Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What criminal investigation is the President facing?

2. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    For the documents found in his garage.

3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although not a formal criminal investigation some members of the House are going after him supposedly based on testimony from a yet unnamed former FBI agent/whistleblower who is alleging that he has documents indicating that both Joe and Hunter Biden received payments from Burisma. Personally, I think it's a fabrication but that won't stop them and the right-wing media from promulgating the story.
    Joe Biden allegedly paid $5M by Burisma executive as part of a bribery scheme, according to FBI document - Fox News
    That's apparently the document. Roughly the equivalent of the Steele dossier which was attacked by Republicans and perhaps rightly so because it was also unverified.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    If Biden gets involved in any way like making public statements about the case it would serve as “proof “ to the afflicted that it’s all political and about Biden persecuting his opponent or some such. Better if he stays away and lets the justice system grind on without his input.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh, you mean the republicans nothing burger congressional investigation.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Well I think people obviously have different opinions of the guy, but in my view, while he is certainly no stranger to engaging in questionable transactions in order to enrich himself, he is also sincere in his Making America great thing. Not that his version of making America great wasn’t often confused with making Trump great, but I don’t think even Trump’s moral compass is so messed up that he could outright sell national defense secrets to a foreign agency.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Not only do I disagree as to his moral compass, my suspicion is he probably did.

Although of course the govt would need evidence. Not circumstantial evidence (like, “hey, it seems a bunch of our intel contacts have been magically caught and murdered lately”). It would require more direct evidence of a “transaction”. To find such evidence would raise it to a whole different level, firing squad level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    -Joe Biden kept classified documents in his garage & the Penn-Biden Center(Yes the place that took in 100 mil from the Chinese). All documents he did not have the power to declassify.
    -Hillary Clinton kept classified emails on her private server and destroyed her phones with hammers.
    -Bill Clinton kept classified recordings in his drawer next to his cigars.

Only Donald Trump was indicted.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Marcy Wheeler has been joking that Comer in the House wants to remove Wray, which will mean that the FBI is led by a Democrat for the first time in its history, even if only temporarily

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If there's a glaring, perhaps fatal weakness in American democracy today, that's it. Go along with the politically worst elements in society if it gets their votes. The good of the country be damned. If Trump gets elected in 2024, the republic will be done for (big surprise), thanks largely to people who are ironically called Republicans (compare North Korea called the Democratic People's Republic of Korea), and in part thanks to other people who inexplicably also vote for him. In such a case the republic's demise will be deserved, a free choice, not due to any defeat by some foreign enemy. Indeed under a Trump dictatorship our NATO friends will be our enemies and our biggest enemies today, China and Russia, will be our friends. Kim Jong Un will be coming over for sleep-ins at the White House.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    How big was that Clinton cigar drawer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That and if these trials get delayed until after the election and trump somehow wins, the cases will be buried post haste.

14. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    No I mean the special prosecutor appointed by Merrill Garland, same as Pence and Trump.

You’d be better served to not be a completely partisan shill and sometimes adopt a modicum of objectivity.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    What is more likely to be compromised by foreign actors? A private email server or a bunch of papers in boxes at Mar-a-lago?

16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    To be completely fair, I'm there.

I think the allegations in the indictment are unbelievable harming to Trump. Not sure what viable legal defenses Trump has and the only defense he has in the court of public opinion is "double standard." And I still think that's fair.

The DOJ must've known how this would look and weighed that in their decision to indict him, and indicted him anyways. Part of the consequences of that is the institutional trust in these institutions continue to falter.

As I've repeatedly said, there is nothing wrong with this indictment observed in a vacuum. It really looks like Trump not only broke the law, but tried to lie and cover it up. The issue is the indictment in context with the 2016 election, the 2020 election, and the 2024 election; with Hillary Clinton, Trump himself, and Joe Biden.

And I still think the DOJ made the wrong call fr purposes of institutional trust and credibility, but it's really hard to defend Trump here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Could go either way actually, both are potentially open to snooping, but the email server was NOT transmitting national defense secrets. It could have opened Clinton up to revealing large troves of more mundane Sec of State stuff that was not classified or low level classification added after the fact. I tend to suspect it wasn’t breached though (otherwise why didn’t the Russians or somebody leak a bunch of it like they did with the DNC server hack? Trump literally even asked them to lol!).

Trumps stash had 31 such documents (at least 31 that are charged as 31 counts of the indictment, could be more “unknowns” not charged). Similar to Clinton, we don’t know (as far as I’m aware) of any specific losses of the intel. Aside from the recoded instance of Trump waving around and showing off that Iran document. As of now, Trumps issue is he was shown to not only be lying (duh), but actively evading efforts to cooperate and return those boxes. If there is more, like a transaction, it’s death penalty level. A whole different can of worms would be opened.

18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What you failed to mention was that the documents at Mar-a-Lago were in the custody of a person willing to share them, were stored in unsecured spaces in a facility with hundreds if not thousands of visitors and had much higher classifications than the very small number of classified documents on the email server.
    Remember this incident?
    Chinese woman who intruded at Mar-a-Lago sentenced to six months
    I would also add that the woman was able to sneak on to the facility when Trump was still POTUS. It was much less secure after he left office.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    It's really not close which is safer.

And some of the emails were "related to national defense," which is the standard under 18 U.S. Code § 793(f).

Update: 22 Clinton emails deemed 'top secret' by government

"The 37 pages include messages a key intelligence official recently said concerned “special access programs” -highly restricted, classified material that could point to confidential sources or clandestine programs like drone strikes."

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And you can bet that Trump will delay all trials as long as he can, hopefully right into November 2024. Jack Smith wants a "speedy trial"? Ha ha ha ha.

The cases being buried if Trump is elected reminds me of a hearing on Capitol Hill about VP Lyndon Johnson's corruption. The hearing was taking place on November 22, 1963. When the news came from Dallas, the hearing adjourned and (surprise!) never reconvened.