Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The issue is Iranian intelligence to the Saudis

2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although off-topic for this thread, interestingly Maryland is one of the states requiring both parties to consent to the recording of telephone conversations. The telephone conversation between Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky which ultimately led to the impeachment of Bill Clinton was recorded without Lewinsky's consent. The late Ken Starr the independent counsel investigating Clinton contacted the Maryland AG and/or the Montgomery County State's Attorney specifically requesting that Tripp not be prosecuted although she blatantly violated the statute requiring 2-party consent.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be. Seems most Americans would be in favor of holding the rich and powerful to the same standards, responsibilities, and consequences as average Americans.

4. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Does the indictment alone not do that on its face, at least with regard to being charged?

The very last thing Biden should be doing is grave dancing over it, which would politicize it 100%. He should do exactly what he’s doing, keep his tap shut, especially since he’s now the one with an ongoing documents investigation based on how he handled similarly somewhat classified documents by keeping them in his garage.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not in my experience

6. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I did say the Biden White House, not just Biden but I would also include those in Congress and the Senate.

7. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well it seems to be working fine for republicans but okay.

8. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    The Biden White House is 100% a proxy for Biden, and if they did what you’ve suggested all roads ultimately lead back to him. The election isn’t for another 16 months and his best course of action today is to say nothing and let the facts speak for themselves. Anyone who read that indictment yesterday and didn’t say“ JFC” is hopelessly lost anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    She would have made a great President, IMO. Vitriol against her doesn’t even make sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree to disagree. I don’t see how reminding voters over and over about republican hypocrisy on the rule of law is hurtful, but that’s just my opinion.

11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    A classified information spillage by definition isn’t intentional. What former President Trump did was intentional, and was not a spillage.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    While he is the subject of an ongoing investigation for similar matters? It’d be blatant stupidity for him to do that and then get foisted on his own petard. But he is Joe Biden so anything is possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  14. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Okay we’re talking about two different things. I’m not talking about Trump even though his problems are related. I’m talking about the hypocrisy of the Republican Party claiming to be the party of law and order when their comments and actions are contrary to that.

15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Thanks for sharing. I did not realize that the classified docs included nuclear secrets as well as "potential vulnerabilities of the U.S. and its allies to military attack." IOW - he not only violated the people of the U.S. (supposedly his people); he violated our allies. How can 92, 715 and any others even dare to try and argue against this indictment?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Two of the instances in which he revealed the docs to unauthorized people were indeed matters of show-and-tell. How freaking stupid is this man?

17. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    No we’re not. I’m telling you why it would be dumb for Biden or his proxies to start down that path when he’s facing his own investigation, regardless of how hypocritical the opposition party is. Let the facts speak for themselves, they’re that bad for Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    It’s a cult.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Biden's only response today should be along the lines of he trusts the US Judicial process and won't comment at this time. Same answer if someone questions about Hunter or Joe's own document case.

And I don't think you'll see 92 defending Trump anymore. 92 said the indictment would have to be beyond Nixon level stuff for it to be of value, and after 92 year the indictment, he posted it was way beyond.

I'm sure there are plenty others like him out there. A supporter, but unlike a Trump cult of personality worshipper, there's a limit to their support. And putting the US and our allies in national security danger is that limit.

Which goes to why Biden shouldn't say anything. Let the Rs eat their own now before primary season. Biden can comment when he's on the election trail months from now, after he knows his opponent.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

Finally, it merits mention that there is nothing in the indictment or otherwise indicating that the U.S. government is now sure it has recovered all of the classified information. Trump may have retained more documents when he left the White House. We do not know whether he has additional documents or materials that he might have brought with him, or lost control of them. Think, for example, of the recent reports that Trump’s lawyers cannot find the “Iran attack plan” document that we now know, from the indictment’s recounting of a recorded, previously-reported exchange about the document among Trump and various aides and book writers, that both Trump and the government consider a classified document. For national security officials, knowing that we don’t know whether there are more classified documents, or more instances of disclosing the known documents, is a remaining serious concern.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3