Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mel Tucker - Michigan St. (fired)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, Sep 10, 2023.

1. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Firing her is the reason why it escalated to this unfortunately.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Understood but he should have pulled that trigger the second she started fishing in his pond.

3. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Rule #1: Never get tangled up with a crazy woman or one that claims to be a “activist”.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Sadly 62 you are about 27 years too late with that advice for me...........

• Funny Funny x 10
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Guess he was busy pulling on something else

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I wonder how his Wife feels about all this. I haven't seen anyone really mention her. Is just about him losing all that money. He seems to tiptoe around the word affair when he described it as a adult. Consensual relationship he entered into.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Great point.

I suspect he will ultimately lose his job and write the "victim" a check. May lose his marriage too.

Hard consequences for a man at the top of his profession. I should stop making posts about it because I certainly am uninformed and have no inside information.

I'm just reeling from the fact that he would come anywhere near a thousand miles of this woman considering she is a rape victim and a councilor against sexual abuse.

If he gets fired she definately should too if she was part of a "consensual" sexual thing with the head coach.

I bet the trial gets pretty weird. Who was the initiator of this train wreck?

This may be as entertaining as Amber and Johnny.

8. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Did anyone look up her back story? I did.

She said she was gang raped by four football players in 1998 but apparently no charges were ever filed. Even with the prosecution supposedly having statements from the players saying they all had sex. (he said, she said) She only came out publicly about it in 2014.

She went on to make a career out of being an activist.

more of her side of her gang raped story.

Restore Justice Brenda Tracy

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    This will never make it to trial. He and the university will settle. I know nothing about this women or this situation. The coach is an idiot though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    According to this article…

Regardless of the “He-said, She-said,”Tucker’s wife Jo-Ellyn stood firm and supported him throughout this ordeal.

Is Mel Tucker Married? Looking At Wife Jo-Ellyn Tucker And Victim Brenda Tracy's Accusations

11. Brodeur

Brodeur GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    What's reported in the USA Today article doesn't support this, and that's one place where Clay Travis loses me somewhat. Ms. Tracy has contemporaneous accounts from third party witnesses (therapist, attorney, and assistant) that the phone call made her uncomfortable at the time. There appears to be artifacts that confirm this.

To be fair, I share many of Clay's major questions (why didn't she hang up? why did both sides delete their text messages? why did an activist who preaches reporting sexual assault decide not to report this for several months and only after the business relationship soured?) Each side has their version of events, and I think reality is somewhere in between. I think its clear both sides are hiding something when they deleted all of their text messages. I have enough doubt that personally I'd side on not firing Tucker out if pure uncertainty unless there's more in the report/investigation than what's in the USA Today article. But Clay selectively ignores pieces of evidence so he can fall entirely on Mel Tucker's side, while claiming his opinion is the only one based on "all the evidence". It's a little disingenuous IMO, but that doesn't negate all of his points.

For example, we should question the motives of Ms. Tracy putting the story out now. The report from the investigation was completed in July. If she comes out with this story in August and Tucker is suspended then, the program can pull a Northwestern and reorganize their coaching staff before the season kicks off. She could have simply waited one more month for the hearing to take place without additional interference/pressure and then tell her story publicly. Instead she times it to come out right before MSU's first real game after 2 relative warmups. It appears designed to inflict maximum disruption to the team/program. And why? Outside of what she alleges Tucker did, who else in the program did anything to her to warrant that kind of vindictiveness?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
  14. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Clay Travis is a blowhard whose opinions should not be taken seriously. Guy cries about how trash the media is when he’s a trash member of the media himself.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yeah he strikes me as a bit of a blowhard and repeats himself too much, but he’s right that Mel Tucker is getting railroaded, and it’s shameful that nobody else in the big time media has the courage to say it

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Ever since his mean-spirited, malicious, disgusting if not evil attack on Greg Schiano, because he wanted a “better” coach to head Tennessee, where he cost Schiano not only his job but a terrible mark in his reputation— all based in lies and innuendos — the word of Clay Travis stands no higher than the bottom of the trash bin in my book.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    As I said way above, I am highly skeptical of the charges against Tucker, particularly given the timing of it all. I just am incapable of agreeing with anything Travis has to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt VIP Member

Apr 11, 2007
    LA Metro area
    This ain't a restaurant gig with a bunch of horny 18-25 year olds. By this time in his life he should know to never get tangled up with anyone you work with, period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Easy to say till it happens to you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1