Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Let's be honest about who we are.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by HisDoc, Dec 7, 2023.

1. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Like it or not, this is the public perception of Florida football right now, sadly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I’m just thankful we have so many folks willing to keep circulating every bad thing they can find.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. gatorgrad87

gatorgrad87 Sophomore

Oct 10, 2018
    It's their way of saying "Fire everyone, burn down the house" without actually saying it.

4. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    they would love to post s lot of great positive stuff but it is very hard to find.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    6-7 season
    5-7 season
    God awful OL play/recruiting
    God awful Special Teams play
    Defense giving up explosive plays
    Slow approach to the transfer portal
    Gator Collective flopping
    Lose to a crappy Arkansas team who was on the verge of firing their coach
    Star players transferring
    Fired 2 coaches with no replacements lined up
    No OC
    AD wanting to decrease Swamp capacity
    etc.

So you’re telling me none of that is what’s hurting the program? It’s the fans being mean on Twitter that’s the sole problem? The same fans that did their part and Sold Out the Swamp every game this season?

What about the former UF players speaking out on Twitter lately upset with what’s going on? Are they the problem too?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Its circulating everywhere and just sticking our heads in the sand won't make it go away. It would be nice if the folks that are getting paid big $$ off of our contributions will actually get busy doing something that will yield something positive for a change.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I never said it’s all the fans fault, I’m saying adding to the negativity doesn’t help anything. It only makes a bad situation worse. I’ve never seen you say anything positive, and you disappear if ANYTHING good happens. You are all negative, all the time, and there is a good amount of very vocal “fans” that do the same. How does that help us land recruits, retain players, or lure the best staffs here?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    I beg to differ.

UF is one of those rare schools where the academics embrace the football program enthusiastically.

Show me an accomplished professional UF graduate and I will show you a diehard college football fan.

This is not the norm for elite academic institutions. In most of them, the academic circles spurn the gridiron gang.

One could list the academically elite schools with this kind of attitude towards the football program on a 3x5 notecard. A few that come to mind: Ga Tech, Texas, Michigan, Clemson. For attitude, I would put us at the top of this list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Let our rivals circulate it. We don’t have to help them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Burn down the house without insurance? Who pays the 20+ million fee after the fire?
    The problem with all the fire the coach people is that the sack of garbage left after the destruction has to be cleaned up, coaches have to be bought out... With monies that could actually be spent on procuring players, assistants, and upgrading facilities. The same boosters do both.
    I'm for supporting CBN as much as possible. When and if the money gators decide the change is necessary, that's when i will support the new coach.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I’m fine burning it all down if you want to pay to rebuild it. If you have the swing, by all means go get it done. If you don’t, what else can you do to help? Does constantly bitching and complaining help? Does calling for everyone’s head help? I can’t see how it does.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. toprowgator

toprowgator GC Legend

Jun 24, 2019
    Fixed it.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Maybe it would be more helpful not to keep giving our rivals the knives to use to stick in us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gatorzilla91

Nov 21, 2014
    How is telling fans who are rightly pissed off about the direction of the program to just shut up and deal with it any better?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Do something to help in a positive way. Don’t actively try to make it worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I mean, I don’t see how sticking them in ourselves and then picking at the wounds is any better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. gatorzilla91

Nov 21, 2014
    We did. We sold out the Swamp all season long.

We did our part. They didn’t .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    How many tickets did you buy and what exactly do you think that entitles you to? Did you buy them from the UAA, or second hand?

Do you really think it’s that simple? Buy tickets and the wins should be guaranteed?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  19. gatorzilla91

Nov 21, 2014
    Paying my hard earned money on tickets from the UAA I’m certainly entitled to watch a team that knows how to count to 11 on Special Teams

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. traubgator

traubgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    imagine if this was FSU, Miami, Georgia, Alabama -- the 2 words to describe the situation would be dumpster fire.

current staff has 2 terrible football seasons in a row
    very little positives from the play on the field over the past 2 season, no consistency, and both seasons, we probably got worse as the season progressed.
    current quality players have entered the portal.
    Still no special teams coordinator or any news on a Offensive coordinator.
    Every day, we are dropping in the recruiting rankings -- the worst part is UGA, FSU, Bama, miami are in front of us, and 4 SEC teams are on our heels.

To get back to where we were we have to blow everyone away in recruiting and the portal -- and I think on the other thread someone mentioned the best edge rusher and running back in the portal are gators. that is not good.
    Then take into consideration the schedule next season --- its going to brutal to get to 6 wins.