Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Kavanaugh had a bad steak dinner at Morton’s.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by jjgator55, Jul 9, 2022.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    From the team that changed the rules of SCOTUS appointments midstream to get their result then complain about the rumble of changing rules to appoint more justices.

I can’t wait for November. Polls are pointing to a possible update in the senate which could lead to a packed court. I’ll copy and paste the above for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    This type of BS hurts the business and employees.

All so someone can say, gotcha.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Harry Reid implemented the nuclear option for most judicial appointments. McConnell just expanded that to SCOTUS picks. Harry Reid set the table, and now you're crying.

Packing the Supreme Court would effectively destroy the institution. That would be Democrats taking their ball and going home because the Supreme Court became an obstacle rather than a tool. That would be proving my point more than anything.

Best of luck, buddy. You'll need it in November.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    It’s only a matter of time. The institution is destroyed. Maybe not November but it’s coming.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    When all traditional values, norms, and institutions have gone to Hell because you thought you were better than them, don't look to the sky or a higher power for answers, look in the mirror.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Dude, you voted for Trump. You have no business accusing others of contributing to the decline of values, norms and institutions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    You may want to look inward for once and maybe stop pointing the finger.
    Helpful hint to finding happiness.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

At least I criticized Trump when he demonstrated a lack of respect for institutions.

You guys are actively pushing to destroy institutions because you didn't get your way.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Agreed. The institution has already been tarnished. Might as well pack it at this point.

11. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Was this you on the morning of November 4th, 2020?

12. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Becoming clear that some are ok with what ever means leads to the end THEY want.

Same group who could just look at Nick Sandman and tell he was an arrogant trouble maker who deserved to be dragged through the mud.

Same group who thought accusations with no support where I’m to drag Kavanaugh through the mud

Same group is ok with SC judges being harassed and protested in public.

Same group is ok with interstate travel being halted by protestors, small businesses being closed due to Occupiers, and autonomous zones being set up in cities.

At some point both sides have to realize that civility needs ..must be maintained and that Americans need to address their grievances through elections, both local and federal.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    That’s certainly a valid argument. From my perspective the institution is already destroyed. It is simply a third political branch, filled with appointed politicians who argue for their party using various abstract legal arguments. The arguments are cherry picked to get to a preferred outcome for a particular party.

Of course publicly badgering justices is typical for Democrats. Republicans vote and manipulate the system to their advantage, and democrats protest and interrupt peoples dinner. Having said that, I have zero sympathy for these justices. They’ve asserted themselves as unelected politicians, basically making law from the bench. As they are doing that, they are otherwise insulated from the public and have no accountability to the people they are in effect ruling. The fact that they feel discomfort as a result of their actions gives me no sympathy for them. But it is a step towards anarchy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Maybe you should be telling this to 715, since he was the one who is pointing the finger. I only commented on his hypocrisy.

15. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I read exactly what you said and that’s exactly what came across. You’re saying that if I’m okay with people peacefully protesting outside a restaurant then I need to be okay with the other SCOTUS members being protested by violent people on the right. That’s convoluted thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You’re saying there’s no bounty, and you’re lying if you say there isn’t. I’m saying there is and I literally posted links to the Texas law using taxpayer dollars to pay it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nonsense.

18. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No, this was him.[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Aww
    A man found not guilty by a jury of his peers. BUt… it didn’t have your preferred outcome so… attack,attack,attack… seems to be the MO

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Perfect answer by the Transportation Secretary

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1