Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    do you understand the difference in the cases or does it matter or do you just refuse to recognize the differences?

do you recognize the substantial differences in the types of documents that each had or does it matter if one is current nuclear codes, attack strategies, defensive vulnerabilities and one is a memo about a meeting with a diplomat that occurred 10 years ago? does it matter?

do you acknowledge that DOJ investigated Hillary for years under Trump or does it need to be linked again?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You're lumping me in with criminal actors based on a difference of opinion.

3. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No doubt you're correct, because he knows his fan base will believe anything he says. It would never work as a legal defense because the glaring differences between the two would be presented and absorbed in a matter of minutes, and end the trial in record time, if that was all they had.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    even Snowden didn't have these level of documents open to multiple chinese operatives loitering around ML

5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I recognize the differences. Everyone here is just overplaying them to try and hide the double standard. No two cases are completely identical.

I do, it matters, but it doesn't affect whether the law was broken or whether that was the straw that broke the camel's back leading to an indictment. The problem is that we've had Trump in investigation after investigation since the day he took office. Color me skeptical when you cling to the high level of classified documents as being what tipped the scales.

Anybody can find differences if they really want to. The similarities and circumstances here are damning as I have already highlighted.

They were investigating her before then and it didn't lead to an indictment.

6. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    BS. I find it meaty & succinct. your response, however, does a good job of self-describing.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    A real mystery.

8. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    not rilly. They don't want their kids to be eaten by commie pedophiles in drag. lesser of 2 evils thinking

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, it would never work as a legal defense because “someone else committed many of these same crimes too!” isn’t a legal defense in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The commies are vegan. Their kids are safe from being eaten.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    some sick people out there threatening Garland's children. Az rep calling out an eye for an eye..wtf do these people think they owe the pos that is dt?

'We need to start killing': Some Trump supporters flood social media with demands for violence (msn.com)

“We need to start killing these traitorous f---stains,” wrote one person on the the pro-Trump messaging board, The Donald. “It's not gonna stop until bodies start stacking up. We are not civilly represented anymore and they'll come for us next. Some of us, they already have," wrote another.

Another person shared an article about Attorney General Merrick Garland's family, prompting one user to reply, “His children are fair game as far as I’m concerned.”
    Even some GOP members of Congress apparently encouraged violence.

“We have now reached a war phase,” tweeted Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ). “Eye for an eye.”

And Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) tweeted out a message that a militia expert said was a coded message effectively calling for civil war. "This is scary as hell," said award-winning journalist Jeff Sharlet.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Well, Donald literally showed the documents to people who don't have security clearances and allegedly said, "I shouldn't be showing you this" and admitted that it is "highly confidential." He's such a moron.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The man was really dumb enough to say this while being recorded:
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    It gets so much better. There’s a transcript of that recording further in that’s way more entertaining than that summary.

The “look at this, I shouldn’t show you this, see, no don’t get too close” was pretty good too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. Do you understand how the legal system works?

If you rob $12 million from a bank, and are arrested and stand trial, at no time are "the issues here" whether or not someone in the distant past escaped prosecution for robbing a fountain pen from the same bank.

*The President can't initiate a DOJ investigation.
    *Jack Smith has no political affiliation; he is an international war crimes prosecutor who is the model definition of an impartial prosecutor.
    *This investigation was started by the simple fact that Trump blatantly broke a cadre of laws, which was discovered (and more committed) in the course of recovering the boxes of stolen documents. There was no fishing expedition. The documents were found to be missing through the routine records accounting procedures.
    *Trump is not a threat. Biden already beat Trump by over 7 million votes, and that was on spec. That was before he had his incredibly successful first term, and Trump got impeached again and led an insurrection to topple the US government. Biden has resurrected the economy, controlled covid that Trump allowed to explode and kill over a million Americans, bottomed out unemployment; and Trump continues to brag about taking credit for the Justices who overturned Roe, which is the most pivotal issue that will turn out even more voters for Biden in 2024 than any other.

At this point, you can't claim ignorance. You are lying about this, continually.

He has no magical declassification authority. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. There is a very clear and rigidly structured declassification process in place, and he did not follow any of it for even a single document.

That's actually the exact opposite of reality. Blind justice ignores the political standing of the criminal. Nobody is above the law. You believe people in your party are. You are wrong.

Correct; that's the most glorious part.

God, we can only hope it is.

Prosecuting the biggest criminal in the country HAS to be the new normal, or else our nation's little experiment with democracy is over.

Well that's a false premise because it's not politically motivated.

But rest assured, politically-motivated indictments won't become the new normal. In fact, there will likely never be a politically motivated Federal indictment. Because there are SEVERE penalties for doing that, and in a Federal trial, that would be proven out.

Sure, the QOP will continue to hold politically-motivated hearings and investigations, like all the ones the QOP House is doing right now, like the Durham investigation (basically all the investigate-the-investigators shams the QOP run), the fake Ukraine/Burisma investigation Trump tried to get AZ to announce, the fake Benghazi investigations, etc....but they'll never indict as a phony politically-motivated stunt. Because, like I said, outside of court, they can pull all the dishonest BS they want, but inside the court, there are SEVERE penalties for making false statements and false accusations.

Also, phony prosecutions would never get past a Federal grand jury anyway. Not even with a Trump judge.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sadly, that same descent has been seen in several others that I know. One of them now hosts militia trainings on his ranch in Texas after getting fired from a software engineering job in Seattle for using an employer affiliated twitter account to call for the killing of groups of people he viewed as enemies. They gave him the chance to apologize and keep his job, he replied that we are at war and need to take the threat of these groups seriously and purge them from our country. It took him about five years of going down the rabbit hole to get there from being one of the nicest humans I knew.

• Informative Informative x 5
  20. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Even funnier that he was showing this off because he wanted to win a pissing contest with Gen Miley over who's idea it was to consider attacking Iran...

“Well, with Milley – uh, let me see that, I’ll show you an example. He said that I wanted to attack Iran. Isn’t that amazing? I have a big pile of papers, this thing just came up. Look. This was him,” Trump says, according to the transcript. “They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1