Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I just read that, nothing all that interesting.

Can you summarize in your own words the “juiciest” part? What’s relevant to the Trump case!? Nothing in that list jumps out. Hell that article speaks of destroying old devices like it’s a matter of fact. That’s probably because it is, where data is a concern.

The Trump people are so stupid to equate Clinton’s destruction of devices to Trump wanting to destroy these documents. As much as you may wish it to be comparable, it is not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    A solid number.

Not that high, but I have no reason to doubt that it's random. Randomness happens.

Dunno.

No.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Exactly. Who said it’s either/or!?

That is just one *known* example. We don’t know what his plans were for the other national defense documents. I damn well still suspect it was transactional.

Actually, i think that bizarro Gen. Milley related item is extra damning. Only thing more damning would be “proof of sale”. Because it shows Trump actually had some knowledge about a specific document he was able to whip out in context of a discussion, he USED the document (yes, in a moronic way). It wasn’t just some random stash he knew little about. It implies some level of specificity (or at least that he personally went through them at some point to see what “goodies” he had in his possession).

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    People who know Trump know he is stupid. Especially people who deal with him. He can’t bargain or sell anything. Especially with something like this, which he would have to sell himself and only to people stupid enough or greedy enough to buy what he is saying. This really is about his stupidity and hubris— he wants to show off and brag. All he has to do was give this stuff back and there would have been no evidence of specific intent. But he ordered the boxes moved around and it was all captured on his video cameras. He is a moron.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    His only defense is that he is too stupid to form the specific intent. Mentally incapable of it.

6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Solid? 4 or 12 or ??? I have no frame of reference for that. If 10, there is a 1% chance she gets both cases. Hard to believe that is random.

6 judges, less than 3% chance. Still hard to believe it is random

Did I do that math right?

7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    That's the incredible thing here. As certain folks complain about unequal justice, the reality is that if Trump gave the documents back, he wouldn't have been charged. But he not only refused to do that, he was as dumb as possible when it came to trying to conceal them and showing them off. The man has basically confessed on tape the elements of the crime. Imagine trying to defend that level of stupidity. Woof.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    There aren't any leaders left in the republican party. It's rotten to the core. Burn it to the ground and start over fresh. I never supported Trump, but was a lifelong registered Republican up until the election denial bullshit and Jan 6 happened. I'm now solidly NPA.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I don't know the answer because I don't know which division the current indictment was filed in. If I knew that, I could venture some guess, but even then, it's not a perfect guess because the Southern District doesn't offer information on each judge's caseload in their divisions.

10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Also to claim “witch hunt” and “weaponization of the justice system” AFTER the Benghazi witch hunt and “Lock Her Up” as a rallying cry.

Self Awareness = Absolute Zero.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Trump Family’s Newest Partners: Middle Eastern Governments

When former President Donald J. Trump returned briefly last week to his office at Trump Tower in New York, he was joined by his son Eric Trump and the top executive of a Saudi Arabian real estate company to sign a deal that creates new conflict-of-interest questions for his just-launched presidential campaign.
    The deal is with a Saudi real estate company, which intends to build a Trump-branded hotel, villas and a golf course as part of a $4 billion real estate project in Oman. The agreement continues a practice that had been popular for the Trump family business until Mr. Trump was elected president — selling branding rights to an overseas project in exchange for a generous licensing fee.

But what makes this project unusual — and is sure to intensify the questions over this newest transaction — is that by teaming up with the Saudi company, Mr. Trump is also becoming part of a project backed by the government of Oman itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I was about to post that it seems like a believable defense when you’re stupid enough to, while being recorded for a book interview, think that you’re safe so long as you say “off-the-record” before saying y’all look at this cool invasion plan I wasn’t supposed to keep, isn’t this cool, wild huh?

But somehow, even in the midst of that level of idiocy, he managed to acknowledge that he knew he wasn’t supposed to have this, he knew these people weren’t supposed to see it, and he knew he didn’t declass it even though he could have.

How do you manage to simultaneously show that you are unbelievably stupid, but also clearly articulate that you still understand that what you’re doing is illegal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    In my own words, the "juiciest part" would be the part where Hillary instructed her staffers delete a bunch of emails after you just told us she turned everything over when she left. This after telling the FBI she deferred to her staff on how to manage her email server. And that she didn't understand what a letter "C" meant. But she had the foresight to tell her staffers to delete all emails that were more than 60 days old, because you know, she was wanting to make sure everything was turned over per protocol and she deferred those things to her staff...errrr....except for that one time she told them to delete thousands of emails that happened to be government property.

If you read that article and believe Clinton wasn't intentionally burying troves of emails, then you're an idiot. Emails that included classified information, no less. It was bad enough that ya boy Comey had to re-open the investigation on the eve of the election just to make sure they got it all covered. She broke classified information laws. She deleted tons of emails. And the phones being destroyed with hammers was concerning enough to be mentioned in the FBI report, so I think I'll just go with that's probably not the normal SOP on how government employees are to handle their phones over the hallucinations of a random internet Democrat shill.

14. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Arrogance. Because they all do it. Do you really believe Hillary didn't know what the "C" meant on the hundreds of classified emails that came to her private email address? Of course, she did. She knew it and was arrogant enough to think it didn't matter, because she's Hillary, her husband was a former president and now she was Secretary of State. She can do whatever she wants, right? Do you really believe she didn't set the private email server up to stay off the grid purposely? Of course she did. Same attitude Trump displayed in the recording. One could only argue Hillary was smarter about it, because she knew she'd get away with it and ultimately she was right. But the same may become of Trump as well.

Just a big coincidence that in the past decade we've now had 2 presidents, 1 vice president and 1 secretary of state who've all had numerous classified documents at their homes, private email servers or moved them to unauthorized locations? They all do it, because they think they can get away with it. Pence's may have been an honest mistake, but I highly doubt it.

Trump's not stupid, but he's arrogant and he thinks "if they get to do it, I get to do it too."

I don't think Trump is worried about this for a second.
    I think he is watching donations pour in the last 24 hours.
    I think the charges will be thrown out.
    There's a decent chance he wins in 2024, so it all becomes a moot point.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Comey publicly “re-opened” the investigation.

(a) because he’s an idiot
    (b) because Clinton’s chief of staff (also apparently an idiot) forwarded a lot of emails to Anthony Weiner (a creepy idiot), a few of which were indeed classified or not in Clinton’s archive - whereas they should have been. The explanation ended up super stupid, this woman forwarded for the purpose of printing them out for work. I doubt very much Clinton even knew this was happening (Why would she? Makes no sense). Could have been criminal for the chief of staff, but not for Clinton. Comey apparently accepted the story from the chief of staff. All you have are suppositions.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Man, he must really be screwed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    100%. Even if you hate Trump, but you're a Republican, you have to support Trump on this, because otherwise your party just got abused, while the other party slides. That's why you see McCarthy, DeSantis, Jordan all out there immediately calling this for what it is. It's not all about saving Trump's hide. It's about keeping the checks and balances in place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You love being lied to.

19. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    He nails it. Love the line about how he would have been court-marshaled if he had done that.

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]