Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I think 2902(c) is actually prohibiting you from holding yourself out as being trained, experienced, or an expert (even if you are) unless you also hold a license, unless an exemption applies.

It’s the same general idea that even someone with a JD, an LLM, and an SJD can’t call themselves a lawyer unless they have also been admitted to the bar.

But as noted, 2909 appears to be an applicable exemption based on her job.

2. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Yeah, pretty standard, govt's don't want people holding themselves out in practice as something they are not licensed to do. Understandable.

NTL, although she didn't, she was well within the law and just a common obvious fact, to call herself a psychologist at the hearing. Everywhere I've been on university campuses psych folk call themselves psychologists, just as biologists call themselves biologists etc...

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Colorado 38, UCLA 16

Chip Kelly is an even bigger imposter than Christine Blasey Ford.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Depends... If it's 1991, it's "FBI reports are inconclusive," Judge Thomas is still guilty...

:D:D:D:D

Why do I have the feeling that even if you had an eternity to investigate Kavanaugh and the reports came back, inconclusive, you'd still think he did it?

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    FBI reports are always "inconclusive." They develop facts. They don't come to conclusions. That's a quote that many people (notably, Republicans on the SJC) took out of context and misrepresented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I'd certainly say that it marginalizes the value of FBI Reports...

It suggests that regardless of an FBI investigation, we won't likely know the truth...

Yet you guys keep pushing for this FBI investigation that buys you time to take back the Senate... Hmm... :cool:

7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It doesn't. Think of the Senators as the jury. The FBI report details the facts of the case. The FBI's job is not to weigh credibility or make recommendations on what the evidence shows. Instead, the report presents the Senators with the facts. The Senators, as the hypothetical jury, make credibility determinations and weigh the evidence. They come to the conclusions. That is the point Biden was making back then. And that's still the point today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    exhausting :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    One of the points of Biden's was also, presumably, that in spite of the lack of "damning" evidence in an FBI report, people were still free to believe that Thomas was guilty...

In other words, there's no way Kavanaugh wins with you guys with an FBI Report...

If it takes too long, he's out, if they find nothing, he's still guilty in your mind, if they find something, he's guilty in your mind...

You should consider yourself lucky that Flake is a spineless RINO... Republicans should have just held the Senate vote over the weekend... regardless of Harris and Booker's kicking and screaming... :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Yup. Just look at how Tilly's Chip Kelly Swamp Gas HoF thread is nearly 5x the size of this thread. o_O:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The point Biden was making (I posted the full video here back when the 1 minute clip started circulating) was that the Senators should keep an open mind and listen to the testimony instead of coming in having already decided the outcome. I don't know the background to why he discussed the FBI report. I can only venture a guess that some of the Senators were saying, "Look, the FBI says he's innocent (or guilty)."

I'd say that barring something exceptional, at least 96 Senators have already made up their minds.

If I were on the Senate, he wouldn't get my vote no matter what. While the allegations are still important at this point, I'd be a no based on the way Kavanaugh conducted himself at the hearing and his choice to lie under oath.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Thank You...

The fact that Flake is still "flakey" about this is a complete joke, IMO...

He had the power to end this... he chose not to...

That's the only reason Kavanaugh, his family, and Ford will likely endure another week of Hell....

• Like Like x 2
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I'm not sure Flake is Flakey on this one. This morning, he was going to vote yes. I think he's still a yes vote. My best guess is that Flake realized that it was going to be difficult to get 50. He wanted to give the four undecideds (Murkowski, Collins, Manchin, and Heitkamp) political cover. If the investigation turns up nothing, I'd guess at least 3 of the 4 vote to confirm. If the investigation turns up something, it will either force Kavanaugh to withdraw or give the Republicans a reason not to confirm him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    It recognizes based on the past that the FBI isn't the entity to draw such conclusions. Don't see it as "marginalizing" but setting a proper expectation

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    So you believe that Ford and her good friend who has no memory of any this was at a party together and she didn't notice her friend upset after the so called Kavanaugh assault? And you accused me of lying

16. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    We already know, it all started with the left

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    There a good people on both sides. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    This is why the investigation is a stall tactic by the left, because all of them think like you. It was never about the truth but about gaining control.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  19. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    There's no reason for you to suck up to me now, but thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe that most people 35 years after the fact don't remember most things that happened in parties they went to... because of time, impact of alcohol on memory, and fact that most things that don't impact you personally aren't kept around in the memory banks.

I don't recall accusing you of lying. Even in the short term, things that aren't that meaningful to a person aren't stored. Whatever I posted to you just wasn't that meaningful to me.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that 35 years from now, neither of us will remember this conversation, let alone anyone in this thread who also observed it. Obviously that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

But if what ever I posted to you was so traumatic that for you it was like two much bigger guys shoving you into a room, locking the door, turning up the music while one of them starts grinding on you and trying to take off your clothes, then covering your mouth with his hand when you try to call for help, to the point you're afraid you might get suffocated, and all that gets seared into your head, then you probably will remember parts of this conversation. And still, none of your Too Hot friends will remember, because it just didn't mean that much to them. ;)