Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Let BN do his job...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Nov 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Agree with you 100%. He's pointing his finger at the wrong direction. UF's athletic budget is small compare to UF's academic endowment.

2. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I find it an odd coincidence that our slide in the big sports happened when we made this huge push to become the Yale of the South.

Alabama and Georgia have no such illusions.

At least we have gotten our heads out of our butts and upgraded our facilities and given our coaches a 21st century recruiting budget.

Hopefully, the new President will support this continued effort too. I think he will.

3. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Administration sets the tone. If they want less emphasis on football and basketball and more on non revenue sports, then more money will be taken away from the big two and spent on the rest. I think the last administration believed that football was set and could be neglected. They had this idea that we could be Stanford, or something.
    Then football goes to crap, big surprise.

4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I think Machen was on that train before, though. Our dips in hoops/football are purely coaching-related imo.

5. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    I could be wrong but… I think Billy knows the level of play these players have, and knows they played to the best of their ability for the most part.

Maybe they could have even won the game, but a handful of plays messed that up.

I don’t think he is going to throw the players under the bus… and it takes a good man to do that.

But he is recruiting his butt off to raise the bar. I really believe that.
    His diligence will pay off. You can hear it in his voice. He himself is a team player.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Good post to end the thread @gatorfanbill

Everyone has had a chance to give an opinion. Let's come together and support our coaches instead of projecting doom-and-gloom in year 1 of a complete rebuild please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.