Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    So your argument hinges on the idea that Judge might corroborate something on Ford’s behalf, even though he has already submitted a sworn statement to the JC that exonerates Kavanaugh? I think that’s a pretty long reach.

2. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    Equally however many millions spent opposing him.

SUPREME COURT: LCV launches $200K campaign opposing Kavanaugh

Planned Parenthood Launches New Campaign to Derail the Kavanaugh Nomination

Crowdfunding campaign raises $1.3M urging Collins to vote against Kavanaugh

3. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Flake statement:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He did not "exonerate" anything, he says he's can't remember (possibly due to being drunk), and as an alcoholic and cancer survivor he's too fragile to answer questions. They are hiding him based on this supposed fragility.

The guy doesn't need to be dragged in front of the committee, but as an alleged principal to the incident shouldn't he at least have to answer questions rather than send in a letter through his lawyer? Aside from the obvious questions about the incident (which he will of course deny being able to recall), he could be asked what "Devil's Triangle" and "Boof" meant to him. They should have already asked this guy what those terms meant separately from Kavenaugh or unbeknownst to Kavenaugh. Think they would have told the same lie?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I think there's a lot more people that believe his story than hers but you are correct by tomorrow afternoon we should see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I don't see where he attacked the victim at all, looks like he was just pointing out the obvious

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Yeah, lets do yet another circus to detrrmine what 'is' is, and what 'boof' and 'devils triangle' must objectively mean, for the mere titilation of the pathetic, pitiful left... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    You may be right. He has himself pretty well locked in.

There is also the issue of Judge's girl friend reportedly asking to come forward. May well make it very tough on Judge.

Regardless, another nominee should be put forward. There are plenty of qualified conservative judges. We don't need to press forward with someone who repeatedly lied to the committee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I appreciate this sentiment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
  12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    An obvious problem with going after K for perjury is that things like anal intercourse, what to call a threesome, etc., are not subjects that politicians are anxious to debate in public. American politics have sunk low enough as it is. Who wants to get down in the gutter with the judge on this stuff?

13. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    All which was created by your party the left

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    To be clear, nobody is asking for any further deliberation on the meaning of those terms or the other terms or witness statements he intentionally lied about.

All that need be done is recognize that he repeatedly lied to the committee under oath, and treat his nomination accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    That is a complete assumption on your part, it may be true but I would almost guarantee that some of his friends were there would have told him if he did something stupid like that. History is more believable than her story she should get an Academy Award for her performance

16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not surprising at all. In his statement Senator Flake has more or less confirmed what I stated in a post a few days ago, specifically, in determining whether or not to confirm Brett Kavanaugh the Committee will use a standard of proof similar to that required for a guilty verdict in a criminal proceeding. That being the case, Christine Blasey Ford's testimony, in and of itself and even if completely accurate, wouldn't meet that standard. In other words even before yesterday's hearing the Republican majority's decision to confirm Kavanaugh's nomination was virtually a foregone conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Neither are my party.

The real shame is partisans who can't see the pain caused both families here, by both parties, in this overly partisan divisive political environment.

18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007

...bc you disagree with what he thinks 'boof' n 'devil's triangle' mean... :rolleyes:

I had nit heard either when i was in HS.

Devil's triangle was an area in the atlantic, and 'boof', a non word. Maybe buff, but even that had various meanings.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  19. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    I don't think you need witnesses for that. The members are perfectly able to decide whether they think Kavanaugh's answers to those questions are credible.

20. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    This will be big for any pubs on the fence:

The prosecutor, Rachel Mitchell, spoke at an overnight meeting where all 51 Republican senators were present, two people briefed on the session said.

“Mitchell spelled it out and was clear with senators that she could not take this anywhere near a courtroom,” one source told Fox News. She told them she would not charge the Supreme Court nominee and reportedly said she wouldn't even seek a search warrant.

• Like Like x 1