Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    She did not name him to her therapist by name . :

12. Ford’s therapist’s notes of the incident don’t match her current version of the story.

Ford says Kavanaugh pinned her down and attempted to take off her bathing suit; in the room also, she said, was his friend, Mark Judge. Ford first told this story in 2012 — about 30 years later — to her therapist during couples therapy. The therapist’s notes from that session don’t name Brett Kavanaugh and also report Ford said four men were in the room. Ford says the discrepancy is the fault of the therapist.

12 Reasons to Question the Truthfulness of Kavanaugh's Accuser

2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Show me proof not indirect innuendos.
    There were in the same area at the same time as teens is not proof. She mentioned an incident to a therapist but did not name anyone is not proof.
    She told her husband....that is not proof. Most husbands would lie to protect their wives.

Until actual proof can be provided, and I don't think it can 30 years later. Both parties should be treated equally.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Posts like this are exactly why the metoo movement came to be.

4. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Feinstein forwarded it to the FBI last Thursday. After sitting on it for two months.

She sat on it until the hearings were over so that it couldn’t be timely addressed and she could create further delay by going “oh, we can’t possibly vote now, we have to deal with this matter that I learned of months ago but didn’t think merited mentioning to anyone for eight weeks.”

You’d have to have fallen off the turnip truck yesterday to think that wasn’t intentionally calculated to try to create a timing problem for the GOP out of something that, on its merits, almost certainly wouldn’t have gone anywhere if timely raised.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Are both parties not being treated equally?

Presuming that both of them testify, there is no requirement to treat their testimony as equal, if for example, one appears credible, the other does not.

6. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    My thing is this. If this is so important to come out now, why wasn't important enough to come out over the past 30 years?

Where was she when he became a federal judge?
    state judge?
    county judge?
    a lawyer?
    When he worked for the govt?

7. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Has anyone checked out her social media accounts to see what kind of potential left wing crazy they're dealing with?

8. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Merrick Garland says quit boo hooing. :)

9. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
  10. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    see post 261

She deleted them before coming forward.

3. Deleted her public social media accounts before revealing herself.

As The Washington Post reported, Ford deleted all of her public social media before she came forward, making it difficult to see the advocacy and partisanship she was engaged in the time leading up to her making her allegation public. Of course, Ford may simply value her privacy, but the act of deleting her public postings will inevitably make some wonder what she didn’t want seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I don't fault them for doing it, but the GOP's reaction needs to be to either 1) ignore it and bulldoze over the manufactured controversy or 2) pull Kavanaugh and nominate the single furthest right federal appellate judge under the age of 60 that they can find as a replacement nominee.

As I said above, nominating Kavanaugh was a pretty good showing of good faith by the Trump administration - he's the very definition of a mainstream conservative jurist and would have been a likely nominee for any GOP president. If the Dems want to play dirty and not return the good faith, stop trying to play even kind of nice and put up someone who will create a huge shift to the right on the Court.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Assuming that she isn't lying, there is shame and fear that psychologically prevents speaking up about things like this. Heck, rape and sexual assault have been found to be the most under-reported of all serious crime besides child abuse.

13. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    You honestly believe a far right candidate would make it through the appointment process?

14. 96Gatorcise

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    I understand all of that but the timing is suspect and that could be more to blame on Finstein.

Give her her day to testify, ask her if she has proof more then her story. If not. Say thank you and get on with the vote.

15. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Reportedly the woman wanted to stay private, Feinstein didn’t even tell other dems the details. The question will be what changed in the last week.

My concern with the tone of this thread and why I am playing devils advocate a bit, is that it seems to be about everything but the possibility that the woman is telling the truth. Politics, Kavanugh’s innocence, timing etc. As I mentioned above, without taking about any one post specifically, the tone here is exactly why the #metoo movement exploded with such ferocity the way it did.
    Hear the woman out, then let’s decide what to think. If she is a fraud it will be clear pretty quickly. And Feinstein can speak to why she delayed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    I would wager it showed a huge lefty activist and trump hater.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    If the left is going to pretend that anyone to the right of Breyer is the devil incarnate (and apparently they are), I don't think they would be too much harder to confirm than anyone else apparently will be.

Stated differently, if we're going to have to face a Thomas-esque confirmation battle anyways, let's get a Clarence Thomas out of it and not a John Roberts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    There is no statute of limitations on felony sexual assault in Maryland.

19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    yes, one thing you can count is that some people are looking for every possible to way to discredit her

20. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Oh I hear you and don't necessarily disagree wit your take. I just don't see how someone further to the right would prevail.

I mean, it's possible, of course, but I don't believe probable.