Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Let's be honest about who we are.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by HisDoc, Dec 7, 2023.

1. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Now you’re being ridiculous, spewing falsehoods and you’re full of manure. smh!

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You can expect whatever you want

3. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Except I am complaining directly to the person who can make a change. You can stop circulating negative things about our team if you want. I can talk to you directly about it.

Me throwing a fit here about a questionable timeout or losing a recruit has zero chance of making a difference on the field. Circulating negativity is more likely to hurt than help. If I want to make a change on the field, I need to get in the room with the folks who are making those decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I wasn’t singling you out there. His initial post to me was about zilla, not you man. This is not the first time he’s come rushing into defend a negative post someone was being critical of. I have never seen him rush in to defend a positive post that someone was critical of though. Negative posts are not allowed to be criticized, but positive posts are. I say you can post what you want, and I can post what I want.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Again, I didn't bring up anyone until you did, I didn't defend anyone, I disagreed with your assertions to their motives. No one needs me to defend them, this is not life, it's an internet forum.

6. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Look, I get it, I honestly do, for what ever that’s worth. What you perceive as negativity is everywhere, mountains of it now, it’s 100% the current narrative. Just posting sunshine & Pom-poms is disingenuous, a bit fake, imho. What few things I post that you believe are negative, you call it circulating negativity, is the reality though. Take the good with the bad, decipher what you want. I don’t post anything I believe is a lie, at least I try my best not to. I find humor in odd stuff, humor helps me deal with the current state. If it was happening to another, program it would be damn funny. I just want to see us get out of this crater we’re stuck in. That will take BIG changes from those currently employed, imho, we shall see if they’ll do what’s necessary. Stay tuned, I will.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    [​IMG]

8. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    You stepped in to white knight for two different posters and a sports writer that I didn’t even make a comment about. Your last post to me essentially said that I shouldn’t comment on negative posts and I should just let mods handle them. I’ve never seen you step in to tell someone who’s being critical of a positive post to just let them post what they want. I have seen you step in and tell someone who’s being critical of a negative poster that they should just let them post whatever they want though. More than once.

9. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    My initial post to you was sort of tongue and cheek. I get it. Even someone who tries very hard to remain positive like me is having a hard time seeing the light right now. I have no beef with you.

10. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Man, this is more entertaining than a Gator football game. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    I'll make a deal with you, I'll get off my horse when you get off the cross.

12. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I will likely continue to criticize negative posts. You will likely continue to criticize the criticisms of those negative posts. It’s who we are.

14. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    No one said anything remotely like that. But, you're going to seriously say that compares to coaches and schools making fortunes off of the backs of athletes while free tuition, room and board, and books are what they get in return? We're where we are now because the powers that be have believed it too, and now it's coming back to bite them in the ass. They could've possibly averted the situation by treating athletes like humans, and even giving them a little spending money. But like most who are haves, they don't worry about the have nots until it comes back to bite them in the ass. Then we hear how ungrateful the student athletes are. I've had friends that were on football scholarships at UF. Neither was a star player and both told me that if you aren't a first or second teamer, you get treated like crap in hopes that you'll leave. Where's the loyalty from the school then? When that happens, fans say things like they didn't want to compete or they're taking up a scholarship that someone else who contributes could use. As far as the education is concerned, many wouldn't be there if they weren't benefitting the universities in some way. Many are ill prepared to be in a school like UF, so how much is the education going to equip them for life after football? If they can't do the schoolwork in high school, they aren't going to succeed at schools like UF. But that doesn't matter if they are a good player, and the universities aren't giving them scholarships out of altruism.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Gave you the like, but I also chuckled a bit.

17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But it's not enough... it's the elephant in the room. And they seem to now be running the show.

18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    My heads not buried in the sand. 5-7 says it all. Should I start whining and crying.

19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You don’t seem to grasp that books aren’t of any value to many of these kids. Many were never cut out to be professionals and the education part has zero value to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s a terrible system for the school and fans now.

• Agree Agree x 1