Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    No need to interview the husband as any good husband will lie to defend their wife.

What other names? She claims she never told anyone until she described the incident without names to her therapist in 2012. So if all of sudden she starts naming names then she is lying. There is no other evidence.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    A claim from 30 years prior is meaningful.
    SCOTUS handling business today is not meaningful

Makes sense to me :rolleyes:

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    That was done by the FBI since Thomas was at DOE and EEOC, both Agencies of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government during the time of the accusations. That is within the FBI’s jurisdiction to investigate as it is the Federal Government, as it was not a local crime.

6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    No need to interview Kavanaugh then? Can't trust an accused attempted rapist to tell the truth, right?

The point of the interview is to press them and see if they are lying.

A person nominated to SCOTUS attempting to rape a woman is quite meaningful. Whether or not there's a ninth justice is not. SCOTUS can handle its business just fine with eight for now. If anything is deadlocked, they can pick it back up when the next justice is confirmed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    What was the crime that Anita Hill alleged Thomas committed?

8. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    The FBI does background checks, not vetting. Kavanaugh background file has been updated to reflect this accusation. The FBI cannot investigate it further as they have no authority to do so. They can turn it over to the reverent local law enforcement but the accuser cannot tell them who that is. As I pointed out earlier, if there is an accusation of a crime, the FBI turns the information over to the agency with jurisdiction.

Once again, show where in US Code or Law the FBI is allowed to conduct criminal investigation of a local crime when it comes to a SCOTUS Nominee. Still waiting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    good point, but press them on what? How many times they can say....I do not remember this party, I do not remember this woman, I would never do such a thing.

Has anyone even said that there is actual proof that these two knew each other at all?

All that has been said comes from her and that they both were attending school(different ones) during the same time period.

No one else has placed BK and MJ at this party. No one else even has said that there was a party at all.

10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Really? You don’t understand jurisdiction when it comes to the Federal Government?

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017

P.S. As I told you before, it would not be a criminal investigation. Just like Anita Hill's was not a criminal investigation.

12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    IIRC, neither BK nor MJ denied having ever met her. Seems like something you'd do if it were the case.

The point flew right over your head.

13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    @CaptUSMCNole
    If the FBI couldn't investigate it, don't you think that point would have been made already by somebody reporting on this? Instead, you have comments like this:
    Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI to investigate before she testifies at Senate hearing
    The FBI, however, isn't likely to conduct any investigation into the veracity of Ford's claims, unless the White House asks for it. Several current and former Department of Justice and FBI officials told NBC News that has always been the practice.

Or:
    Christine Blasey Ford Wants The Same Thing Anita Hill Got, An F.B.I. Investigation Into Her Claims

14. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    That happened at a Federal Agency. FBI had authority and jurisdiction there to invest her claims. It was not a local crime.

Still waiting for the US Code or Law to back up your claims.

15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    IT WASN'T A CRIME AT ALL. The FBI could investigate it because it was part of the background check done while vetting Clarence Thomas. JFC.

16. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    What part of it happened at a Federal Agency so the FBI could investigate it as it was within their jurisdiction to do so. They were the only agency that had jurisdiction there. They could not turn it over to anyone else. JFC.

17. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I’ll wait to see if any other DOJ or FBI officials agree with this report. If I am wrong, I’ll say so but I’d like to see the US Code that covers this situation.

18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    What are you talking about? The FBI does not normally investigate sexual harassment allegations. It has nothing to do with jurisdiction. They investigated it as part of Thomas' background check.

19. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    The FBI investigated the claims of sexual harassment as part of his background check since they happened at a Federal Agency. The accusation was made and the FBI had to follow up on the accusations themselves instead of turning it over to another agency because Federal Executive Agencies are within the FBI’s jurisdiction. If it had happened at the while at the Oklahoma state department of agriculture, the FBI would not likely have been the ones following up on the accusation. As they will not have any power to compell witnesses to talk to them to about an accusation as part of a background investigation.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1