Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Koch’s are backing Haley

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Nov 28, 2023.

1. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The only important people who thought Trump governed competently were named Putin, Un or MBS.

2. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    the ghost of this guy
    [​IMG]

3. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    To be honest, I haven’t actually been paying attention to the Biden administration, so I have no actual examples. I just remember Obama’s frequent use of executive orders to pass legislation and assumed he continued in this tradition. Really, every president does this now, so it would just be surprising if he didn’t do anything along these lines.

But this was an assumption on my part, and I should have worded it in a way to make it more clear.

4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    They have abused and weaponized government apparatii from the IRS to the FBI, CIA, DOJ...with full cover from the MSN. From Russia pee tape to collusion hoax, impeachment for crap, to prosecution to prevent him from running... to SWAT team stormtroopers anytime a Trump associate gets on trouble to intimidate them and any others... to locking up j6 protestors like they're enemy combatants....

And yall obsess over what Trump *might* do.

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  5. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    I thought she had good executive branch and foreign policy experience, but recently she's been tweeting to placate the social conservatives and that is not what I want in a leader.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    They will insert that straight up communist, Newsome. A blind man can see that from a mile away.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Respectfully...I think you are totally underestimating the evil Biden serves to perpetuate by his incompetence.

Eg--2 wars started since he took office. In the wake of the afghan disaster. Not a coincidence.

Ps--he's China's bitch. Bought n paid for.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Communist? Do you live in 1955? I like Newsome. I'll watch the debate tonight between the two wannabe presidential candidates to see what's up. Maybe one will get his chance? There is a non-zero chance of it.

9. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    J6 protesters? They tried to overthrow the election. I would hang the lot of them. The average iq in the country would go up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Isn't that the guy who was involved in fixing the Dominion Voting Systems machines so that they would throw the election to Biden and miraculously he was able to do so several years after he passed away.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  11. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    that was pretty clever on the pubs part. They wanted their muse to look like their enemy. Kinda like how BIG GOV Reagan would say shit like, the government is the problem.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While the withdrawal from Afghanistan was indeed a disaster Biden was essentially set up for failure. Maybe I'm mistaken but if I recall it wasn't Biden who forced the then government of Afghanistan to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners some of whom were designated as terrorists, it wasn't Biden who reduced the number of US troops in Afghanistan below the level recommended by his generals and it wasn't Biden who made a commitment to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by May 2021 (extended to August by Biden).
    During the transition from the Trump Administration to the Biden Administration, the
    Over his last 11 months in office, President Trump ordered a series of drawdowns of U.S. troops. By June 2020, President Trump reduced U.S. troops in Afghanistan to 8,600. In September 2020, he directed a further draw down to 4,500. A month later, President Trump tweeted, to the surprise of military advisors, that the remaining U.S. troops in Afghanistan should be “home by Christmas!” On September 28, 2021, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Milley testified that, on November 11, he had received an unclassified signed order directing the U.S. military to withdraw all forces from Afghanistan no later than January 15, 2021. One week later, that order was rescinded and replaced with one to draw down to 2,500 troops by the same date.

The outgoing Administration provided no plans for how to conduct the final withdrawal or to evacuate Americans and Afghan allies. Indeed, there were no such plans in place when President Biden came into office, even with the agreed upon full withdrawal just over three months away.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/US-Withdrawal-from-Afghanistan.pdf

It also wasn't Biden who referred to Putin as a genius when Vlad decided to invade Ukraine. I would agree that there probably wouldn't be a war in Ukraine now if Trump was president. He would have sold Zelensky and Ukraine down the river as soon as Putin launched the invasion.
    Trump calls Putin 'genius' and 'savvy' for Ukraine invasion

Speaking of bought and paid for by China.
    China Paid Trump Millions In Rent. Then He Left The White House
    Trump Records Shed New Light on Chinese Business Pursuits (Published 2020)
    Trump’s Conflicts of Interest in China

And before anyone accuses me of "TDS" this is in direct response to another post in which Biden was blamed for Trump's failures and which accuses Biden of being in China's pocket without any evidence while there is real evidence that Trump personally benefited from a relationship with China while he was in office.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Ok, so whatever Trump says is always true, and he is innocent on all these issues and anybody/everybody who acts against is involved in vast conspiracy against him. This not only includes Democrats, but also some republicans, and even numerous govt employees/officials/aides that he hired directly and have now turned against him, including cabinet members and his own Attorney General.

Wouldn’t seem more plausible that Trump is actually guilty of some of the things he is accused of?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    You're confusing the resident Drumpf cultists with facts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Obama loses control if they insert Newsome? Will have to be someone else who is working in the WH or living with Barry unless they have some really good dirt on GN

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Biden should be the last Obama "disciple..." With some luck, but the problem is even the RINOs are in lockstep with the Dems on the NWO, and Newsome will try and give control or our sovereignty...borders and economy like the production of all fossil fuels to the UN, WEF et al..

People need to listen to these people like Klaus Schwab, in their own words, and believe them when they tell you EXACTLY WHAT THEY WILL DO ONCE THEY ARE IN POWER.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What's really sad and potentially bad news for Biden is that a significant number of Gen Z voters actually believe that that Tik Tok videos are accurate representations of reality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Do you honestly believe this stuff or are you just trolling?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I think I understand what you mean. As for the Afghan disaster, I agree we should lay that at Biden’s feet. However, I also think he should get credit for actually doing what Obama and Trump said they would do but never actually did. Even if it could have been accomplished with more tact (though I’m out of my depth on this issue).

As for the wars, I assume you are speaking of those not involving the US, such as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. I am of the mind that no one should be blamed for that except Russia. I assume you mean to say that a different president would have deterred it, but this isn’t really something we could prove. But more importantly, I think there is a problem with assigning culpability in this manner. Eg when a shooting takes place, we usually blame the shooter rather than the police, even though they didn’t thwart it. Lots of people feel guilt for their entire lives thinking “If I only did X, Y would have never happened”, and even if true, that doesn’t mean Y was their fault. Some crap just happens.

Also I want to reiterate that I am not suggesting that you vote for Biden. I doubt I will. I just want us to think about having standards that aren’t relative to the other guy. Admittedly, I very much employed this approach when I voted for Hillary in 2016, but I always felt regret for this. I voted for someone I didn’t really believe in, and I didn’t have to do that. I don’t want to do it again.

Anyway, thank you for the offered respect, and I hope that I have returned it. If you vote for Trump again, I’ll understand. I just hoped for you to give an honest look to my, certainly imperfect, perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  20. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    As to Afghanistan, Biden certainly has to accept some blame for what turned out to be a shit show. But I really struggle to think how it would have gone differently for Trump. Trump was pushing really hard to get out by the time he left. He wasn’t able to pull it off. Biden basically followed through with what Trump wanted to do.

I seriously doubt anybody would have foreseen that the Afghan govt would fold like a house of cards so fast. But in my mind that just affirms that what we were doing there was pointless. We had been there two decades and a greater armed military we stood up folded to a lesser manned but more determined Taliban.

For those that criticize Biden, what would they have done differently?

As to Ukraine, it is plausible that Russia doesn’t invade, because Zelensky wouldn’t have made noises about NATO with Trump in office because Trump was clearly pro Russian. Now Russia had been building up a presence on Ukraine border even while Trump was there but it accelerated after Biden took office and Zelensky became vocal about joining NATO.

Is that Biden’s fault?

As to Gaza, the pro Trump narrative is that during Trump years they were much harder on Iran money wise and there would have not been as much money to funnel to Hamas. Would that have made a difference in the Hamas attack and how much did Iran funding back it? That’s impossible to know.

With Israel I think the blame lies with them to the degree that they took their eye off the ball. They had much of their military resources redirected to facilitate the occupation of the West Bank and as a result didn’t have much left along the Gaza border.