Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh Hearing

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by ursidman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    To hell with it. If this is the way they want to oppose Kavanaugh, move on.

Pull Kavanaugh, nominate Barrett tonight, have McConnell come out tomorrow and say that further Committee hearings are unnecessary given that they were held less than a year ago when she was confirmed to the Seventh Circuit, and move to discharge the Judiciary Committee from considering the nomination. Pass the discharge motion and put the nomination on the floor calendar for an executive session vote later this week.

I’m moderately pro-choice and am fairly confident she would probably overturn Roe, which is certainly not ideal. But if the Democrats want to play stupid games, I’m not going to shed too many tears over them winning stupid prizes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    What a $hit show

3. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    This thread is just downright depressing. The Senate should buy the National Enquirer, if they haven't already.

4. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Biggest irony of such a scenario is that Kavanaugh would likely not have overturned Roe v. Wade from my understanding...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    One thought....would the GOP maybe make the appointment during a lame duck session given the shenanigans that went on here? I know it's not normally done, but I don't think there is anything preventing it. Could be wrong though. There would be screaming from the left, but effectively they don't have much of a leg to stand on given their behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    You picked the wrong publication. The National Enquirer specializes in “catch and kill” if Trump wants them to.

8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    According to the link, nothing and nobody, suggests that this claim is true...

We'll continue to await more details, but so far, that isn't much...

9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    I know its not about justice!!! I've pointed that out many times in this thread.

But pointing fingers at just one side is b.s. Both sides are playing politics with zero regard for justice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    They could if they wanted to go through a full traditional nomination process. Dems’ hopes are that if they can get it there Flake will refuse to vote to confirm anyone in the lame duck session, but the possibility is at least there.

At this point, I’m pretty sure a lot of the GOP base would be okay - or even happy - with them ramming a nominee through in a few days without seeking a committee report at all if it’s someone who has been fairly recently confirmed to another position though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The link names the accuser and what she says he did.

12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    At this point, let them scream...

They wanted to be this difficult with Kavanaugh... playing ridiculous games...

Fine... Good luck accusing Barrett of sexual assault...

Now you have an actual Anti-Abortion Supreme Court Justice.... Congratulations... :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    With everyone present and who knew them both allegedly denying it...

Nothing to go on, dude...

14. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy

Apr 3, 2007
    Feinstein is not the sole cause of political manipulation with this nomination.

The Pub leaders of the committee held back virtually all of Kavanaugh's records from when he worked for Starr and for the GW White House, going against precedent for past nominations in those situations including Kagan most recently.

And as just pointed out, when this latest accusation came up, their immediate response is to push a vote thru, rather than to get to the bottom of it.

Both sides have been playing politics the whole way, and I disagree with both. I've never agree with Feinstein's approach, but the problem is that you don't seem to care that its occurring on both sides. You're only looking at the one side you disagree with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    That's not political games as it pertains to sexual assault, however... Separate issue...

Feinstein politicized sexual assault.... She used sexual assault allegations against the wishes of the victim who provided her with that information as a club to beat her political opponents with...

Feinstein is responsible for this whole sexual assault saga...

Why can't you say that?

I agree Republicans have been playing politics and grandstanding, too...

but as it pertains to this particular saga... this falls squarely on the shoulders of Feinstein...

I don't see how you can possibly deny that...

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Avenatti says he represents a third woman accuser. Also in public. With two accusers and it looks like a third, it is time for a real investigation by law enforcement. “Nothing to go on” doesn’t cut it now. The nation cannot afford a sexual predator on the Supreme Court. The article quotes a White House spokesman saying that everyone there denies the second incident. Excuse me if I want to hear from witnesses and not rely on the White House for anything truthful. This is starting to look like Cosby.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. gatorpika

gatorpika GC Hall of Fame

Sep 14, 2008
    That's a pretty weak deflection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Kavanaugh may be responsible. This Needs to be investigated. Feinstein received the initial complainant’s information from the complainaint’s Congresswoman.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You mean Stormy Daniels' attorney, Avenatti...

Yeah... not a political hit at all, dude...

Completely unbiased source...;)

20. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Due process was never in the window.

Sounds like a good reason to investigate it.

• Agree Agree x 1