Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Labor Day Gas Prices plummet - I paid $2.97

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Aug 30, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Thanks Biden! $2 gas would ruin the economy but you’re just trolling anyway. It’s all coming together. Rate cuts, gas prices, Trumps debate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. mountaineerpatriot

mountaineerpatriot Freshman

Saturday
    $2 gallon gas would reinvigorate the economy like we haven't seen since the 90s.

As for Biden. You don't get to have it both ways. Biden didn't take responsibility when gas prices were high. Biden doesn't get to take credit when gas prices go lower.

3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    But you blamed him when they were high but won't credit them when they go lower? So when you say that "you don't get to have it both ways," the implication is that only you get to have it both ways, right?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    $2 gas would close hundreds of rigs and decimate the economy of Texas and Oklahoma and many other places.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This is your GOPs solution for inflation.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    $2 gas would likely be the result of a recession like it was in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mountaineerpatriot

Saturday
    I'm a private citizen, I can do whatever I want in terms of a double standard. I'm not the President. The President has a higher standard.

The President understands that, whether it's their fault or not, the buck stops with them. It doesn't matter if they directly impact prices or not, the buck stops with them. Biden never took responsibility for high gas prices and always blamed it on something or someone else. Because Biden never took responsibility for high gas prices, he doesn't get to turn around and take any credit for low gas prices. Simple as that.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. mountaineerpatriot

Saturday
    And yet gas prices were not much higher ($2.20 to $2.40/gal) in 2019 when we had one of the best economies here in the U.S. in modern history. Who was President in 2019 when we had a great economy again?

9. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Wages were 28% lower back then. No one makes money at $2.

10. mountaineerpatriot

Saturday
    And you really think wages being 28% higher have even remotely kept up with inflation? With higher food prices, higher rents, higher insurance costs, higher costs for travel and until recently higher gas prices. All of that happened under Biden.

I've had raises since 4 years ago myself. I have a new position that came with a small but still nice pay raise. Let me tell you right now, I don't have nearly the buying power I had 4 years ago. I was far better off back in 2019 under President Trump. It was a better time. Wages being 28% higher doesn't even come close to covering the increase in the overall cost of living for most Americans.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 2:40 PM
  11. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Wrong. Higher now than 2019. Real earnings are price adjusted. That fake spike in 2020 is Covid and unemployment.

IMG_0055.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. mountaineerpatriot

Saturday
    Answer the question. Is your life better than it was in 2019? Even though I've had raises it maybe covers half of the amount my cost of living has gone up. I was in much better shape under President Trump's economy in 2019 and deep down you were as well. But you were good voting for a man (Biden) who has made us suffer just so that you don't have to deal with "mean tweets. Give me back the 2019 economy and the "mean tweets" any day of the week.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Literally a double standard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    2019 was a very average year in terms of both GDP growth and job growth. Only a Trumper would think we had 'one of the best economies here in the U.S. in modern history' in 2019. Try not to believe everything Trump tells you. He lies. A lot.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Yes. It is much much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mountaineerpatriot

Saturday
    Care to elaborate how your life was so bad in 2019? I'll be honest, I don't believe you. I think you're full of it, in the tank for Democrats and have too much pride to admit otherwise.

But if true good for you because it's not better for a lot of people, including myself. I average my cost of living (just keeping the same lifestyle) has gone up about $21,000 since 2019. My salary has only gone up $12,000 in that same frame, meaning I have $9,000 less in spending power than I did in 2019.

Housing is higher, rents are higher. My HOA fees are higher. My insurance rates are higher. Food prices are higher. Alcohol, drinks are even higher. Travel is higher. Car prices have stabilized but are still ridiculous. Eating out has become unaffordable. My average grocery bill used to be around $50. Now it's easily $90 for the exact same items. There is very little that isn't significantly higher than it was under Trump.

My life in 2019 was a lot better than it is in 2024 and I think there will be a lot more people in my position than yours.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 3:28 PM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. mountaineerpatriot

Saturday
    Once again I'm not the President. I'm allowed to have a double standard. The President is not, regardless of party. Biden took absolutely no responsibility for gas prices when they were high. He blamed everyone but himself. So he gets to take no credit when gas prices go down.

If Biden had taken responsibility and ownership over high gas prices, then he could've taken credit now when gas prices are lower. But he didn't.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I’d tell you but it would sound like I’m bragging. Been a great 2 years for company profits and that is how I get compensated.

19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My salary increases since 2019 have far surpassed the increases in my cost of living since then.

Maybe work on your interviewing skills?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    There's winners and losers in every economy. Sounds like you're one of the losers.

• Agree Agree x 5