Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Lakeville Man killed his pregnant sister because she was ‘no longer innocent’

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Jun 3, 2024.

1. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    If you want to confirm she was married:

Lakeville man charged with killing pregnant sister, dismembering body – Twin Cities

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

1. Odd that you admit this rarely happens in Christian circles but more Islamic or Hindu cultures, yet you chose Christian as your target.

Troll for pushback much?

2.One of the articles in the OP literally has a caption under the picture of her and her "husband".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Huh????? What does that have to do with this brutal murder? Are you blaming women and their doctors? If so, that is also sick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Both, they're not mutually exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    I'm not talking about the murdered woman in the story. I'm referring to how the increased en utero exposure to psychotropic drugs has probably adversely affected the mental health of an entire generation.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    How often does that really happen? My daughter in law took no medicine for any reason while pregnant. Nor did she wear makeup or do anything to her hair other than put it in a ponytail. When asked why I was told it’s for the health of the baby.

7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    This. The dismembering her body points to extreme mental illness. Seems like mom suspected it too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    My immediate thought was mental illness. As in severe

9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I haven’t read about this murderer’s motivations and I don’t want to, but at least from the headline, it most reminded me of this story

He confessed to killing the children, according to the complaint, telling investigators that "he believed his children were going to grow into monsters so he had to kill them."

"Coleman explained that he was enlightened by QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories and was receiving visions and signs" that revealed his wife was telling him "he was saving the world from monsters," the complaint said.

According to the document, Coleman said he knew it was wrong to kill his children, "but it was the only course of action that would save the world."

QAnon believer indicted on charges of killing his 2 children with a spearfishing gun

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. tilly

I think he was speculating as to why people may be born with a mental disease.

11. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    What evidence do you have that this is an issue?

12. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Speculating? Based upon what?

There seems to be a trend in conservatives blaming the world’s ills on medicines used to treat mental illness. We usually see it blamed when mentally ill people kill people with guns - it isn’t the gun, or the mental illness, it’s the drug that is used to treat mental illness.

I’ve not seen any evidence to support any of this but that never stops the anti science types.

13. tilly

1. You dont think the increase in drugs used during pregnancy may impact unborn children?

2. You have no issue with the other speculating going on in this thread?

Listen. We have all seen the tragic effects that mental disease can have on people we love, but we can also admit that there will be unintentional consequences of the strong medications being given to combat them.

Just read the side effects. They are alarming.
    Yet in many cases the drug is very necessary.

Mental illness is tragic and the next generation may pay dearly for how we are forced to treat it.

There is no easy answer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Disparage away all. I believe there's an organic variable at work. It isn't all phones and social media and crappy parenting.

15. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I am very aware of the use of these drugs and side effects. My bipolar and autistic kids have been on them for many years.

Things like SSRIs and ADHD drugs have been used for a long time and have fairly low side affect profile. As far as I know there is no evidence that they cause long term mental conditions of children.

Antipsychotic and bipolar drugs are much more side effect laden and serious. However I don’t think they are typically used except for people with serious mental illness. They aren’t a walk in the park and you wouldn’t take them for no reason. I have discussed this issue with respect to abortion and mentally ill mothers having to choose between risking taking these meds and having a child - a choice that pro lifers want to remove and force the birth.

Saying current mental illness is a result of mothers taking such medications is completely speculative and not based on any science or evidence that I know of. It’s about as bad as saying vaccines have all these unproven ill effects.

I would say the danger of illegal drug use and alcoholism and even tobacco are probably greater dangers and far more frequently occurring.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Good points. Also, I wonder how many of those who have exhibited the most severe mental illness cases (which can have disastrous results) were previously on prescription mediation and stopped taking the medication. How many tragic events would not have occurred but for the cessation of the very drugs some people believe may have been responsible? If we're going to speculate, it seems at the very least that we need to concern ourselves with both sides of that coin.

17. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    The more serious drugs, the anti psychotics and anti seizure drugs, have non trivial side effects. Their effectiveness can be hit and miss and they aren’t a cure all. But when you have someone who is exhibiting suicidal or violent behavior, or self harm or extreme anti social behavior - you don’t have a lot of choice.

You are correct non compliance can be big factor.

Sometimes due to side effects you have to discontinue a drug. The results can be disastrous. This happened to our autistic adult son - he had to quit talking and eventually declined so badly he had to be institutionalized for a week and was later arrested.

• Like Like x 1