Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Koch’s are backing Haley

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, Nov 28, 2023.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    He seems to be doing pretty well with gathering notable surrogates along the way. I think he will have people lining up to work for him, especially if he wins the popular vote on top of the electoral college. I bet he'll have more resumes hit his inbox than he did in 2016, tbh. When's the last time a Republican won the popular vote? Bush barely in 2004?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Koch backing aka the kiss of death in politics.

3. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Delulu 1000%

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Please tell me there's a site where I can get anywhere close to even odds betting that Trump won't win the popular vote. I made some good money on PredictIt in 2020 betting against morons who continued to put money on Trump being the President after he had already lost the election lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    We are obsessed because he is uniquely horrible. He is the prior president and the likely republican nominee.

He constantly reminds us how bad he is. Congress finally gets a real significant on the border, as well as aid to Ukraine, aid to Israel and Taiwan. Then Trump publicly opposes it because he thinks it will make Biden look good and of course republicans in congress back down.

He is absolutely awful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Haley is trolling Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/27/nikki-haley-taunts-trump-primary/

“So we got out there and we did our thing and we said what we had to say,” Haley told a crowd of supporters on Wednesday in North Charleston, S.C. “And then Donald Trump got out there and just threw a temper tantrum. He pitched a fit. He was insulting. He was doing what he does. But I know that’s what he does when he’s insecure. I know that’s what he does when he is threatened. And he should feel threatened without a doubt.”

Haley also reminded the audience that Trump had confused her with Nancy Pelosi, the former House speaker, during an appearance in New Hampshire over the weekend. She says politicians older than 75 should undergo mental competency tests — drawing a contrast between herself, 52, and the 77-year-old Trump, as well as with President Biden, 81.

She also struck at Trump’s unwillingness to debate his Republican rivals. She wants more than anything a one-on-one with the former president. “Bring it, Donald,” she said, taunting him. “Let’s see what you’ve got.”

• Like Like x 2
  9. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    If she had been willing to be as ballsy as Christie early on, she might have had a chance. But she's just a craven political operative trying to manage the shifting tides to her detriment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Biden is kicking butt and taking names for an "incompetent" person.

Not sure what your political lean is, but I think I hear this "two bad choices" crap a lot more from those who lean right than those who lean left.

I will pull the Biden lever with pride.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Some people recognized early on what a danger to America Trump would be, some realized it later, some are still learning and, sadly, some will never figure it out.

Let me make this super simple for you: ANYONE running for the office of US president should be subject to the strictest of scrutiny and potential issues with that person should be exposed. With Trump there were red flags all over His base, the poorly educated, didn't care.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    This is exactly what I've been saying she needs to get going and fast. Get him on a debate stage and just HAMMER HIM!

13. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    Because whether it be insufficient credit to buy a home or car, bad job history to be employed or criminal history, Trump fans have plenty of red flags of their own.

14. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    He will never do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    Then she should be getting ads calling him out.

The more he refuses, the more she should call him a chicken.

I think he would be easy to bait into it. He isn't very smart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL, I wonder why. Is it because Trump struggled so badly with NH independents? Apparently, NH independents despise Trump.

New Hampshire Party registration as of May 9, 2022[42]
    Party
    Total voters Percentage

Undeclared 330,466 37.95%

Democratic 275,220 31.61%

Republican 265,116 30.44%
    Total 870,802 100%

• Like Like x 1
  17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I am an independent, with a slight lean to the right. I try to be objective on issues, and I do my best to vote based on positions and not party affiliation. That said,I am strongly anti-MAGA.

I think Biden’s term has been adequate - not nearly as horrible as the right screams and not as wonderful as the left pleads. But, I also think he is too old to remain another 4 years. I also think that he’s not the right guy to heal the Country, which continues to suffer from the traumatic Trump years. We can argue fault for that, but just look at these boards - we remain deeply divided. Assuming Trump is in the ballot, Biden will get my vote — it’s an easy choice — but the vote is against Trump.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I tend to feel the same way. One thing to keep in mind is that a vote for Biden based on dislike or fear of a Trump presidency is just as valid as s vote for Biden based on strong positive feelings for Old Joe. Given the choice I would prefer Gretchen Whitmer or Gavin Newsom as the Democratic nominee and I would vote for Mitt Romney were he the Republican nominee. The reality is that none of them are even running for the presidential nomination of their party. Romney's political career is over and Newsom and possibly Whitmer will not be running until 2028.

As far as Nikki Haley is concerned politically she is a dead woman walking. If the Republicans allocated delegates proportionately like the Democrats she theoretically could remain viable for months. Given the modified winner-take-all that the Republican party uses to allocate delegates in most states under which a candidate who receives 50% plus one of the vote in a primary wins all of the state's delegates she will probably be mathematically eliminated before the end of March. In the 2008 Democratic primary campaign Hillary Clinton was able to hang around until June even though she lost most of the early primaries (New Hampshire being an exception) to Obama because under the proportional system of allocating delegates used by the Dems she was still able to compile delegates in primaries that she lost. Not so for Haley in this year's Republican primaries. I do think that Haley's continued attacks could hurt Trump in the general election by persuading the few Republicans that aren't members of the Cult of the Donald as well as independents that Trump is a really bad choice.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Nikki Haley crosses the Rubicon | Semafor

First, she’s saying more unambiguously that Trump is a loser, which is a relatively recent development. She launched her campaign around an aspiration to win the “popular vote” — a non-issue that sidestepped the topic of his state-based efforts to overturn the last election.

“With Donald Trump, Republicans have lost almost every competitive election,” she said in a Tuesday night speech in New Hampshire that enraged Trump. “We lost the Senate, we lost the House, we lost the White House. We lost in 2018. We lost in 2020, and we lost in 2022.”

Her attacks on his age, honesty, “unhinged” rants, and mental fitness all relate to this as well, because they offer an actual theory of why he loses: He’s a raging incompetent who upsets swing voters that Republicans need to win. The more she can bait him into making especially racist or nasty attacks, the easier it is to illustrate her point.

They also feed into the second, more potentially explosive, half of her argument that she brought up on Sunday: That Trump is primarily in legal trouble because of his own behavior — and it’s not the party’s job to bail him out as a result.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. enviroGator

Apr 12, 2007
    Here is a link past the pay wall - https://archive.is/V5BRF

Thanks i-boy!

• Like Like x 1