Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Matt Gaetz has so much respect for women

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Jul 23, 2022.

1. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I did not call you ignorant. I posted your blustering was ignorant. You are however, an irritant, imo. Deliberately so, I think.
    Thanks for the opportunity to make my own point.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I won’t say what I think about you, not because you’re a moderator….because I don’t need to tear you down to make me feel better.
    It’s too bad you don’t appreciate my contributions to the board.
    I think I can live with it though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    One is accusing people of criminal behavior, it is also libel per se.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Groomers are PIGS!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Correct. It is not a violation of board rules. Just like it's not a violation of board rules for you to accuse other posters of being Marxists who want to indoctrinate children and engage in race essentialism. You baselessly accusing other posters of being pedophiles crosses the line in a major way. Grow up.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  6. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    What’d I miss :ninja2:

7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    6th grade debate class, apparantly.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Link to someone actually saying this to you? Or are you self-identifying when you take up these arguments in defense of bad laws? Likewise, I’m sure if someone actually directly insulted you or crossed the line to directly calling you a racist at some point, there is a “report” button on this forum. A mod could clean that up. I didn’t “report” your post btw, but I guess a mod saw it as being too ridiculous to let stand.

There is certainly a lot of hateful and bigoted rhetoric in the GOP. Look at that nut calling for the “eradication” of transexuals. There is no universe where that isn’t bigoted, the only debate is to whether it might actually be intended as genocidal. Throwing around “groomers” to describe all of these people has similar intent. Sorry, but on stuff like that there is no middle ground. To defend it, is taking the evil side. If you engage in semantics arguments on such matters as race equality or sex equality or you want to try and label people who stand on the side of equality as “groomers”, at best all you are doing is engaging in juvenile level debate tactics for no reason. At worst it indicates you do actually stand with bigotry and big govt tyranny against these people. I would argue then, it’s not so much an insult to point out bigotry as it is an observation to point out that you, so-called conservative, are defending it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Gaetz can get away with acting like an asshat, only because he is in one the most bulletproof congressional districts in Florida, perhaps in the country. Even with the probe and such he still won like 67% of the vote this past November. Being young and being linked to Trump, he could post fat jokes every day on Twitter from now until November 2024 and still win that district in a landslide. It’s unfortunate the power goes to his head to this degree and the GOP should demand better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Huge leap here. You are presumptuously naming and electing yourself the bigotry and racism police.
    This is where your argument fails miserably.
    You and most libbies on this board have no room to call yourself objective. The history of your posts betrays you. I’m sure you feel superior to most cons, because your are a decent debater. But a good debater is only good at parsing words and at best playing with logic.
    You don’t get to name yourself social justice sheriff because you like to call people out based on your personal prejudices.
    Spin away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    There is no established police force to address racist and bigots but nonetheless patriotic Americans on this forum have and will continue to point out and ridicule racism bigotry and general nonsense where we see it. You (writ large) just don’t get to post that stuff and not be called out on it.

Sorry! (Not sorry)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    This...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    And bling didn’t respond to me. He hasn’t for some time. So I ignored that ass.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    You are being kind to the Leftists when you say they are good debaters. It''s freaking hard to juggle so many incongruent points of views and lies.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    It’s like saying lawyers are good at debating. No difference, they’re just good at messing with words. They’re not so good at honesty, humility and understanding.
    That’s the trade off I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    They like to reply with logical fallacies... strawman arguments, and then proceed to invent an argument based on their own inventions about what I posted.

It never freaking fails...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    YOU ignore people who don’t reply to you? OK then….
    LOL

20. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Ironic post is ironic.

• Like Like x 1