Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jason Aldean song and video pulled

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ATLGATORFAN, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    The funniest part about this is Aldean is calling out crime and the left immediately assumes Aldean is talking about Black people.

The outrage over the song is more racist than the song itself, which is itself not racist at all.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Whatever, I talked about sex with goats, meth, trailers, having no teeth, and you guys immediately assumed I was talking about white people... you guys are so damn racist against white people...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    They showed this at the Grammy's, dude. Wake up.

WAP.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    According to Sting, Aldean was singing about the Black Lives Matter protests. His song alluded to violence, and the video was filmed in front of a courthouse famous for a lynching. Do the math.

5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I suspect this is more bs.

POLL:

Is anyone here in favor of banning this video?

Has anyone here stopped listening to Aldean's music?

Has anyone here burnt his records?

Has anyone here called on a radio station to stop playing his "music"?

[​IMG]

6. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    He was singing about violent riots at a place where a lynching happened like 100 years ago, and most people didn't know about it until two seconds ago.

This a classic case of fabricated outrage that is ironically more racist than the subject of the outrage itself.

You're associating violent protests with Black people.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Any reason to believe the Grammy's wouldn't also show two Country Bubbas doing whatever that is?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If you can't follow the conversation, go waste somebody else's time with your inane nonsense. This is the quote I responded to:
    Sting clearly interpreted Aldean as singing about the Black Lives Matter protests. Don't play stupid and pretend he was talking about some other protests from "a few summers back." My point was that if you believe he was talking about BLM protests in the song, then it is clear that his song and video are alluding to lynching people.

But yes, the people pointing out that Aldean's sundown song filmed in front of a courthouse famous for a lynching are the "real" racists here.

9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    The point is "this" apparently is where we draw the line.

That image I shared with you is empowering and appropriate for TV, but not Aldean's video? What kind of horseshit is that?

To pretend the story here is just about Country Music Television is to completely ignore all of the people acting like it's a good thing this song was removed, including on this very thread.

Plain as day evidence that standards don't matter anymore, only politics and power.

We're supposed to pretend that people aren't singing about sex and murder, while that crap is exposed to kids... but the second Aldean commits the cardinal offense of having a music video at a site where a lynching happened 100 years ago... in a song that makes NO reference to race... "Oh... the horror. Shield your eyes!"

Ya'll aren't mad because you're offended. You're mad because you hate the message, not in the sense that it alludes to violence because tons of songs do that and you don't care, but because it stands up to this cultural movement where we're supposed to pretend violent riots for causes you like are to be ignored or met with sympathy for the cause.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    huh?

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Doc, we all know that you're the CEO of that country music channel and are responsible for the business decision of not wanting to play a video associated with lynching. This is your doing. HOW DARE YOU! ;)

12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    You've positioned yourself to play and record with some very good musicians, including this guitar/bass/mando/keys/harp/drummer. I know the feeling. When I was an undergrad at FL, I wondered what it would be like to play in a band with all better players than myself. When I went to North Texas, I found out. But that's just school. I've been smoked by hundreds of players on hundreds of gigs. Probably much more common where I was the lowest player on the band stand than the converse. Then again, I've played with a whole bunch of mother [#6][#21][#3][#11]ers. You too. So, we got that going for us.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Pretending as though a critique on Black Lives Matter is a critique on Black people is racist on its face.

Black Lives Matter does not speak for Black people, and violent riots certainly do not represent all Black people. The fact that you and most of the left immediately jumped to that association is really telling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I’m not actually mad about anything… before today I never heard of this guy, or the song, and have never watched CMT, and I think 99% country songs suck ass and sound like they were written by someone with a 3rd grade education, this one included.

But if the people that run CMT think this song promotes vigilante violence and don’t want to air it, that’s fine … just like as I have pointed out, they are also not playing Cop Killer or Nazi skinhead bands on VH1…

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    LOL, why do you keep responding to the thread if the video is not a big deal?

@Gator715 has a valid point. I can't count the number of music videos I've watched on MTV and BET that are songs about murdering various individuals and bragging about it. If that qualifies under the "entertainment" label, I don't see how Aldean's video doesn't. MTV corporate simply doesn't have the cajones to keep this video on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    And raping people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I'm laughing so hard. This is legitimately one of the dumbest responses I've ever seen on this site. That's an impressive accomplishment. Aldean sings a song that is all about how small-town folks will use violence against people doing things they don't like.

If you believe the song is a critique of Black Lives Matter, it then becomes clear that he is threatening violence against Black Lives Matter while standing in front a courthouse famous for a lynching. You're going to need to step your mental gymnastics game up to get out of this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    How dare you, War! It is an offense of the highest level for CMT to not want their brand tied to lynching when television channels are perfectly okay with having their brands tied to attractive women dancing suggestively. That's not fair!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I am stupid lucky. Prob 10 years ago we needed a babysitter for the summer, got this woman. She played mando in a bluegrass band & we asked about guitar lessons for our kids. She recommended highly this BK guy in her band. She quit after 3 days. About 6 months later, I looked up BK to teach my son. First lesson I watched. After, I said, that was cool...I feared you'd teach him mary had a little lamb. Without hesitation, he ripped into SRV's Mary had a little lamb. Next thing I said was, "do you teach adults?". Anyway, later I saw him at our gym & blurted out that I wanted to record a record b/c I'd been writing songs. He lives 2 miles from me, has a really nice basement studio & it turns out, finding cracker jack musicians that will record ain't that hard. The steel guy was all internet bidness, never met him. I'm not worthy & it is a really cool opportunity for me to indulge a very frustrating passon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

I guess he hates red tractors.....:):):)

• Funny Funny x 1