Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Josh Pate's SEC Quarterback Ratings Entering 2024 (Late Kick Cut)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, May 18, 2024.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm not complaining, but I would mind going back to east and west divisions and playing an all SEC schedule too. I kind of liked the 2020 season for that one reason.

Even if the conference from office doesn't force more than 8 SEC games per year I still like the two divisions we had better than this free for all we have now. Because in this format teams (like we did this year) can get screwed on scheduling. But previously, to this year and next year's scheduling, we knew the teams we were going to play.

Let's go back to two divisions and force a 10 SEC game schedule and have the best of both worlds. But the crappy schools poo-pooed that idea becasue they need enough OCC cupcakes to make the bowl season. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 19, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    I’m surprised no one has mentioned we have a third QB who was impressive in the Spring game and has starting experience. Clay Millen looked crisp and decisive in his little action in the Spring game. Hope he hangs with us. You never know when you might need a third option. A lot of teams in our league don’t have that luxury.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’d say the door is always open for the right player if opportunity knocks but we seem to have filled the holes and have some depth. An all sec lb for example would be really nice. We”may” have four really good lb’s but we haven’t seen it yet. That pretty much goes for the entire squad. Mertz and Wilson could be all sec? Who else would you reasonably project?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, Mertz is at the mercy of our O-line more than I wished he were. But he's slippery enough to get out of jams, and he can toss it well on the run which he has proven before. But Lagway will be fun watch... He has all the tools to get out of jams and make plays with his feet.

I wonder how we will use Lagway and Mertz this year. They have to have a plan for them to compliment each other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I like the divisions also. Tgat way if three top 10 teams are in the same division, they all play each other. No loosided bs schedules. There’s no way of knowing who those teams will be in five years if the schedule was laid out for the future. Divisions is best and win your division regardless of record.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, if we decide to red-shirt Lagway Clay will be more important than people think as a back-up QB to Mertz.

How many years of eligibility does he have left?

7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Our numbers are going to be heavily skewed as the offenses and defenses we are up against are going to be much better than your average team faces. You want to compare us against Boise St when they play who they play? Just because they are rated higher doesn’t mean they are better. I’ll watch the games and use my eyes to tell me where we really stand.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    He’s listed on the Spring roster as a RS junior.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1