Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    so no police, no jails, no courts? grow a pair

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Kavanaugh claimed that the four witnesses said the party didn't happen. The four witnesses did not say that. Kavanaugh just lied under oath.

Does it rise to perjury? No. But he's purposefully misrepresenting the facts.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Okay. She’s fos bc it’s about regret. Got it. Explains a lot why women don’t come forward

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    And we know this for sure just....How????? Because we want it to be it never happened and he who stomps and screams loudest, and most indignantly is right, or we have definitive proof that it never bleeping happened? If you can't prove something never happened, then by definition there is no proof that it never happened, thus, we don't know.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    So you were there?

• Like Like x 1
  6. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    That misrepresentation has happened on here too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    This isn't going well for you, is it?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Huh?

9. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's going as I expected. What's humorous to me is that none of you conservatives are complaining about the grandstanding anymore. It's almost like you don't care when the Republicans do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Until about 30 mins ago I'd seen no footage of any of his nomination. politics, law etc. aside, he seems like a total little bitch. Not a dude I'd wanna have a beer with & not just cuz he can't hold his liquor.

He's like a grown up version of Spader's Pretty in Pink character.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
  11. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I'll say it again, (most of) the males on the Dem side of this are acting like buffoons. And I'm a Dem.

But Kavanaugh is a liar about what went on in high school because it validates her charges and gives credence to her otherwise circumstantial story. So at best he's between a rock and a hard place. But that may be enough to get him confirmed because Feinstein has unclean hands and the Pubs are furious with her, she should be removed as ranking member as soon as the gavel comes down later this afternoon.

And as a federal judge he absolutely knows that a statement by Judge's lawyer about Judge's memory pales by comparison in probative value to live testimony with cross examination.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RayGator

RayGator Administrator Emeritus

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    I did see this. Had to get some stuff done at home. Absolutely no way were they gentle with Kavanaugh! Not at all. And it showed right in front of all of us how far Left some of these Democrats have gone. You’d think their goal is to get us to be like the old Soviet Union. In the U.S. where one is Innocent until they are proven Guilty, for them it is up to the One being charged to prove themselves Innocent. Sen. Durban kept pressing for Judge Kavanaugh to ask the FBI for an investigation! That’s not up to Kavanaugh, not at all! Sen. Durbin and the Committee could have done so. Besides Kavanaugh has been through several FBI Investigations already. He’s innocent, up to Durbin and others to prove him guilty.

And probably the most sad thing is what Kavanaugh’s family has had to endure in this process. I think it will certainly give pause to anyone else who may be nominated for a Supreme Court Justice, or any other high appointment in the Government, to accept a position when they still have a family at home and they are a Mom or Dad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. RayGator

RayGator Administrator Emeritus

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    As long as it’s NOT spicey. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    Agree he seems to be lying or evasive about how much fun he had in high school. I guess the thing that gives me pause on him is the overwhelming support he has received from everyone around him from those years. So there are a few people that apparently had an issue with him that came forward to criticize him while there are dozens more that say that this isn't him. That and nobody Ford cites as being at the party remember it nor was the house's supposed location anywhere near any of them. Whose house was it? Ford sounds very credible, but otherwise there is a lack of corroboration IMO.

15. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    No I’m just using common sense.

This guy was a party animal in HS and College. You don’t get in the “Ralph” club and never blackout. Multiple sexual references in his yearbook that he just lied about. He was a good looking, smart privileged white jock - use your brain. He clearly had sex in HS.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yea, I had no idea about that. That's sad that they accepted that.

17. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    So every smart, good looking, privileged white kid had sex in high school?

18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    LOL. I love Hirono telling him to be quiet when he tried to ramble on to run out the clock.

19. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Hirono is wasting her time asking about what his roommate said. Was obvious he was going to refer her back to the confidential portion of his interview transcript (like he did every other time someone mentioned it).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    The only part I complained about Dems today was when Booker characterized Ford's polygraph as "very intrusive", lol. He certainly has the #1 "C'mon mayne..." moment of the day, but he's not done yet.