Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City

This is really the point. Trump created all of

My take is that post teapots, the law and order party slowly morphed into “you’re not the boss of me” and then into I can do whatever I want and thus Law enforcement is bad. Some quote scripture some quote Breitbart

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    The difference is you hate Trump and you want him out. And that same difference holds with the Justice Department.

It’s about teams for YOU. I didn’t want Hillary indicted or locked up. Yet here is all of Too Hot cheering this on.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Went back and read the post. He was loosely equating communism with autocracy/dictatorship. Which technically isn't accurate but it's easy enough to see what he was getting at since communist systems pretty much require a dictatorship to survive. He was pointing out the irony of Cubans Americans favoring a wannabe dictator for president. And of course Cuba was ruled by a dictator before the communists took over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    The irony to me is 60+ court challenges, all thrown out as nonsense, the people behind the rumors on tape saying they were nonsense, not bringing the public statements into court, because of perjury.

And still, the brainwashing of 20 years of infotainment news is too strong to even look at the evidence.

I think Biden is an oaf, and yet he spanked Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Could have just stopped there. Rest of the post is dumb.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Could have, but I didn't. Because the rest of the post was relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    a/k/a DWB, except that the purported violations need not be actual

11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Probably this.

12. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Possibly, it may also just be a change though since before they resigned be posted something thanking them for their service but saying his defense team moving forward would be two different lawyers.

13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    All that and also the fact that they will now be accountable for statements made in file documents and in court. I would imagine that's a significant motivation to get out now is any

14. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Again, how do you quantify or even qualify weaponization if the DOJ?

I mean, clearly Trump did it when he sent Durham to investigate the investigators. Surely Gym Jordan is doing it with his committees to investigate the investigators. We know this, we can quantify this by the fact that they had absolutely no pretext to investigate the investigators, except that they were investigating republicans.

But you are accusing Dems of weaponizing the DON and state and local AGs. However, reality says otherwise:

The Manhattan DA’s office investigated Trump because:
    *In Jan 2018, the NYT published a report documenting the hush money scheme.
    *In Feb, Cohen publicly confirms the payment
    *In March, Stormy Daniels went public on “60 Minutes” verifying the hush money payments. Then
    *Also in March, Daniels’ lawyer released emails proving the wire transfer arrangement. Then w
    *In May, while Trump is denying everything, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani admits on live television that not only did Cohen make the hush, money payment, but Trump reimbursed Cohen for the payment.
    *In July, CNN published a recording of a phone call between tone and Trump in which they discussed the payment.

This was not weaponization of the Manhattan DAs office against Trump. It was following the evidence as they are legally bound to do. It would have been a massive act of negligence if they had not investigated and then not invited.

Of course, you probably don’t know any of this happened, because you only watch right wing propaganda, and they never told you any of this.

I don’t think I need to walk you through the avalanche of publicly available evidence of trumps classified records crimes. In this thread alone, they have been documented beyond any rational person’s satisfaction.

In the Fani Willis case, everyone who doesn’t rely on Fox News as their news source, all heard the tapes of Trump directing the Georgia election official to find enough votes to win Georgia. And fans of the eternally two-faced Lindsey Graham, better brace themselves, because from all reporting, this case will be expanding into a RICO case, and thus a multi-state case, including South Carolina. And those who do not use Fox News as their only source of information, know that Lindsey Graham was also on the phone to Georgia election officials, and New Mexico election officials, and a couple of other states’ election officials. There is no publicly available recording of those conversations, like Trump’s call to Georgia, but the people on the other end of the phone certainly know the substance of those conversations, and they were certainly asked in the course of this investigation.

In the Capitol riot case, better defined as the seditious conspiracy case, even Fox News broadcast Trump’s verbal directions given live to the MAGA mob to storm the capital. And those of us who consume real news, know of all the mountains of evidence that was found to convict all of the boots of the insurrection. The next indictment will be against the suits of the insurrection, and the evidence is just as damning. Much of it we already know from public reporting, such as the way that even the Fox News hosts were texting and calling Trump feverishly while the insurrection was happening, begging him to call them off, or to call in the National Guard, or to do anything, and he did nothing, because he wanted it to succeed. Because those were his soldiers that he sent there to do just this.

I can do this for all of his investigations. They are all not only driven by credible evidence, there is so much of it, and so much of it is public knowledge, that it would be literally a crime not to investigate, and a crime not to act on the evidence found in the investigations.

This is not what weaponization of justice looks like. This is what justice looks like. The saddest part of this is that I honestly don’t know if you know the difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump had ample opportunity to avoid being indicted on the documents. When NARA first discovered Trump had classified docs, Trump could have returned them all an invited the Feds to search MAR for others. This is what both Pence and Biden did, return everything and invite an investigation by the FBI to ensure everything is returned. Did Trump do this? No.

Instead, NARA had to get a subpoena for the documents. Trump again could have avoided being indicted had he complied with the subpoena. But again, that didn't happen. He did return roughly half of the documents, but when NARA discovered many were still missing, they asked Trump if he truly returned everything he knew about. Trump had another chance to avoid being indicted here, by admitting the truth and allowing all documents to be returned. Instead, Trump had his lawyer intentionally lie on a subpoena about returning all known documents, and had some documents change location in MAR. This is called obstruction.

A member of NARA met with Trump after the affidavit lie and confirmed Trump still had classified docs at MAR. Once again, Trump likely could have avoided being indicted if he had agreed to return all the docs in his possession. But once again, he refused. At this point, NARA had only one recourse, which was get a warrant. Once that was issue, Trump was going to face some sort of punishment.

Trump might have still been able to avoid indictment at this point by taking a deal with the DOJ. But the deal likely meant Trump giving up security clearance for the rest of his life, meaning he couldn't run for POTUS again. Besides, Trump is a megalomaniac narcissist, and believes he hasn't done anything wrong, despite all the evidence against him.

All of this is provable, and plenty of evidence against Trump. If you don't believe it, you are the one living in a snowglobe. Not us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
  17. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    A word real quick on the moronic notion that Biden, Garland or Smith "did this"...

Trump was indicted by at least 12 of 15 grand jurors in a red state that Trump won with a republican governor. THEY did this, not politicians.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    The Judge Who Coined “Indict a Ham Sandwich” Was Himself Indicted

Sol Wachtler, the former chief judge of New York state, coined the term in a January 1985 interview with the New York Daily News’ Marcia Kramer and Frank Lombardi. The relevant bit:

In a bid to make prosecutors more accountable for their actions, Chief Judge Sol Wachtler has proposed that the state scrap the grand jury system of bringing criminal indictments.

Wachtler, who became the state’s top judge earlier this month, said district attorneys now have so much influence on grand juries that “by and large” they could get them to “indict a ham sandwich.”

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  19. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No. You won’t. Because you can’t just indict and prosecute political enemies without evidence. Without actual crimes. And you don’t have any.

This is how we know you folks are in a cult. You think you have some secret knowledge that only you have, and nobody else has. And it’s so secretive and I magical, that it defies every mountain of factual evidence, easily observable by everyone else in the real world.

It’s why you gravitate to cult figureheads like Trump, who said on his campaign, that something was wrong with the country, that he wouldn’t actually specify, and that he was the only one on earth who could fix it.

I studied cult behavior in my sociology classes, but I still can’t quite understand how certain people’s minds are susceptible to the indoctrination. To reject what they see, what is verified, and embrace what is invisible and so easily disproven. But there is no lack of clarity around what it looks like, and the dangers therein.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump big-footed his way through his presidential term obliterating norms of behavior and ethics rules, and abusing the privileges of the office with shameless impunity. His ass was well and truly covered, it didn't matter how egregious the offense. For anyone not of the MAGA persuasion, it was frustrating and disheartening to watch.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 7