Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Jason Aldean song and video pulled

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ATLGATORFAN, Jul 19, 2023.

1. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    This video aged well because it still sounds the same.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Why? bud light ‘moment’ is complete opposite

3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Push! Push! PUSH!!! and don’t be surprised when people push back …

One reason the song is so popular, in my opinion, is that it exposes the hypocrisy of our leaders during the summer 2020 riots, where they told us to stay inside to stay safe from COVID—unless, of course, you were rioting and destroying property; then you could go whatever you want.

Since then, we’ve seen a two-and-a-half-year liberal meltdown over the Jan. 6 “insurrection,” with hundreds of participants jailed, while it seems virtually no one has faced legal consequences for the summer 2020 outbursts.

The truth is, the 2020 riots went on far longer than the Jan. 6, 2021, capitol attack, there were more deaths and injuries, and they caused at least $2 billion in damage. So yeah, people are still upset.

CMT Latest to Tell You What You Can See and Think, Yanks Jason Aldean's No. 1 Song From the Rotation

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    This
    Damn Bro country is awful. Now we have the female version too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    damn. was hoping people'd think it was me. its only the 2nd time I've let someone else play guitar. It's a guy who's played drums, bass, mando, keys, harp & now (grrr) guitar on my stuff. He's ridiculous. He did play a gibson & he has a hollow body & solid body...it prob was the hollow. here he is playing a guitar with a guitar.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hmm, stereotype much? All country music fans throw around the n-word and have sex with goats, huh?

And actually, black rappers throw the n-word around constantly and in all towns big, small or medium. They also constantly degrade women, promote violence and well, you get the point. But hey, let’s all ignore rap songs like “Cop Killer” and “WAP” ( now that’s a classic) and instead get upset about Jason Aldean writing a song basically calling out the violent riots, er peaceful protests, that we saw a few summers back.

And here’s an idea…don’t censor music at all. I don’t listen to rap and nor am I a big country fan. If others want to listen to either, that is their right but no one should be hypocritical and condone one while condemning the other.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    i didn't read it as an attack on country music fans. I read it as an attack on small town rednecks. but, it is narrow minded....they have sex with sheep too.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Not true, one of the MAGA right-wing rabble rousers who infiltrated the protest and then lit a police station on fire got sentenced and is in prison. Good riddance to him.

9. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Black rappers throw the n-word around, degrade women and promote violence…jeez who do they think they are, Trump supporters?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    If that's your take on the song, then he was definitely alluding to lynching people, which makes it all the worse that you're defending it (and trying to act like women singing about their genitals is somehow comparably bad).

11. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes ... just like all liberals spit on cops or whatever else this country bumpkin is singing about.

Also, I don't censor music, not sure how I could if I wanted to. But I saw Body Count twice when I was younger ... had the original Body Count Album from before the label removed that song. If you want to have an opinion about that, go right ahead ... I don't really care.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Aldean was stereotyping small towns. I've lived in a town that had less than 10k (Durango) & currently own a place in a town with a pop of 651 (Silverthorne). They are nothing like the towns Aldean sings about. In fact on 7/9, I saw Jason Isbell in a town of 1,057 (Dillon)...he made several digs at Aldean & the crowd loved it. 2 days later this podcast dropped & Isbell (from little Green Hill, AL) again dogged Aldean.
    24 Question Party People: Jason Isbell

13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    WARNING: Probably the darkest song you'll ever hear.

For anyone applauding this decision, listen to this song, then tell me which is worse:

I am providing the clean version, but if you want the real version it uses about as colorful of language as you can imagine.

If Aldean's song crosses the line but not this, reconsider your standards.

For those who don't want to listen to it, Eminem is rapping about killing his significant other, speaks throughout the video like an absolute psychopath, and proceeds to depict murdering her in the song in brutal fashion.

Then, there's this:

"When I hit it from the back, don't fuss, don't fight
    When I put it in ya mouth, don't scratch, don't bite"

But Aldean? This is where we draw the line?

Backwards ass culture.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Streisand Effect is about to set in real quick.

"Cancelling" this song will probably be the best thing that happens to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Where does Aldean allude to lynching people?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    try this 1 from a gospel duo

17. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm confused. Are you saying Country Music Television plays this Eminem song while refusing to play the Aldean song?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, I'm saying the outrage at the Aldean song clutching the pearls by the hive mind around here is hilariously obtuse.

That song was about as milk toast as you can get when you compare it to your typical rap song and video.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  20. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    And? Do they play your typical rap songs with nasty language and violent lyrics on TV somewhere?

Seems like they are being treated the same, so no double standard.