Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Miami Heat in NBA finals again

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by gtr2x, May 30, 2023.

1. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    Go Nuggets!

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    My buddy that’s a nuggets. Fan was a little salty about the referees in the fourth quarter.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Have to laugh at any Denver fan who is salty about the refs. Game 1, Denver was whistled for 8 total fouls and Miami took a total of 2 free throws all game versus 20 for Denver! Game 2 was a poorly refereed game, but it looked consistently bad for both teams. And the FTs were 20 for Miami, and 22 for Denver.

Herro and Robinson are similar players. Spo should go with whomever has the hot hand. Neither should start in my opinion, at least for game 3.

Jokic is a marvel, but I think Spo's strategy is going to let him get his points, but try to limit his assists. Play him straight up and not double. When the Joker gets the team involved, Denver is unbeatable, as Jokic is going to get his points regardless. Probably better to let Jokic get 40 and limit his assists to under 5 versus a Joker triple double where Jokic gets 30+ with 10+ rebounds.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I agree with everything except Herro and Robinson being similar players. I don’t see that at all. Herro is so good in the half court because he can create his own shot. Robinson is one dimensional, until these playoffs where he learned to cut to the basket. But he can’t create his own shot, he needs picks and switches to get the ball. Robinson’s shot is far more streakier, as well.

Herro is a liability when he tries to play the point, particularly against the press. Neither is a great defender (although Robinson works really hard and is improving)

5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Denver should get way more free throws. It’s just the way it is, Miami will be at tgat disadvantage.

6. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Why? Denver may be the better team on paper but why should they automatically get WAY more free throws?

At least you are consistent. It seems any time Miami wins, you have an excuse.....injuries, bad officiating, etc. Funny stuff.

BTW, Im guessing your friend was very happy in game 1 when Denver shot 20 freebies and the Heat shot 2.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Meh

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    That’s like UF playing Alabama and UF getting called for 20 penalties and Bama called for 2, and someone saying “Bama should get penalized less, it’s just the way it is” LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I guess if you watch the games, you could see that Miami is getting beat up and they’re having a foul to keep easy baskets away. Denver doesn’t need to foul as much as Miami does.

10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I don’t care who wins. I’m of the opinion Denver is just a way better team. Denver is much bigger and eats them on the inside. That’s the reason I think the fouls will go Denver’s way if it’s officiated fairly. Denver can defend more cleanly than Miami can is all. I’d be happy for either team to win. It’ll be new championship blood either way. I just don’t have much confidence in Miami being a championship caliber team. No colored glasses here as I don’t have a gator in the fight.

11. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Jimmy Butler is probably the most physical player on either team who makes a living putting his head down and taking it to the rim. Any time a team shoots 2 free throws in a 48-minute game it will cause folks to raise an eyebrow, whether it’s the Finals or regular season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Jimmy Butler is a great player but Denver is very big inside and plays defense well around the rim. Denver is more like having Shaquille O’Neal on your team and having to give a bunch of files to keep him from scoring 50 every night. Bam and crew have their hands full.

14. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    I honestly haven't watched an NBA game since the league got in bed with China, they started putting BLM slogans on the courts and on their jerseys, LeBron James got all political and started acting like he was some kind of PhD expert on American History and the league, in general, went totally woke. I used to be a huge fan, but can't in good conscience watch it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Jokic is a great player, and with his size plus ability to move like a guard, even though he's 7', he should shoot the most FTs in this series. Especially given how much the Denver offense runs through him. Gordon is another player who is very active, and usually around the rim. He should get his fair share too. But an NBA team shooting just 2 FTs over 48 minutes, and a team being called for a total of 8 fouls? Just very hard to swallow.

I thought game two was officiated very poorly, but it was consistent for both teams. I think Denver started whining because in the first game, they got away with almost anything and everything. Things started to get called more evenly after Spo said something, and the whistles against Denver finally started to happen. And in the end, Denver only shot 2 more FTs than Miami in game 2.

And great Haslem pic. Can anyone name the two Arizona players in the picture? Had to be the game at MSG in 2001. 2001/02 was the only year those two played together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That stuff aggravates me too because I just want to watch sports. I try my best to just ignore it and watch anyway, but I definitely don’t watch as much as I used to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    With the Heat getting the split, game 3 is gonna be a dog-fight. I know the media is pumping Hero getting back, but Miami just keeps finding ways to win without him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Spo made adjustments (benching Martin and starting Love, and having Butler guard Murray) after Game 1, now we’ll see what adjustments Mike Malone makes after Game 2. That’s my favorite part of sports, is seeing the chess match that goes on between coaches as they adjust to each other’s strategies.

Herro won’t be ready to go for Game 3, if the series goes to 6 or 7 then we might see him

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Good job! You got the THFSG guy fired up. That place is an open sewer and I hate when it seeps over into the sports forums.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    I've got you beat-I haven't watched it since Hal Greer was playing for the 76ers. LOL.

• Friendly Friendly x 1