Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mass exodus at Colorado

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Ahab, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    So they hired a pimp?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    fixed it for ya

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Of course changes would have to be made. But in your business case, do you walk in and fire everybody and start advertising for new people at every position? Of course not. As you said, evaluate talent over a few months and start your turnover based on something more than the fact that they were there

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    College football has been pimping student athletes for decades, people should be used to it by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    At all universities? I wasn't talking about UF.

I mean if a students grades are excellent, they've done everything they've been asked to do, for all accounts and purposes has been an exemplary teammate but now gets dumped because the New coach just doesn't like him amd thinks little of him. If we gonna do that then they should just go ahead and deem the players "Employees" and don't tie their Academic scholarships to playing a game for money. Education at the root of this is still the most important thing these kids, majority of them anyway, still need to survive after sports.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  6. easycoastgator

easycoastgator GC Legend

Dec 26, 2018
    I’m pretty sure he did evaluate the existing talent over a few months.
    I took his intro speech to the team as “hey, we’re evaluating everybody over spring and if you don’t make the cut then we may have to part ways.” He obv worded it differently lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    Anyone who thinks Sanders is a “pretty good dude”, should check out the Deion Sanders Rule. He didn’t think it necessary to actually attend classes, take exams or, in short, be a student at FSU to play football there. Of course his head coach was as ethically bankrupt as he is so at least he had his blessing.
    I believe Sanders has an NFL rule named after him too. Something about a shady, (of course) deal with the Cowboys.
    Of course the media today overlooks immoral, unethical behavior. All about glitter and shine so people like Sanders get their full coverage and support. His indiscretions remain buried under the rug.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Eh if the worst thing someone has done in their 50+ years on Earth is not attend classes and take exams as a college senior, I’d say he’s not that terrible of a person. Especially considering there are plenty of active college head coaches who have done much worse yet for some reason don’t get the same hatred and vitriol Deion does.

9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The media are morally bankrupt

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. 2oldgator

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    You have a very distorted view of reality, in my opinion of course.
    I would actually be amused at Dions antics if it weren’t for his position as head football coach in charge of many young men. I dislike the thought of his self aggrandizing egotism rubbing off.
    I don’t hate him. I don’t respect him either.
    I don’t hold not attending class or being an absentee student against him either. What I absolutely dislike is representing yourself as a student athlete while fulfilling only half of that description. As I said, his coach at the time was complicit there, but two wrongs don’t make a right. Just as some other people in the coaching community being guilty of indiscretions doesn’t make him an “alright dude”, Dude.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    I’m still trying to figure out exactly what’s so criminal about this guy outside of him skipping class 30 years ago. Shame on him and his coach, I guess.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Deion is a good guy and demands a lot out of his players. You’re judging him for not going to class over 30+ years ago?? Something athletes and regular students all over the country do? Smh.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe the question is how can Deon get on any of his players for any academic issues ?
    Oh wait, nobody cares about that little facet of college football anymore. So screw the 95% of college football players who never make the pros. So no classes, no degree, no dinero. Not criminal, but not ethical by any measure.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  14. 2oldgator

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I reiterate what my last post stated, Tito: I don’t hold not going to class against him. Not being an FSU student but, representing yourself as such is another matter.
    The NCAA rule requiring members of athletic teams at various colleges/universities to attend class is commonly called the Deion Sanders Rule. He also has a rule named after him in the NFL and it too has to do with unethical conduct.
    Most folks Would be embarrassed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 2oldgator

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    When you get it figured out you will feel much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    The media drives college football fans to literally “hate” human beings they’ve never met, so yeah I agree with you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    If I have to rack my brain to figure out why I shouldn’t like someone, chances are they didn’t do anything egregious enough to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Bait

19. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Well damn I wonder what you would think of our players during the Urban years. I heard stories about some prominent players during that time period walking right out of class and never returning.

And just to be clear, I’m not judging a grown man for not being the definition of a student athlete 30+ years ago. If you can’t see who Deion is now, that’s on you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2oldgator

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    First I’ve heard of that, but if that’s the case I think it’s terrible it was allowed. Is there some documentation of this Tito?

• Agree Agree x 1