Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Will be interesting to watch the Republicans react to the FBI Kavanaugh investigation compared to the Trump investigation. I suspect their opinion will depend on the results.

(Not every pub).

2. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    You can't possibly entertain the idea that a privileged teen athlete at a private school whose best friend bragged about his own and his friend's exploits in a book and where his own references in his yearbook undercut the squeaky clean image he now wants to present, might have attempted to rape a girl, or maybe even quite regularly at their many parties might have engaged in various forms of forceful or drug/alcohol induced sexual behavior?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    My guess is the same folks screaming that Ford a liar etc...probably accept as absolute fact that Jameis Winston raped the fellow FSU student.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    An indefinite investigation into an allegation with no concrete date or location, where the woman’s corroborating witnesses are under oath as failing to corroborate her allegation. Sure, there is probable cause to do a further investigation, right? Oh, and let’s expand it to the entire summer where maybe something else can pop up and we can investigate further. After all, there were no politics in the timing of when this allegation was made, right? And loads of proof too, just none of that proof supporting the victim’s story. But we must search, since she would never lie under oath or be mistaken. Her coroborating witnesses could definitely be mistaken, just not her.

I am sure you have never scorned a woman or got on her bad side, right? If a woman believes you have ruined their life, which I think that Ford believes Kavanaugh ruined her life, that woman would not go scorched earth on your ass to take you down? Her life was affected by Kavanaugh in her mind, so she was returning the favor.

In the me too climate, the victim shaming isn’t nearly as bad as it has been in the past. Olivia Munn got an extra’s scene removed from the movie “The Predator” just for the extra being a registered sex offender. Not due to any alleged misbehavior on set, but just due to him being a sex offender. The pendulum is swinging to the point where the stigma for sexual assault victims is lessening, just like the stigma from being homosexual.

5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fair question, probably why McConnell is meeting with the objecting senators now.

6. creekgator

creekgator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Time for investigators Strzok and Page..what a travesty

7. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Legend

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Let’s see. One immediately went to the police and reported the incident. When she saw the perpetrator in her class the next semester, she left immediately after getting his name and told the police. But completely the same, right?

Versus Ford, who went up to one of her attackers where he worked and carried on a conversation with him like nothing happened. No fear of him, no anger, no big scene, just quietly and calmly talking to the guy who helped rough her up like nothing happened. Quite a contrast from her being scared for her life, right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. philobeddoe

philobeddoe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Isn't that where she partied after HS …. until she figured out that she wanted to have a career?

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not just a private school but an all-boys Catholic school. Can't imagine any sexual repression involved that might need an outlet. And of course such schools also are breeding grounds for the Church's priests, so many of whom seem to know what boofing is

• Like Like x 1
  10. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't be bringing sports into Too Hot now!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    So what is her motivation? Or the multiple other women?

12. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    No *evidence* other than her allegation that it was rape rather than consensual. But yet it was assumed he raped her.

In any case, when folks start being more honest about addressing why it is common for women not to come forward then the arguments about why the incident with Ford should not preclude him from being confirmed then they'll be on more defensible grounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Couldn't resist. Sorry. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I don't believe she said she saw it 10 times.

I believe she said she attended at least 10 parties with him.

I don't have the statement in front of me but there's a big difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Given her testimony, certainly. One thing the FBI can determine right off the bat, for example, is exactly when and for how long Mark Judge worked at Safeway. What if he didn't work there at all, eh? They've got her for perjury.

Senator Flake, who was instrumental in getting this delay, has stated he will agree to one week max for the investigation. But even that is too much to ask, eh? This discussion is pointless.

16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I’m guessing most of you guys who fear women have limited to no experience with them. Take it from those of us who interact with them - they aren’t that scary.

• Like Like x 2
  17. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    Motivation to party? I guess to have a good time, get buzzed, find a guy ......... or girl ....... or maybe both?

18. philobeddoe

Apr 11, 2007
    The worst thing that can happen to Ford is the FBI confirm she’s a “flake”. There will be no charges of perjury.

19. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Robert Shapiro would disagree.

20. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    You're right. She didn't. She described various behaviors BK and MJ allegedly engaged in at ten or so parties and that she was gang raped at one of them.

Here's her declaration laying out her claims.

Click on the .jpg

• Agree Agree x 1