Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Migrants Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatoragman, Feb 5, 2024.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This poster is in
    Yes, the Wall in Israel works very well. Unfortunately when terrorists use things like below, a wall won't help. Don't think a lot of migrants have access to these. If they do, let me know and we will discuss that then.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Hmmm, so the wall works very well but won't help when people try to defeat it? BTW what does "like below" mean? Tunnels? Because, it turns out, building tunnels is a marketable skill in Mexico, in which they can sell access either directly or indirectly to migrants. The primary thing restricting its value as a service? The ability to apply for asylum in the US.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  3. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Whenever I am in the mood to be scolded, I can count on GatorChamps to come along.

4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Walls work well unless you are dealing with the military or terrorists. They usually have more money than, say a typical migrant. If you can't understand that then I suggest you do a little research on how much money the typical migrant has when coming to the US.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So then why did you keep citing the success of the Israeli wall in stopping terrorists as evidence that a wall would stop migrants?

Sure, let me know how much money they have.

6. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Seems to me that the inability of Mexico to provide for huge numbers of migrants at our southern border would put pressure on them to stop migrants on the southern border of Mexico would it not. Would slow down some of the migration from C and S America

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    The border and our policies have been bat shat crazy for 50 years that I know of. Biden, Trump, Bush, Nixon, all a shat show. We cannot take every person in poverty because their Govt sucks. which is what it has become.
    The word has been out, use our system of laws against us. The system is broken and is a joke.
    Thankfully, Latino organized crime isn’t very violent.
    If only congress, any congress, could have done something;(. (After 911, everything was shut down. Drug prices were soaring, crops were rotting… damn border was shut. Folks complained.)
    Guest worker,
    You don’t come in unless verified, printed and dna,
    You await asylum hearing outside of the country,
    You need a skill
    No more bringing in the fam (unless you are a German scientist or can cut chicken)

The hypocrisy of politics.

I did see the SF Mayor wants to drug test welfare recipients. Just getting a jump on the next thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ladder tech has reached the Middle East. Here's how effective the Israeli wall was at keeping out day labor migrants before the Oct 7 attack.

[​IMG]

9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I posted the decrease in attacks and Israelis killed in other threads. Go look it up. The migrants according to the lefties on here have no money and just want jobs and a better life. Doesn’t sound like they can afford tanks, airplanes or heavy guns. I guess maybe don’t make a stupid comparison next time, but we both know you will continue to make those in the future…

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks for proving my point. A wall stops most people. Congrats. Should I post all the times banks have been robbed even though they have security and safes? Does that mean we don’t need security and safes now? Some people continue to make stupid arguments and it’s quite comical to think they might actually believe the BS they are writing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You were the one that compared migrants to terrorists when stating that the wall "worked." Now you are mad that I am using your comparison?

Did Hamas bypass the wall with tanks, airplanes, or heavy guns?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Where are the people that the wall stopped in that picture? Seems like they are waiting in line to use a ladder.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I’m just laughing at you comparing a terrorist organization that is very well funded to migrants. That's on you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

They can’t just walk thru. They have to wait. Hence why just a wall isn’t good enough. We need automatic guns that shoot anyone who tries to climb over the wall(see, 2 can play the stupid gotcha game). We need a wall along with using AI, video cameras, and personnel to ensure our border is safe. Otherwise you will deal with 300k a month coming over our border.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    But see, that is what you did when you used terrorist bombings as a DV in an analysis on the effectiveness of a wall. So it would be more fair to say that you are laughing at yourself. You are just mad that I brought up what you did.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well, having to wait a couple of minutes certainly changes the entire equation. I'm sure that a migrant who just made it from South or Central America is going to leave due to a short wait. Also, there is only one ladder in northern Mexico, so everybody would have to wait for the ladder.

We already have video cameras and thousands of personnel. And what is it that you want AI to do?

17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Besides the ladder, there's this also newfangled, inexpensive invention called the saw! Can't wait minutes to climb the wall? Just let someone cut a hole, and viola, easy access! Just look at the seconds these people need to wait to get through. Makes all the difference in the world! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Swing and a miss! Good try Skippy.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So this wasn't you on October 6 comparing the effectiveness of that Israeli wall at stopping terrorist attacks to a wall to stop migrants? I wonder what happened to change your tune. I mean, it did take almost 24 hours...

Rough one.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This proves my point even more and makes you look somehow even more obtuse. So for 6 years before the wall was built there was 1,622 people killed and then from 2007 until 2022(when article was written) killings stopped by a factor of 11 after the wall was completed. I'm sure that was just a coincidence...

Can't fix stupid. It always makes my day when I get to show everyone how incredibly ignorant your posts are. I actually don't have to do anything, you provide all the fodder. Good job.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1