Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Recall that I wrote off the Swetnick allegation after watching her interview and feeling that she didn't come off as credible. Have any of you been that open minded?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Kinsman. Rapeis.

Open minded?

Methinks not.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    As we pointed out before the investigation started, there is nothing to investigate since we have sworn statements from everyone named by Dr. Ford as being at the party. They all say they don't remember ever being at a party like that and 35 years later there is no physical evidence to find. The FBI has no power to force any of them to talk more about it. Kavanaugh's friends from the July 1st, 1982 party have been interviewed. Ms. Ramirez has been interviewed. What more do you want the FBI to do? Running around DC trying to find a Safeway's records are not going to change the fact that no one named by Dr. Ford remembers being at a party like she describes.

Judge ex-girlfriend was not at the party that Dr. Ford described. Her story is irrelevant to any of this as it all has to do with Mark Judge, not Brett Kavanaugh. Mark Judge is not being nominated to the SCOTUS.

Go back and re-read what I said prior to last Friday, it is the same thing I am saying now. The FBI is not going to be able to shed any light on this and any investigation that could be done would be done quickly because it would be all interviews, no gathering of evidence. I will say that I was surprised that the witness seemed more eager than I thought they would be to talk to the FBI.

You're upset that the FBI is not chasing down every story of Kavanaugh having too many beers or the conspiracy theories of Avenatti's clients.

If she lacks credibility now, it is not going to get any better once the FBI starts digging. There is enough info in the public square right now based on AP and CBS reporting to show she attempted to lodge a fraudulent claim in a lawsuit in the past. Not investigating her claims is probably a favor to her because she could easily ended up lying to the FBI and being charge for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So if there is nothing to investigate, why did they spend over a day with Judge? You figure that he just needed to read them the same 6 sentences over and over again?

5. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Wow, you really went out on a limb with that one. Nobody can question your objectivity now. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tell that to Doug Jones and Conor Lamb. Although they didn't win them all, the Democrats outperformed the polls in every special election since early 2017 including states and/or districts that Trump carried by large margins.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Pretty obvious leftists are trying to lynch Kavanaugh.

8. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Exactly. Or talk to anyone about the process.

9. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Yet …. there's no evidence she was ever assaulted, sexually or otherwise.

She may think she was …. and has contrived her story with help from her handlers ….. but it's quite likely she was never assaulted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So are we suppose to wait a month to see if there is a police report that backs up her account about something that she says Kavanaugh was not involved in?

11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    He is accused of lying under oath in his 2004 and 2006 confirmation hearings.

Brett Kavanaugh committed perjury by lying under oath during hearing, Senate Judiciary Committee Democrat says

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Also, if you pay someone to administer a polygraph, aren't you going to get the results you paid for?

13. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    You wanted them to talk to Judge, they to talked to Judge. What is your issue with it? It took too long?

14. Jbarrett1359

Jbarrett1359 Sophomore

Oct 27, 2008
    You practice selective belief, and that's ok. It is your right to do so. What I did was listen to what she said, listen to all the inconsistencies she had, listen to the people she says were there say they didn't know what she was talking about. Then I listened to a man get mad because him and his family are being dragged through the mud by the left mainly because they don't like him. If you go back and look, I said I would have been fine with any investigation if they had asked when they first learned of this. But they didn't because it didn't fit with the needs of the Dems. They sat on it until they were sure they had no other options to derail his nomination. Now that they have their investigation, all they want to do is cry about it not being enough. Then cry that it is happening to quickly. This is all a BS ploy to delay the vote.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Never been involved with one that was not required for employment so I cannot speak to that.

16. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Let us not forget the very astute observation Rachel Mitchell made in her memo in connection to the polygraph, that Dr. Ford had within a day of taking that polygraph, just lost her grandmother and had attended her funeral. Ms. Mitchell notes how inappropriate it would be to administer a polygraph to someone who was grieving. This is quite relevant here, for a host of reasons.

17. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    Most sexual assaults have no "evidence". It's mostly he said / she said.

That's why civil suits and other venues are important where circumstantial evidence and witness credibility matter.

All I'm saying is that it is important for women to have these outlets, and that it's incredibly unjust to claim those avenues are invalid.

In a case like this, where Kavanaugh repeatedly lied under oath, his credibility would be heavily under fire in a civil suit.

Obviously her story is weak because of her lack of memory of key items. A jury would have to weigh her weak story and inconsistent statements against the statements of someone who repeatedly lied to them. Who knows how that would go in a civil suit.

But we're not in a civil suit. We're trying to assess whether this man is fit for a lifetime appointment to the USSC. And he repeatedly lied under oath. Perhaps has a history of lying under oath back to hearings in 2004 and 2006.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's much further out on a limb than any of you have gone. If you're going to question someone's objectivity, you really shouldn't be less objective than them.

That's about as realistic as expecting jurors to follow all the jury instructions and judge a case solely on its merits.

If you pay a professional to administer a drug test, do you think they're going to give you the results you want?

Basically, you ignored his inconsistencies, dug deep for hers, and then are accusing me of practicing selective belief. And to top it all off, you opposed an investigation. You're making my point for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    So … has Ford been caught lying about this lie detector exam, etc? I guess this fits with her explanation for two front doors to her house …. just another lie?

Grassley asks for Kavanaugh accuser to hand over therapy notes, lie-detector test recordings

20. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    I hope that when this is all over with, Senator Feinstein will do the right thing and issue a formal apology to Judge Kavanaugh for all the hell she has put the Kavanaughs through during this ordeal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1