Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If we never met, I'd feel comfortable saying that.

2. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm not confident that I remember every single person who I may have ever been introduced to at a party before. In fact I'd say its more likely than not I probably don't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    I mostly agree with this. I went to a number of parties back in the day that no way I could tell you where it was, or who a lot of the people were that were there.

But I certainly could tell you the times I was alone in a room with a girl and there was any kind of intimate contact. And I remember the girls... just not specifics of the location or timing of some of the parties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    I had four parties in my apartment in 1986-87 in Gainesville. Each one had over 100-200 people, spilling outside the front and back doors. If someone was there, I'd have no reason to say who was or was not there. That's been over 30 years.

5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Tell me their name and show me a picture from that approximate period of time. I'll remember.

6. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    No. I’m truly sorry for your mother’s rape.

I have been falsely accused - corporate environment - of sexual harassment. I would trade one thousand of those for your mother’s experience because mine was emotional, professional but a rape is so many more things and worse.

Democrats timed this (especially Feinstein) and the rope-a-dope strategy looks like it will end in failure should the accuser decline to throw a punch with the Senate.

7. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    We’re you a member of a fraternity? If so, you remember every single person you met during every rush week?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Unless you have a photographic memory, I would guess that would be the case with almost everyone.

9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Nope.

10. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    In that case, you've got a much better memory for faces and names than I do - or don't get introduced to nearly as many people as I do.

I'd be quite surprised if you've never been approached by someone who very clearly seems to have met you before, but that you don't know from Adam. Because that definitely happens to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    You have a better memory than I do. There were several women that I have been with that I couldn't tell you their names or even recognize them today. It would be more of, yeah there was this party, got laid but don't remember her name. It was me, my name is Jane. Sorry don't remember you.

12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Putting names to faces isn't always easy, but I have a tremendous memory when it comes to recalling people I've met. I can usually remember one or the other, if not both.

13. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Congratulations on your perfect memory. Do you recognize that most people would not be able to state with 100% certainty if they had been at a party with someone else there?

14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Certainly. But I imagine that Mark Judge could say whether or not he knew the woman, especially considering she said that she bumped into him again at a later time. Yet, he hasn't denied meeting her/knowing her to my knowledge.

15. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    More from Mark Judge: "It's a good thing that feminism is teaching young men that no means no and yes means yes. But there’s also that ambiguous middle ground, where the woman seems interested and indicates, whether verbally or not, that the man needs to prove himself to her. And if that man is any kind of man, he’ll allow himself to feel the awesome power, the wonderful beauty, of uncontrollable male passion."

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    That is an extremely provocative statement in context of this situation... let's provide a link in support of this, or drop it, please. Thanks.

17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
  18. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Damn the Torpedoes! Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    The part that makes me wonder about all of this is that the Senator sat on the allegation until the hearing was basically over. And now the alleged victim comes forward, but doesn't want to testify after being invited to do so on Monday. This looks like a simple delay tactic to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Completely taken out of context. Here is the original article where Judge wrote that. It was a piece on a crime novels publisher.
    Here is the paragraph directly after the previously posted one.
    Hard Case Crime: the Beauty of Male Passion | www.splicetoday.com

Hard Case Crime

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1