Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lock him up! CNN reports Trump to be indicted

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jun 8, 2023.

1. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    You're not an American born and raised here?

2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Not exactly.

I opened a thread before it came out, and posted that I thought it seemed compelling.

But to this day, I haven't seen it.

Seemed like the guy had a plausible explanation for the discrepancy between apparent defacto reality (Biden a dud of a nominee), and the dejure reality--Sleeping, demented Joe Biden, garnering more votes than any president ever--even 10 million more than the incumbant.

Still smells like so much crap, and it ain't just me--fully 80% of the GOP thinks that's a load of crap.

C'est la vie.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I am. I never said I wasn’t.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    As ugly as this looks, it makes sense. When the prosecutors file their case, there’s a cover sheet they must fill out which gives generic information about the case (for administrative purposes). One of the questions is whether there is “a related case.” They checked yes, and disclosed the related search warrant case. Related cases are usually assigned to the same judge, rather than go through random judicial selection.

5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    You did a lot more than start a thread. You posted more than 100 times on it, defending and praising it.
    maybe next time you should see it first. just a suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    There’s little point in discussing it if you can’t see what he has done with these documents and in Georgia aren’t criminal acts. Probably 1/6 too but that’s a bit harder to prove as to intent. While I think he is guilty in Stormy Daniel’s thing by itself I’m not sure I think it rises to the level of prosecution.

You have 4 different alleged crimes, and it’s beyond the possibility to you that he is guilty of any of them.

There is zero question in my mind if Joe Biden did these things you’d be leading the outrage train.

While like everybody I have biases, I’m pretty sure if Biden had committed these levels of criminal acts I’d support criminal prosecution too.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Ah, I see. He was referring to Gator92, who I'm pretty sure was also born and raised here.

8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Most of those posts were defending against the summary dismissal of it--BEFORE IT EVEN CAME OUT.

...and of course, so much back and forth about whether sleepy joe actually garnered more votes than his historically popular former boss, Barrack Obama did, in either of his elections.

It still doesn't add up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

You just refuse to review what the man has done and want to paint the man as a victim of political retribution.

Sure some of that is true, no doubt, but it is his ACTIONS that speak to the truth and contrary to maga beliefs not everyone on the DOJ works for the Democratic National Committee.

It's almost inconprehensible that any rational conservative would not reach the conclusion that this man is indeed a criminal considering the charges, the record (proof) and of course what comes out of the mans mouth, he's so stupid he openly talks of his crimes.

Perhaps if your party would nominate SANE people to run for office we would not be having these kinds of discussions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Then why don’t you and why isn’t it happening? He mishandled classified documents as well. He has sexual assault allegations as well.

Don’t give me this crap that he cooperated. Put Joe Biden under a probe for 6-7 years on bullshit accusations that originally stemmed from a political rival (Hillary Clinton), you’ll find whatever dirt you need to reasonably support an indictment.

This rule applies to pretty much everybody in DC. You follow any of them around long enough, you’ll find something. And if the standard is simply “well it’s possible he did it” then they never had a chance. They’re at the mercy of whoever the Hell is bringing these indictments.

If thats the country you want, so be it. But don’t come to us when the very same system is used against you.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    And he was also referring to Cubans supporting Trump and characterizing them as “Communists.”

Considering the Cuban vote is typically Republican, including for Trump and DeSantis, that’s lecturing Cubans on Communism.

And I don’t want to hear a guy like that lecturing Cubans who experienced Communism first hand on Communism.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He wasn’t able to physically “seize the voting machines” as he wanted the military to do all “banana Republic” Castro style, but his attempts to overthrow the election kept happening (including other criminal asks), before he ultimately incited 1/6. This was a crime against the country orchestrated by Trump. This seems perpetually lost on you.

Trump was in a manic state at the time figuring how to seize power, he was not actually functioning as the President, Pence was.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    And the system held because even his own side and his own VP did their job.

Now you’re straight up DOING the same thing you’re chastising him for CONSIDERING or ATTEMPTING.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Again, the point is that all of the prosecution efforts are directed at Trump, and every possible manipulation of the game is one directional--against the Right (e.g.--Popdopulus--bar convo, turns into a squeeze play...Mike Flynn...the Russia pee pee dossier hoax serving as the foundation for so many investigations...).

....meanwhile, all the evidence against the Left gets soft peddled (Hillary's destrcution of evidence...Hunter's laptop...bribery, billions of dollars going into Biden coffers after he visited countries...Biden threatening to withhold 1 billion from Ukraine unless prosecutor was fired...meanwhile Trump's leaked classified phone convo gets interpretted gratuoitouly to be criminal...).

It's kangaroo court bullshit.

All aimed at the Right, from the Left, and protecting the Left.

That = weaponized justice system.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Not surprised he was right. Best judge Trump could get for himself.

16. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    There is a pretty clear difference in the documents circumstances (as well as with Pence) and there were never any criminal allegations on the “sexual assault”, no corroboration and the person who made the allegations previously wrote fawning articles about Putin, lied on her resume, then moved to Russia.

Like I said discussion with you would be pointless. It is all about party team and tribe with you.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    If there is only one indictment in the 1/6 investigation, it should be dereliction of duty. Whether it can be proven that he incited the insurrection or not, he was the one person who had the power to stop it and he made no such attempt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    There is probably truth to being able to find a crime against almost anyone given enough time and resources. As an analogy, cops can follow people around waiting for them to speed, commit a traffic violation, or have a tail light go out. Continuing with that analogy, IF what Trump is accused of here is true, he might have gotten a warning or a fine but he allegedly decided to give the cop the finger, pop open a beer and peel off in his truck from the traffic stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    On the other hand, their argument that the judge/jury are driven by partisan hatred is going even less credible in Florida and with this Judge.

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    He doesn’t do himself any favors by being a jackass, but fair or unfair he gets a lot of cover for that sort of thing because he’s running for President.

We shouldn’t want elections being decided by the ego of a DA or the Justice Department official rather than the ballot box.