Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Michigan, Washington, Texas, Alabama are IN! (CFP selections)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by oneatatime, Dec 2, 2023.

1. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    As long as Georgia is frozen out and complaining. That’s the critical thing. SWAC would be an easy play-in game for the #1 seed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    from ESPN:

College Football Playoff
    CFP National Championship presented by AT&T
    NRG Stadium (Houston)
    Monday, Jan. 8, 7:30 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Michigan vs. Washington
    Schlabach: Alabama vs. Texas

CFP Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game presented by Prudential
    Rose Bowl (Pasadena, California)
    Monday, Jan. 1, 5 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Texas vs. Michigan
    Schlabach: Alabama vs. Michigan

CFP Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl
    Caesars Superdome (New Orleans)
    Monday, Jan. 1, 8:45 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Florida State vs. Washington
    Schlabach: Texas vs. Washington

3. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Something else to consider. Fans view their conference as the best or the SEC/Big10 as superior to the other 3.
    The committee doesn't think like that, to them, all P5 conferences are equal. It's why TCU got in over an obviously better Bama team last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

I just love the chaos of it all.

To me, I'd go with UM, UW, Alabama, Texas but it's just one take. That's the fun of it all - someone is going to be mad at the end.
    I may be biased in not wanting FSU in, though, I can't lie...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. canagator

canagator Senior

Jan 1, 2020
    Stoney Creek Ontario
    As much as I want to see the mutts miss out and as much as I really don't like Kirby I can't disagree with much of what he is saying! I didn't realize how weak Michigan's schedule was and consider the Big 10 always over rated so my 4 best teams in no particular order are Washington, Bama, Dawgs and Texas, I just don't see 2 SEC teams being picked and Michigan being left out!

6. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    What time is the selection show?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    When the little 4 team playoff was put together it was billed as matching up the 4 best teams. The committee was arraigned so they could use the eye test and not be stuck with a stupid poll. The undefeated measuring metric is one of the weakest criteria’s ever used. Several years ago said committee started parroting the ridiculous term “most deserving”. It goes completely against the “best”.

Put your gump hate aside. They won all 9 SEC games they played including the championship game in beating the consensus BEST team and snapped their 29 game winning streak. Their only loss is against another conference champ who will be in the little playoff. Alabama would crush the clowns, so would UGA. The ACC is a complete joke! Mighty UK beat their runner up last weekend. It’s outrageous the SEC champ won’t be in their little playoff, but all the other P5 conference champs will. smh

College Football Playoff expert picks: Will Texas be No. 3? Should Alabama get in over Florida State?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    It will be the three undefeated teams and Bama or Texas. Most likely Bama. This insures no rematches.

Which means the Holes are in. Yuck.

9. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder would have to be on the committee for the Noles to get in. That game was a clown show

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I like your lineup. What would even make it better is FSU facing a pizzed off Georgia in the Orange Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    Lets not forget Championship game in Texas...Longhorns will bring big $$$. Bama SEC champ...When you boil it down the NCAA is about generating revenue. The choice willo come down to who brings more money in to that game...the Longhorns in Texas or a bunch of fart sniffer low brow redneck troglodytes from the panhandle or Texas playing in Texas. Plus who wants to watch a team like the one who made everyone fall asleep last night.

12. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    This looks like what it should be.
    Georgia and Bama both get(buy) the best players available, and they both lost to Texas in my mind.
    FSU will have to prove they belong.

13. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    This is the way

14. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    If an undefeated schedule was so important my vote would be for the undefeated Liberty Flames. More impressive wins and comparable SOS. Head to head right now Liberty beats FSU by 10.

15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If that were ever to be true,
    Texas
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Washington

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    no way in hell if they’re trying to pick the four best teams. Without Travis, they have no chance of being a top 10 team

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    They will go to a premier bowl. Half their defense will opt out. They will get humiliated. Even better, they will convince themselves it just proves they got screwed.

18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    it was early in the year when Texas beat Alabama and Milroe has come along way. At this point, I think Alabama would beat Texas, but that’s just my opinion and they need to decide that on the field. I think they really need to take Texas and Alabama. FSU is just a waste of space because they cannot beat anybody in this playoff without Travis.

19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They will play Georgia in the sugar bowl, and I think they will try to win that game. If they win they do have a legitimate argument as Georgia is probably the second best team in the country. Hell, if they let Georgia in Georgia might win the whole thing too.