Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Agree. Don't gloat. Dignity and restraint, that's the ticket. Leave the operatic wailing and lamentations to Trump and his minions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Why are people responding to the trolls/maroons babbling about Hillary? This is about trump and his alleged treason. Period the end

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You’re right that it’s incredibly concerning. And sadly it’s not incredibly shocking from the jackass ego maniac with the mind of a 14-year-old.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    It doesn’t really square with my intuition regarding the guy, but your intuition regarding Trump may be more accurate. I certainly agree that evidence is the key matter, and if they do find any of such an act, I will certainly change my tune.

5. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'll go with the garage where Hunter lived.

6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just give it a rest. They are not being treated differently. Trump was not charged over of the docs he voluntarily handed over, either. It's when they have to raid your house, after you tell your attorney 'not to play ball' with them, that gets you in trouble...

Trump to his attorney ...

a. I don't want anybody looking, I don't want anybody looking through my boxes, I really don't, I don't want you looking through my boxes.
    b. Well what if we, what happens if we just don't respond at all or don't play ball with them?
    c. Wouldn't it be better if we just told them we don't have anything here?

d. Well look isn't it better if there are no documents?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    More MAGA tears.:p

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I'm still a good bit behind in this thread, but after learning some of the specifics about the indictment, I wondered how some would wiggle, jiggle, and squirm their way through a pro-Trump argument. Let us count the ways through the first half of the thread.

To start off, I'll take "Libs lecturing Cubans" for 100 Alex.
    Let's go with "but minorities" for 200.
    And let's go with "But Biden" for 300 Alex, with a smidge of "But Hillary."
    I'll take politicization/teams for 400.
    How about "But the [corrupt] justice system" for 500.
    Please give me incoherent ranting + "well, they did it too" for 600.
    How about "Biden will get his too" for 700 Alex.
    Can I get "But Hillary" + "But the FBI" for 800?
    And let's follow up with straight out "But the FBI" for 900.
    Can I get "But the election" for 1000?
    Finally, I'll take "Well, we would have done it too" for 1100.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    The biggest difference I see is that Trump knowingly took highly sensitive and damaging documents, obstructed the NARA and DOJ from recovering them, and was showing these highly classified documents to the public who could then endanger our country, bragging about how sensitive they were. Then make wild claims that he declassified them, an obvious lie based on his own recording, and further inflame partisanship and possible violence by claiming the DOJ is weaponized against him. That is really rich considering he weaponized the DOJ and treated it like his personal defense department. Pence, Biden and Clinton cooperated with NARA and the DOJ to return documents, without attacking the DOJ for doing their job, and had Trump done the same thing he wouldn't be indicted. It is the intent of Trump for these documents, even at the risk incarceration, that we really don't understand at this point.[/QUOTE]

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Except we didn't. That didn't happen.

Trump didn't lock Hillary up, and Trump didn't indict Biden leading up to the election. And both of those are good things.

11. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    My intuition is that in lieu of intelligence, he has a sort of low cunning. He thinks he's an artist in the machinations and manipulations of business (The Art of the Deal.) And he ever has an eye for the main chance, making a buck. He's insanely insecure about status and his personal fortune, and I think he sees the documents as money in the bank. Why else would he keep the documents? He doesn't seem like the sentimental type.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
  13. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    None of those people, included Trump, were charged with possession of any document they voluntarily returned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Didn't read your entire article, did you? Typical.

"Clinton insists she never sent or received information on her personal email account that was classified at the time. No emails released so far were marked classified, but reviewers previously designated more than 1,000 messages at lower classification levels. Friday’s will be the first at top secret level."

"Even if Clinton didn’t write or forward the messages, she still would have been required to report any classification slippages she recognized in emails she received. But without classification markings, that may have been difficult, especially if the information was publicly available."

“We firmly oppose the complete blocking of the release of these emails,” Clinton campaign spokesman Brain Fallon said. “Since first providing her emails to the State Department more than one year ago, Hillary Clinton has urged that they be made available to the public. We feel no differently today.”

"Fallon accused the “loudest and leakiest participants” in a process of bureaucratic infighting for withholding the exchanges. The documents, he said, originated in the State Department’s unclassified system before they ever reached Clinton, and “in at least one case, the emails appear to involve information from a published news article.”

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    If that evidence did exist it would not come out. Where discussing 37 docs the govt referenced. There’s obviously plenty they didn’t bother with but it would be reasonable to asssume that they’re a more than one or many that are worse than what’s been disclosed. Similarly if there is evidence that he shared that or sold it with others that will never come out. There’s so much worse to this story that well BP never know. Just like JFK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Happy happy Joy!
    Trump likely looking at 5 centuries prison!

Trump Maximum Sentences Add Up To Staggering 536 YEARS In Prison For All Counts

• 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information — 10 years each
    • 3 counts of withholding or concealing documents in a federal investigation — 20 years each
    • 2 counts of false statements — 5 years each
    • 1 count of conspiracy to obstruct justice — 20 years
    • That adds up to 400 years, longer than the U.S. has been a country

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    They'll let him out after 250 with good behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Wrong.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3