he runs a "Christian Charity" (also, website refers to clients, so I assume that this is for-profit business and not a chartiy for children with develomental challenges) and I see no connection to the church.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but details matter. And so far, from multiple actual media sources, Kaimen Center website and the Olive Branch Church of Christ website (all much closer sources of information than a random tweet in my opinion) I see no evidence an the claims from the tweet.

Not that it matters, a perv is a perv is proven guilty, but in society that moves on "tweets", more than ever facts and details need to matter. Further, all my "facts" may still be incorrect, but I need to see proof, not internet innuendo from the "liar-verse", ie Twitter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Thats called justifying. Lowbrow posts should not exist, but call her our in the present, dont let it pass because of what someone else posted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tilly

Keep posting that way and see how long you get to post here. I will leave it at that.

My house? What the crap does that mean? I mean could you dig yourself any deeper.

I was raised by a minister.
    Jesus refered to himself as the sacrificial Lamb of God.
    The thread is pointless as in we cant start a thread about every bad anomaly.

The topic is tragic and evil and I hope the guy pays the full legal price.

Your words are deeply insulting. Deeply insensitive. Deeply intolerant (and I will say a word I generally refrain from), but deeply bigoted. Your ice is very thin.

You deleted it because even your own side ripped you for it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  5. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    Not that it really matters, but his Facebook is still up. He is a Christian (or at least claims to be), and his page says he "works at" the church.

6. tilly

Which is why tagging the organization as the problem is a terrible strategy.

Evil men use good places as a cover. A lion doesnt stand in an open field and hope an antelope bumps into it. He lies in the shadows and pounces when it is least expected. These guys are evil lions preying on the weakest. They do it under the most convenient of cover.

It isnt the bushes fault the lion hides in it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    No issue with 92's post. Piqued my interest too. Just an unusual choice of words given the range of activities that fall under the umbrella of sodomy statutes.

Wish there was a way for schools and religious organizations to screen out people with that kind of sexual proclivity. How 'bout it science!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    And personally I think you've been brainwashed to ignore even the most blatant instances of racism. After all, you're the same guy who fought tooth and nail to convince people that Ahmaud Arbery's death at the hands of 3 racist white men wasn't racially motivated. Remember that? Then when it turns out the death was in fact racially motivated, you didn't return to the thread. LOL. Yeah you should be the last person to talk about anything related to racism.

And I'll wholeheartedly pass on your request, thanks though.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I would, but the post is now deleted. Oops!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was posting not for the original tweet but for the response which has him on tape making the self-proclamation of his faith and at least apparent leadership. Of course his role there may have already been scrubbed the website but I don't know that.

And ultimately it doesn't matter as to whether he had an official leadership position. He was put in a position of trust by leaders there. That much is indisputable. That seems unlikely without some claim to like ideology, but that's more Occam's Razor than definitive. Coincidentally, the Principle of Parsimony we know as the Razor came from a Dominican priest.

Unless we want to return to the era of pre Great Schism and pre-Reformation, no one can define who is and is not a Christian as a matter of legal identification. I usually use the term "self-proclaimed".

As for Beks I rely on the thread as an aggregator, not as interpreter. Whoever that is gathered a lot of links but I don't necessarily depend upon them for their interpretation of what they mean or even for the integrity of the data set as a reflection of anything larger to the point f statistical significance.

I still think the primary importance of these stories is just the fact that claims that any individual of nonconforming sexual identity must be forcibly persecuted in the name of protecting children from sex crimes is wrong. The limited data, such as it is is, seems to actually contradict that correlation.

And again, acknowledging the limited evidence, I am not trying to show that Christian leaders are more predisposed to sex crimes against children. Not at all. I am trying to say, without definitive proof but I think it's well supported, is that the claim that nonconforming gender roles not in accordance with traditional fundamentalist tenets must be suppressed in the name of protecting children from sex crimes, is a shameful moral panic. The victims are those being persecuted, without children being protected.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I suspect the point is it’s basically 100% “Christian’s” casting aspersions about, even harassing and diminishing the rights of trans folks (and LBGTQ folks in general). Silly stuff gets them worked up like other parents sending their own kids to drag queen story hour. In my world, if you don’t like something. Don’t do it. Don’t buy it. Hell, even organize a boycott against it. What you don’t get to do is make those decisions for others.

They do all this under the guise of “protecting children”, same way comet pizza guy thought he was saving children. In the ends its deranged delusions of grandeur. The reality is these concerned “Christians” moving from preaching to harassing, should keep just as much of an eye on what their pastor, priest, or scout leader is doing with their children. The Bible warns of false prophets: beware the wolf in sheep’s clothing.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Trans threads are the new “black crime” threads. Liberals used to post “white crime” in response to demonstrate the racist based thought in black crime threads. Id guess as long as trans threads keep popping up I assume we will see threads like this demonstrating the bigoted nature of posters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    Great summation. I think it really boils down to people lashing out because they see what is done and said to things they hold dearly, just like religion is held dearly by you and others. But no one should stoop so low ever.

It's hard for me to watch posters attack trans people because I know them, and I usually stay out of it verbally, but you can see some posters just don't care and they just keep going. You give facts that pertain just to the topic and the same old people use it as a joke and they get triggered when you call them out for their own words.

It's a two way street and things are getting muddied by those throwing bombs and not caring that they hurt the other person's beliefs. As obvious on this thread and others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    That's just creepy af.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Well put.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    It’s a good point most of the people I hear from in the news that purport to be Christian’s clearly aren’t from my understanding of the term. But if you hang around churches it’s fair to assume you identify as one. As a long time atheist I only have occasion to go to church for weddings and the occasional Easter service or midnight mass. I don’t mind it because Catholic mass in the right church is a strangely pleasant experience and I’m going with the girlfriend or someone I care about. Otherwise I stay far away lest in burn to a crisp.

17. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Why does the law have to make such bizarre distinctions between different types of sexual assault on children? "Unnatural Intercourse" strikes me as very tame for such a horrific act. I guess they're too prude to use "Sodomy," which isn't really accurate.

Funny story about that. A friend of mine back in art school got a call from her husband in the middle of the night asking her to bail him out of jail for a DUI. She got to the station and offered the usual bail for DUI and then the clerk said the bail was much higher because it it wasn't just a DUI. He was arrested for driving on the side of the road, driving without headlights, driving under the influence and sodomy. I'm thinking that's some impressive multi-tasking but it turned out he was driving drunk while a women was servicing him orally. Fair warning to anyone who was considering such an adventure, in Atlanta anyway.

18. mrhansduck

Nov 23, 2021
    I really doubt there is any correlation between religious affiliation or party affiliation and the sexual abuse children. I do think the statistics indicate that the typical predator is a family a member, friend, or someone in a position of trust who's known to the child. Similar to violent crime, generally, people often focus on fears about strangers when the threat is more often hiding in plain sight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Name doesn't ring a bell, but IIRC, that was case where kid was in neighborhood, chased by neighborhood residents and shot, after he made a move at the guy that shot him. My take was a straight legal analysis based on the movement at the shooter, not racially motivated.

I bail on a lot of threads.

Usually means im bored with the topic, the thread, or just more compelling things get my attention.

By your logic here, I guess i can conclude that you got squat to back up your hollow racism claim?

Not that it's needed.

My logic (as laid out in the post you replied to) gets me to the same point--ie--that you're FOS.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  20. tilly

Yeah. She deleted it because it was a crap post.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1