Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I meant running for President the first time.

And even if we're just talking about the second timeline, Trump running for Presidency in 2024 was about as well of a kept secret as DeSantis running in 2024 (everyone knew).

AND, Trump announced he was running on November 15th, 2022. Smith was appointed as special counsel on November 18th, 2022.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think Trump was given abnormally difficult, indeed perhaps unfair, treatment at the start of his Presidency. But the guy, day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year, took every reasonable step to prove the media correct. His behavior was the most unusual, self-destructive behavior I have ever seen.

But even still, the media didn’t cause Trump repeated them his nose at the law and his responsibilities.

3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    1. None of that has anything to do with the decision to indict.
    2. Trump didn't make the mishandling of classified documents illegal, he just upgraded 18 U.S. Code §1924 from a misdemeanor to a felony.

4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Despite Trump's stupidity, the media was (and is) still incredibly unfair to him. Which is a truly amazing feat.

The pitch against Trump isn't that he's a racist Russian spy. It's that he's an immature temperamental jackass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You seem to be bragging that "the system held" thanks to Pence, despite Trump's efforts to sabotage it and seize power illegally. So, in your view, Trump gets credit for appointing "his own VP" who thwarted Trump's treason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Part of the calculus in judging Trump's Presidency is based on what he did do rather than what he said he wanted to do.

And plenty of what he did do was dramatically influenced by his own Administration in a good way.

And for the most part, the bad things he wanted to do were reigned back by his own Administration as well.

All of that is good. Not good for Trump, personally, but good for his Administration.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007

Odd take, Trump never would have had the opportunity to commit some of his crimes if he didn’t run and in fact win the Presidency. Never could have raised the PAC $$$. Never extorted the Ukrainian President. Never could have incited an attack on Congress. Never would have had access to these files. Etc.

He would have been what he was, a failed business man living off his minor celebrity status (and Apprentice earnings) and trading on his remaining post-bankruptcy real estate holdings, while doing more small time grift cons like Trump university. Politics for him was like a whole different universe opened up to con and grift.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Absurd. ANY other person, of ANY political persuasion, would have been behind bars by now for doing what Trump has done.

FB_IMG_1686343657822.jpg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, I find the reaction of the righties on this board to the realization their idol really is a criminal as they've been told all along humorous.

I tired of your word salad nonsense above part way through, but I'll issue you the same challenge 715 so consistently utterly fails at: Name the indictable offense by statute number you believe there is sufficient evidence to indict President Biden with. If you can't do it, you're just stomping your feet and holding your breath until you die like a six year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    This is the most recent comp to what Trump did (putting aside all the "the FBI planted the docs", "I declassified them", "I gave them all back when first asked" garbage he has spewed to deflect from actual facts).

Retired Air Force officer sentenced to 3 years for storing classified information at his Florida home | CNN Politics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    C'mon Cat . . . you saw the meme. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Strawman, he's a sitting President.

Also, evidence in Biden's case isn't as damning as the Hillary case, but I would cite the same provision that I cited for Clinton.

You just don't like my answer.

13. magnetofsnatch

magnetofsnatch Rudy Ray Moore’s Idol Premium Member

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    I find your characterization of all righties having Trump as their idol hilarious. Many conservatives on this board, including myself, have espoused on numerous occasions our dislike of Trump. Just because it doesn’t rise to your level of hate and vitriol doesn’t mean we idolize the jackoff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I think the bottom line is Trump was afraid of how bad it would look if he started handing back nuclear secrets and Iran invasion plans ... the type of stuff that never should have left a SCIF or highly secured storage ... so he just wanted to ignore it and pretend he didn't have it, never thought he'd get raided. He didn't want the Hillary treatment of everything being leaked for months as the Feds went through his boxes. That was also hinted at in the indictment, where he asked his lawyers multiple times about ignoring it, saying we don't have anything, it's better for me if we don't give it back, that kind of stuff.

15. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Unfortunately, as time wore on during his term, Trump fired most of the competent people he initially appointed and hired corrupt loyalists in their place. Loyalty to Trump superceded qualifications, experience and competency.

This is what the people who worked for Trump had to say about him after they were gone.

Screenshot_20220803-175852_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220526-160527_Chrome.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
  16. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    So many people here conflating Democrat fantasy crimes for which there is no proof despite the breathless coverage on Fox News with things Trump has been nailed dead to rights for doing.

There is no more reason to believe in any Joe Biden crime than there is that Trump won the 2020 election.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Here's an interesting interview with two lawyers who have both defended other National Security cases in the past. They warn Trump needs to keep his mouth shut, unless he wants to spend the rest of his life in jail. And that yes, Trump is being treated different, because anyone else accused of what Trump did would have been arrested, locked away, and spending time in solitary.

The most interesting Q/A revolves around the necessity to indict in this case:

Can you imagine a situation with all of the facts laid out in this indictment but where they would not indict?

Durkin: No.

Ferguson: That’s why we both say that in fundamental respects, this isn’t different from other national security cases. These cases work from the premise that this is a fundamental compromising of the interests of the United States. And those are the cases that the government pursues tooth and nail. With so much in the public domain, and with so much of the defendant himself speaking to all of this, it almost puts the government in a position of saying, “Well, OK, if we have to, here we go.”

Durkin: There’s only one reason the government could not bring this case, and that’s fear of violence or an attack on the republic. Once you do that, then you might as well close the Department of Justice and forget about any rule of law.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    DeSantis has already turned himself into such a threat and his polls are tumbling because of it.

His fight with the mouse
    Banning books
    6 week abortion ban
    Turning over the state pension plan to his crony donors
    Promising to eradicate anyone he considers woke as president
    Running for president instead of doing his job

The list is never ending.

• Winner Winner x 4
  19. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I really do think you're are letting the noise affect you, 'Rade.

trump illegally retained, stored and allowed access to national defense information, some at the highest level of classification. He failed to return them upon request, obstructed the investigation and lied to federal investigators. It is undeniable that crimes were committed. If the average Joe is indicted for such actions, it is imperative that a person given a position of trust is also. The principles of fairness, justice, and the rule of law dictate that no one should be immune to prosecution, regardless of their position or influence. The integrity of our legal system demands it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What statutory provision did you cite? If you did, I missed it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1