Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Judge orders Trump to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by StrangeGator, Feb 16, 2024.

1. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    He claims he has it but his lawyers won't let him pay. Entirely believable. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Guyz. Obviously Trump is adding the “brand value” to his cash balances. You just don’t understand accounting practices that allow you to inflate cash balances depending on the time of day or how much money one feels should be there.

Right now he’s just waiting on the lawyers and an auditor to sign off on his proper cash balance amount. As soon as the audit is completed he’ll pay in cash faster than anyone has ever seen before. Believe me.

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/22/trump-could-net-3-billion-from-dwac-social-media-merger-vote.html

Shareholders in Digital World Acquisition Corp. voted Friday to approve a merger with Donald Trump’s social media company, a deal that could net the former president an eventual windfall of $3 billion or more.

The vote by DWAC shareholders comes about 2½ years after the so-called special purpose acquisition company announced plans to merge with Trump Media & Technology Group, the private firm that owns the Truth Social app platform.

It also comes as Trump faces the possibility that New York Attorney General Letitia James on Monday will start trying to collect on a massive $454 million civil fraud judgment against him.

Shares in the newly combined company, Trump Media, could begin to be publicly traded next week under the stock symbol DJT, Trump’s initials.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I would be doing everything I could to avoid having to pay it as well. It's obviously a politically motivated, banana republic-esque malicious ask.

For some perspective, here's the highest bond in history. Charged with murder and had already skipped bail once:

In 2003, Robert Durst found himself in a jail cell with a grand total of 3 billion dollars over his head. The court set his bail this high not only because of the nature of his crimes but also because he was considered a flight risk. He had already jumped bond once before. His bail did not stay at 3 billion for long as the court soon ruled it to be unfair and used as an instrument of oppression.

Durst was the heir of a real estate company that his father built and was convicted of many crimes, one of them being for the murder of Susan Berman. He is also considered a suspect in his wife’s disappearance. Along with these, he has a firearm charge and other violent charges.

https://aezoutbailbonds.com/highest...est Bail Amount,billion dollars over his head.

______
    (Court TV) -- At $3 billion, Robert Durst's bail was the highest ever set in Texas. Now it's just a memory.

On Tuesday, a Texas appeals court lowered the bail to $450,000, or $150,000 for each of three felony counts he faces in connection with the death of his elderly Galveston neighbor in September 2001.

Although the New York real estate heir was acquitted last year of murdering 71-year-old Morris Black, he has been in custody since February 2004 on one charge of bond jumping and two of tampering with evidence.

"These amounts were so excessive, no one could meet them, not Durst and not any of the bail companies," Justice Wanda Fowler wrote in the majority decision. "This is an example of bail being used as an instrument of oppression."

CNN.com - Court lowers $3 billion bail for Durst - Aug 26, 2004

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This is a false analogy. The right to bail is embodied in constitutional principles to allow a criminal defendant- remember, innocent until proven guilty—the right to be free until trial and help prepare his defense, all while securing his attendance at trial.

Trump has a civil judgment. He lost. According to the law, he must post security equal to the judgment (plus an additional sum to account for insurance). He doesn’t have to posy security to secure his freedom, he is obliged to post security only to stop executing on a judgment which he already lost. The bond is to protect the plaintiff, who already won, against the losing taking steps to liquidate or hide assets, as well as having to wait to collect on the assets.

Putting it slightly different, the bond is necessary to protect a winning plaintiff against —using your words— a losing defendant “doing everything [he] could to avoid paying” the judgment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Someone really didn't compare a bail bond to a civil verdict bond, did they? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You do know that Trump has been investigated by several agencies and the congress for several years... spending million of dollars and have yet to find some sort of fraud. Maybe you should rethink your position on that "legal" detail.

Or... you think this very partisan group of haters in New York discovered something that NO other legal entity in the ENTIRE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA COULD FIND BEFORE.

LMFAO! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Good Lord man, do you even pay attention to what you post? It is laughable that even a cultist does not know of the fraud, and legal cases resulting in millions in penalties vs Trump. How about start with Trump Univ, then try the Trump Foundation. But Rick we will say you're consistent. LOL

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Your ability to defend Trump is slipping by the minute. I'm starting to worry about you

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't believe Congress investigated Trump for fraud, just impeached him twice for extorting Ukraine to announce a bogus investigation of Biden and for fomenting a violent insurrection when he lost the election by a landslide.

Trump's business practices were found to be fraudulent in a civil court. It was inevitable for him to face the consequences at some point. I mean, he bragged about how he never paid taxes because of huge business losses, yet claimed to be very successful. The fact he can't put up the money enforces the fraud, his organization looks a lot like a Ponzi scheme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm so glad you went there... I have something for you. Your timing is impeccable. I just read this and watched the video.

BREAKING: Hunter Biden was Involved with CIA in Ukraine – Led to Trump-Russia Lies and Deep State Assault on Trump – Mike Benz Video

Here is the transcript from the video on X.

Mike Benz: I just have to break this down in a video to make it perfectly plain and clear to people what’s happening with Hunter Biden and the CIA. Why was I saying a year and a half ago that the reason Hunter Biden is untouchable by the Justice Department is because he was part of a CIA operation. Multiple ones, actually.

You have to understand what’s going on here. Let me just give you a dozen data points on Hunter Biden CIA. The first thing is, Hunter was on the Chairman’s Advisory Board of the National Democratic Institute, the NDI. The NDI is the DNC wing of the National Endowment for Democracy, which is the top CIA cutout used in our tens of thousands of NGO swarms. NED ranks number one. It was created to be the NGO affiliate of the CIA. It was created to do overtly what the CIA was doing covertly and getting in trouble for doing in the 20th century, created under the Reagan administration in 1983. There’s something called the NDI for Democrats and the for Republicans, the CIA wing of the Republican Party. They both split spoils, basically on US foreign policy jobs that the CIA orchestrates.

BREAKING: Hunter Biden was Involved with CIA in Ukraine - Led to Trump-Russia Lies and Deep State Assault on Trump - Mike Benz Video | The Gateway Pundit | by Guest Contributor

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    The supposed "fraud" had already happened when he was investigated by congress. If they thought Trump had committed fraud they would have nailed him for it back then.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. PacificBlueGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Congress never investigated Trump for fraud. The business fraud trial was in NY, and found his organization culpable. There's nothing conspiratorial about it. He committed fraud, like with his University and his charity, only this was on a much bigger scale.

The Oversight Committee has found nothing to impeach Biden over, and the investigation uncovered more evidence against Trump and his facilitators in a Russian mis-information campaign. Comer is looking for an exit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    They investigated Trump for everything imaginable... and then some.

Was Biden of Obama's administration when Obama sold 20% of our nation's Uranium ore to the Russians? The he committed a crime and it favored the Biden's, Obamas and the Clintons personally.

The fraud happened when the DNC and the Dems like Obama and Biden invented that hit piece 9fraudulant document) you mistakenly call a "dossier."

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    this surprised me. a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money on this. they can't support the meme once the shorts can hit it

16. PacificBlueGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, he is in a shitload of legal trouble. Ninety-one criminal indictments, Sexual assault, defamation, conspiring to evade the FBI to return classified documents, interfering with the GA election and the violence on J6. There's more, and those legal bills are piling up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    FAKE NEWS... STOP IT! That was not a criminal case it was civil and nothing more than a personal insult happened to that woman..

18. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Don't get me wrong. I say full speed ahead Leticia. Nothing wrong with padding President Trump's lead in the polls by another 2 or 3 points. All of the banana republic stuff is working out really well for voters such as myself. Can we get another lawsuit please?

19. PacificBlueGator

Apr 3, 2007
    True, it was not a criminal court that found him guilty of sexual assault and then defaming the victim. The jury found it to be much more than a personal insult.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You know damn well that is not what that jury found. They found Trump sexually abused her and the judge ruled the conduct he engaged in, while not meeting the narrow NY statutory definition of rape, met the common definition of rape. Your boy is a RAPIST, not an insulter, a RAPIST.