Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Why are some here shocked at how angry he is? These are personal attacks against him that is affecting him and his family. On top of that, his future is potentially ruined by this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    All he needed to do is to give his side political cover. Anything else is gravy. The Feinsteins were never going to be turned. Ford is the political cover for her side.

And world turns just the same as it did before, for good or bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    It's the mixed-bag of having a lawyer as a witness: they know very well the rule of don't answer a question that wasn't asked.

She's largely asking questions that can be answered with a one word answer, and he's giving one word answers when she does.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    If he was falsely accused he has every right to display his emotions and call out those leading the effort to impugn his name and effect his family

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Ah, the I've never passed out drunk, just gone to sleep angle. That's a good one.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    CBS is trying to spin this as him being too emotional. They said "there is a reason why you don't put a defendant on the stand".

7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

He couldn't be more concise in his answers.....not sure what you're watching

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    For a guy that judges others, he sure doesn't seem to handle being judged all that well.

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  9. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I liked the "this is revenge of the Clintons". That one is going to play very well with the base.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Yeah it's really going to sell in the mid-west that you could be subject to allegations if you like to drink beer and fall asleep

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

Judge on the facts is all he's saying.....and he has a right to be mad for being judged on anything less

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    I will say it again, he had a perfect opportunity to make her the fool. When DiFi asked him about an FBI investigation he should have fired back why did you sit on the accusation for 6 weeks? Why didn't you ask me about the accusations when you had them in your hand the whole time?

13. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Oh, I am not shocked at how angry he is, if it were me, I'd be out of my mind. It's just this doesn't seem like the appropriate place or way to demonstrate it. He's a judge. Keep it together, handle your business, get back to the hotel room, and then go nuts.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  14. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    If you were in his place and assuming you were innocent, I am pretty sure you wouldn't be happy with the process either or the tone of the earlier hearings. There is a reason why fewer and fewer talented people are running for public office.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I don’t blame him for being angry, I would probably be as well.

But his self-righteous anger in testifying today runs very closely akin to the belligerent drunk some have painted him to be. He’s very close to crossing the line from being indignantly outraged to confirming the portrayal of some as to what he was like as a youth when he drank.

Also seems to me like he’s also somewhat playing to the President here. I think Trump would dump him by dinner time if he was “bad TV”. May be easier for him to get confirmed than it is to get to the vote itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

He said from the start that they may beat him with the votes but he is not going down without a fight. He clearly explained how and why it was made personal and he's acting accordingly.

Good for him

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Phony accusations aside, That's what his judicial history would indicate. But since the JC Dems couldn't find anything in his rulings to hang him on, they created this mess!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I think you also have to consider that he can't possibly be overlooking that Thomas effectively saved his own nomination with this:

"Second, and I think a more important point, I think that this today is a travesty. I think that it is disgusting. I think that this hearing should never occur in America. This is a case in which this sleaze, this dirt was searched for by staffers of members of this committee, was then leaked to the media, and this committee and this body validated it and displayed it in prime time over our entire Nation. How would any member on this committee or any person in this room or any person in this country would like sleaze said about him or her in this fashion or this dirt dredged up and this gossip and these lies displayed in this manner? How would any person like it? This is a circus. It is a national disgrace."

• Like Like x 1
  19. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Doesn't make it right. Like I said, he has every reason on earth to be majorly pissed, but he's got to hold it together in this setting, that's just what I'm saying.

20. gatorpika

Sep 14, 2008
    Now CBS is saying he shouldn't be confirmed because he would be prejudiced against progressive causes after this shit show. No acknowledgement that he made a strong statement, just freaking spin.

• Agree Agree x 1